No announcement yet.

Q & A with 2011 NPC National Overall Champion IFBB Pro Todd Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd have you ever taken fish oil? I hear it helps your joints out. Do you have any insight on this? Have had pain in joints recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking212 View Post
      Todd have you ever taken fish oil? I hear it helps your joints out. Do you have any insight on this? Have had pain in joints recently.
      I took fish oil for a few years and didn't really notice much difference in joint pain. There is plenty of studies out there that conclude that fish oil helps with joints so you might just try it out. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did.
      www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Comment

• got another very important Q for myself, Ive been dieting now 8 weeks, and am in pretty lean condition (just for myself) i estimate around a solid 10-11% bodyfat level full abs tenses, ribs showing through, now ive been training weights 4 x a week and doing cardio 5x morning at 40minutes each time and i do no cardio after weights......

I start a new job in 2 weeks which means I will be away travelling the Uk for a while so I will have time to fit in training with weights, but not sure if I can do 2 sessions a day (one cardio, one weights). Now considering Im dieting just to get into lean condition i estimate i have another 4kg to lose to get into excellent shape which I would be very happy with (me being tough on myself) so thats around 4 weeks of dieting..... is there anyway i can diet with just 1 session a day... say do weights and then cardio straight after for 40minutes or is that too much? also on my offdays (i would have 3 of them) I could do cardio on those days too maybe even longer session? or maybe in the evening do a jog on the street session?

ive never really done much cardio after a session for fear id harm muscle or whatever but im not sure.. Im going to send this Q to few other pros on here and see the opinions.... thanks!

Comment

• You can do cardio following weights without sacrificing muscle by taking in some BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) before and after the cardio session. I have been doing this for years during contest prep and I continue to get stronger all the way through my prep.

Comment

• Hey Todd,

when we will see you back on stage and how is your current weight?

cheers
            Christian
            The real and only... http://www.body-xtreme.de

Comment

• Originally posted by christianausdemspreewald View Post
              Hey Todd,

cheers
              Christian
              That's a good question, I am curious to know if you have decided when to make your pro debut too!
              Muscular Development Online Editor
              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Hey Todd,

cheers
                Christian
                I am currently in contest prep to make my pro debut in Tampa at the PBW Championships 8 weeks from now. My weight is currently at 290 pounds.

Comment

• hows your macros going right now?

on days u train and the days u are off from the gym?

would be nice to se, u eat like an machine ive heard..

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
                    I am currently in contest prep to make my pro debut in Tampa at the PBW Championships 8 weeks from now. My weight is currently at 290 pounds.
                    Excellent!
                    Muscular Development Online Editor
                    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
                      Oh Tampa will be great...I heart Roelly Winklaar, Eduardo Correa, Clarence De Vis and Marius Dohne will also do this show.
                      Todd good luck and I'm excited to see your package!!

Take care
                      Christian

Comment

• Are you still working with Hany Rambod and if you were to qualify for the olympia would you do it. Also thanks for always responding to the my questions and goodluck in Tampa. Really excited to see you make your pro debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking212 View Post
                          Are you still working with Hany Rambod and if you were to qualify for the olympia would you do it. Also thanks for always responding to the my questions and goodluck in Tampa. Really excited to see you make your pro debut.
                          Unfortunately Twinlab did not renew my contract after the win at Nationals so I lost a good chunk of my income. I can't afford to pay for Hany's services right now. He has been kind enough to look in on me from time to time through this contest prep but I am trying no to bother him too much as I don't feel good about picking his brain when I am not paying him. I am hoping to work with him again soon though.
                          If I were to qualify for the Olympia I would definitely compete there. My near death experience last year has really taught me that tomorrow is guarantee to no one. You just never know if you will ever get that opportunity again. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Oh Tampa will be great...I heart Roelly Winklaar, Eduardo Correa, Clarence De Vis and Marius Dohne will also do this show.
                            Todd good luck and I'm excited to see your package!!

Take care
                            Christian
                            This should be a great show. Those are all great competitors. Hide is also competing there and I heard a rumor that Jason Huh is putting his trunks on for this one. I think it's going to be more competitive than last year. These new qualification rules are bringing more quality physiques to the smaller shows.

Comment

• Hey Todd,
                              now we are 7 weeks out of Tampa. Whean we will see a video of you in preperation of this event??

cheers
                              Christian

Comment

Hey Todd,
                                now we are 7 weeks out of Tampa. Whean we will see a video of you in preperation of this event??

cheers
                                Christian
                                That will be up to MD. Not sure if they are going to send their video guy over my way. More than likely they won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X