Q & A with 2011 NPC National Overall Champion IFBB Pro Todd Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    Yes, I wanted to get that surgery out of the way as soon as possible since this is when my body can most benefit from the rest time.
    I always hate talking about bf% because there is always someone who wants to argue about the legitimacy of the testing. But I have done the dunk tank and compared it with the 9 point skin fold test. The numbers come out pretty close to the same. Using these two methods I am usually just under 6% in the off-season. I don't usually do any cardio in the off-season. My work schedule has usually kept me very busy on my feet throughout the day. Without a gallbladder I don't break down and absorb dietary fat very well so I can imagine this helps to keeps me a little leaner as it reduces the overall calories that are actually utilized.

6% wow ,, i WISH i was that low when bulking ha ,,
    yeah was SMART move having the operation just after comp,, as like u said the rest will DO U GOOD!
    jusr rest up ,, and then kill it when ur back training,, lookin 4ward to seeing u compete in ur 1st pro Show !!
    Bodybuilding isn't 90 minutes in the gym... Its a lifestyle -Lee Priest

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
      Congrats on your win! Best of luck on the pro stage, and hope you keep faithful to the q & a
      Thank you Billy! I will be on here daily answering questions.
      www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Comment

Originally posted by Gabri View Post
        WELCOME TODD!!!!
        Thank you Gabri! It's great to be here!

Comment

Originally posted by richieg6 View Post
          6% wow ,, i WISH i was that low when bulking ha ,,
          yeah was SMART move having the operation just after comp,, as like u said the rest will DO U GOOD!
          jusr rest up ,, and then kill it when ur back training,, lookin 4ward to seeing u compete in ur 1st pro Show !!
          I actually didn't expect to get in to surgery quite that soon but the surgeon had a cancellation. I am very anxious to get back to training and start growing. I hope to really bring up some weak points before getting on stage next.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
            I actually didn't expect to get in to surgery quite that soon but the surgeon had a cancellation. I am very anxious to get back to training and start growing. I hope to really bring up some weak points before getting on stage next.
            well that be smart move,, waiting till u feel u can do DAMAGE !!
            i have same mind set , starting bulking in jan ,, for a good solid year ,, want bring up my calves and arms ,, then ill compete in 1-2 years ,, when i Feel im ready !
            Bodybuilding isn't 90 minutes in the gym... Its a lifestyle -Lee Priest

Comment

congrats on the pro card todd. what show are you planning to debut at.
              -Jack

Comment

Hey Todd,
                nice to see you in this board. I hope you enjoy the time and the questions.
                Best greetings, fast recovery and maximum success from germany(www.bodybuilding-magazin.de)
                Christian

---
                I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.764228,14.328009
                The real and only... http://www.body-xtreme.de

Comment

Originally posted by richieg6 View Post
                  well that be smart move,, waiting till u feel u can do DAMAGE !!
                  i have same mind set , starting bulking in jan ,, for a good solid year ,, want bring up my calves and arms ,, then ill compete in 1-2 years ,, when i Feel im ready !
                  Exactly! That is a good way to look at things. Come in with a plan and step on stage when you are ready.

Comment

Originally posted by jackonmsn View Post
                    congrats on the pro card todd. what show are you planning to debut at.
                    Thank you Jackonmsn! Hany and I have not yet decided when and where I will make my pro debut. I need to get a good off-season under my belt before I am ready as I have some improvements that must be made. We will take it one day at at time and see how my body responds.

Comment

Originally posted by christianausdemspreewald View Post
                      Hey Todd,
                      nice to see you in this board. I hope you enjoy the time and the questions.
                      Best greetings, fast recovery and maximum success from germany(www.bodybuilding-magazin.de)
                      Christian

---
                      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.764228,14.328009
                      Thanks Christian! It's great to be here. I do really enjoy interacting with the bodybuilding community.

Comment

Congrats on your pro status Todd! On a previous post you sad your work keep you active and walking a lot, so how can you manage your meals? I live in Seattle area and I can not find a job that allow me to have a quick meal every three hours! If you do not mind me to ask...what kind of job do you do? Thank you man! You are a big inspiration been able to became a pro while working a regular job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bistecca View Post
                          Congrats on your pro status Todd! On a previous post you sad your work keep you active and walking a lot, so how can you manage your meals? I live in Seattle area and I can not find a job that allow me to have a quick meal every three hours! If you do not mind me to ask...what kind of job do you do? Thank you man! You are a big inspiration been able to became a pro while working a regular job.
                          Thank you Bistecca! I was living in the Seattle area for a while. I love it over there. Up until very recently I have been working in the aerospace industry. I spent a number of years working as an aerospace CNC machinist. For the last year and a half I was working as a hydraulic systems tech for the same company. My job was to test and diagnose problems with hydraulic systems that operated landing gear, flap actuators, gun turrets, missle release mechanisms, etc on aircraft. Once they were diagnosed I would tear the unit down, inspect it, rework all necessary parts, replace seals, and rebuild it. I would then test and re-certify the unit under the guidelines of the FAA or per military specs.
                          I ate before going to work and I was allowed a 10 minute break at 9am and 2 pm as well as a 30 min lunch at noon. This allowed me to get 3 of my meals in during my 8-10 hour work day. I had to eat fast to get the large amounts of food in in under ten minutes but I made it work.

Comment

Congrats on the pro card Todd, hope you will have a good offseason, if i may ask whats ur typichal leg routine like?

Comment

congrats big t!, keep working hard , what is your favorite exercise for biceps in putting mass on in general? have a safe christmas holiday!

Comment

Congrats on your pro card Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X