No announcement yet.

Q & A with 2011 NPC National Overall Champion IFBB Pro Todd Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todd, do you have any pictures of your first competition? also do you remeber what was your weight and age of your first competition.

Comment

• Todd first I want to say congrats on your NPC win...

I was wondering how much water do you drink a day and how do you get all that water in?

Comment

• yo happy new year IFBB pro!

todd i'm interested in your stance on bed-time eating (offseason). a lot of people limit their carbohydrate intake because it can interfere with your body's gh release which occurs during sleep. on the other hand there are a lot of people who take the phrase "you grow when you sleep" to heart and end up having a carb dense meal before bed, like eggs, oats, pb.

lately before bed i've been having a cup of cottage cheese, few table spoons of PB (or almond butter), milk (or water), fat free sugar free chocolate pudding mix, and ice cubes blended up. i find that having something heavy like a steak with vegetables before bed sits like a cinder block in me all night and when it comes time to have breakfast i'm not ready yet lol.

what things have worked and not worked for you?

thanks todd. happy new year bro

-Zack

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
          Thanks Mayor! I am hoping to have a column going in the next issue of MD, but we will see. Happy New Year to you too. Did you notice how much my brother and I look alike in the picture above? He has the same great genetics that I have. He used to come train with me for a couple months when he was home from college in the summer and he would put on like 15-20 lbs of muscle and drop a ton of fat in that short amount of time.
          Yeah kind of like my gentetics lol! You guys could pass for twins and he looks like a pretty big guy,tell him wasting good genetics is a mortal sin in the bodybuilding world! lol!

Comment

• Hey keep up the good work man!! Just had a brief question for you. Yesterday I had a killer leg workout, I mean killer, today I'm feeling the result of it (typical soreness hurts to the touch) Since massaging can help muscle growth is it a goods idea to massage them while their sore, or hold off, your thoughts. Thank you so much. Your the man

Comment

• Originally posted by buschman400 View Post
              Hey keep up the good work man!! Just had a brief question for you. Yesterday I had a killer leg workout, I mean killer, today I'm feeling the result of it (typical soreness hurts to the touch) Since massaging can help muscle growth is it a goods idea to massage them while their sore, or hold off, your thoughts. Thank you so much. Your the man
              In my opinion massage after training is great. It helps to move lactic acid out and nutrient rich blood in. It should speed up your recovery time when you are sore like that.
              www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Comment

• Hey Todd Are we going to get a video of you training with Seth, Phil, or Steve? That would be awesome.
                Those who persist prevail

Comment

• Originally posted by jdilla2812 View Post
                  Hey Todd Are we going to get a video of you training with Seth, Phil, or Steve? That would be awesome.
                  Yes actually. There will be a video posted soon of Seth Feroce and I getting a quick arm workout in before we went out to celebrate Hany's bday. It was a pretty light workout since I just started training again following surgery 6 weeks ago.

Comment

• Hey Todd Are you going to come out with a dvd? Your story would be very interesting and would Inspire alot of your fans!

Comment

• hey todd hope to be well..can you offer a plan to detox a bodybuilders body after years of heavy protein intake supps etc ? i know hany bputts his athletes on aprogram like this especialy after a contest.. can you give a few guidlines?

Comment

• Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                        Hey Todd Are you going to come out with a dvd? Your story would be very interesting and would Inspire alot of your fans!
                        Actually yes. It is in the works as we speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill2 View Post
                          hey todd hope to be well..can you offer a plan to detox a bodybuilders body after years of heavy protein intake supps etc ? i know hany bputts his athletes on aprogram like this especialy after a contest.. can you give a few guidlines?
                          Yes Hany does put his athletes on a detox program from time to time. Unfortunately per my agreement with Hany I cannot divulge the specifics of this program. Its Hany's trade secret. Sorry.

Comment

• This video clip was shot a couple months after returning to the gym following my near fatal pulmonary embolism. And I don't want to here and shit about my form because this is how Hany wants me squatting.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with the squat form at all I dont think. Your tall for a bodybuilder. Your ass isnt going to hit those heels

Comment

• Hey Todd it's great to see your back fit and healthy again after your op!! Just a quick question for you
                                I been bodybuilding for bout 3 years now but my arms are my lagging body part what excersises would you recommend to get growth and help build up my arms???
                                Cheers bud ur gunna have a great year this yr!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X