Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IFBB Pro Paula View Post
    Will you be at the Flex Pro 2/18/12?
    Yes I will be. I am looking forward to seeing you make your pro debut there. I will be cheering for you.
    www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Comment

• Hi todd, i hope your trainings going well, do you have any plans for a pro debut yet?...also i have a question about post workout carbs.

During your cut when would you stop including your post workout fast digesting carbs... I currently get 60g from maltodextrin with my shake post workout, but am unsure how to approach this when i begin my cut...Would i keep the quick carbs in till the last few weeks? Or would i gradually decrease it as i would with the rest of my carbs? Or completley eliminate it as soon as my diet starts, to try and keep insulin in check?

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by sal722 View Post
        Hi todd, i hope your trainings going well, do you have any plans for a pro debut yet?...also i have a question about post workout carbs.

During your cut when would you stop including your post workout fast digesting carbs... I currently get 60g from maltodextrin with my shake post workout, but am unsure how to approach this when i begin my cut...Would i keep the quick carbs in till the last few weeks? Or would i gradually decrease it as i would with the rest of my carbs? Or completley eliminate it as soon as my diet starts, to try and keep insulin in check?

Thanks in Advance!
        My training is going well. I have not yet set a date for my pro debut.
        As far as the carbs, it really depends on how your body is responding. If you are having trouble dropping fat then it may be a good idea to cut out the high glycemic carbs post workout. If your progress in the fat loss department continues at a steady pace while still consuming those carbs then there is no reason to remove them from your diet.

Comment

• Hey Todd !! One more question : I have a shoulder pain and does not help me in chest training.
          My routine is : 1.Incline dumbbell press
          2.Smith machine incline press
          3.Dips
          4.Smith machine flat press
          5.Pec deck

Do you believe is it best to change the exercises ? Thanks a lot brother,have a great pro debut !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diomidis Mavroudis View Post
            Hey Todd !! One more question : I have a shoulder pain and does not help me in chest training.
            My routine is : 1.Incline dumbbell press
            2.Smith machine incline press
            3.Dips
            4.Smith machine flat press
            5.Pec deck

Do you believe is it best to change the exercises ? Thanks a lot brother,have a great pro debut !!!
            I have dealt with some tendonitis issues in my shoulders in the past. I found that getting away from machines (including Smith Machine) for a while alleviated the pain. It might be a good idea to switch things up a bit. Also, you can try training lighter doing sets of 20 and 30 for a couple weeks to give the joints a break from the heavy loads they are enduring. I like to do that once in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
              I have dealt with some tendonitis issues in my shoulders in the past. I found that getting away from machines (including Smith Machine) for a while alleviated the pain. It might be a good idea to switch things up a bit. Also, you can try training lighter doing sets of 20 and 30 for a couple weeks to give the joints a break from the heavy loads they are enduring. I like to do that once in a while.
              Thank you for the help !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diomidis Mavroudis View Post
                Thank you for the help !!!
                No problem!

Comment

• "RELENTLESS" - Todd's first DVD

DVD IN PRODUCTION - EXPECTED RELEASE DATE APRIL 2012

"RELENTLESS"

Follow Todd Jewell’s journey from his near death experience to his miraculous return to the stage where he captured the Overall title at the 2011 National Bodybuilding Championships on his road to becoming the newest IFBB Professional Bodybuilder. This video will show you the obstacles he overcame and give you an inside look into Todd’s daily life and training regimen. There will also be a few surprises that you won’t want to miss!

DVD will be filmed and produced by Joel Barham.

Be one of the first to get a copy by Pre-Ordering Today! Pre-order discount price of $24.95 plus Shipping. Orders after the DVD is released will be at the regular price of $29.95 + Shipping.

***The first 100 pre-orders will receive a FREE Autographed 8x10 photo of their choice!!***

PRE-ORDER HERE

Comment

• Crown Jewell Athletics T-shirts available now!

My new t-shirt design is available for purchase now on my website. Shirts are available in white, black and gray. Hats and beanies will be available early next week along with a second new t-shirt design.

Front_White_CJA1.jpg

www.toddjewell.com/shopthevault.php

Comment

• yo todd, how long do u take off after a comp from training, supps etc? do u take time off training regularly and do u think its needed or u just do it because u want a break

Comment

• Originally posted by ukstrongman View Post
                        yo todd, how long do u take off after a comp from training, supps etc? do u take time off training regularly and do u think its needed or u just do it because u want a break
                        If I am going straight into off-season after a show I will take 3-7 days off of training. I don't regularly take time off from training but I was forced to in 2010 and 2011 due to surgeries. Normally I continue training all year. From time to time my body feels pretty beat up so I will extend my day off into 2-3 days.

Comment

• todd since you're using fst-7.. have you ever use blood starving sets like in the new FST-7 DVD?

Comment

• Originally posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
                            todd since you're using fst-7.. have you ever use blood starving sets like in the new FST-7 DVD?
                            Yes, I have. Hany put me through a quad workout just before nationals last year utilizing the lying leg press. I was not allowed to take my feet off of the platform overhead until i had finished several sets. It was extremely painful.

Comment

• u rock man!

whats your current diet in off season?

and how high does your BF % go in the off season?

and how high/low u think a person should keep in off season..

TY!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
                                Yes, I have. Hany put me through a quad workout just before nationals last year utilizing the lying leg press. I was not allowed to take my feet off of the platform overhead until i had finished several sets. It was extremely painful.
                                i want to try it for arms seems pretty painful in the Video

Comment

Working...
                                X