Q & A with 2011 NPC National Overall Champion IFBB Pro Todd Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    Thanks bro! I assume that asking her nicely hasn't worked or you wouldn't be asking me for advice. That would've been my first suggestion, asking her nicely. If that doesn't work you might try richieg6's approach and present her with a challenge. You could also try bargaining with her. Do something for her in return for her cooking. Or buy her nice, big, shiny, jewelry... That seems to get women to do lots of things they wouldn't normally do.... LOL!
    Im getting her some jewelry for xmas. Costing me an arm & a leg, college & minimum wage, i love it lol .
    Food causing distension? Anyone heard of Kobayashi !?

Comment

Hey Todd, Huge congrats on the win and pro card!

Do you change training styles from off season to pre contest? If so what does your tricep routine looklike when bulking?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
        Thanks Christian! It's great to be here. I do really enjoy interacting with the bodybuilding community.
        Hey Todd,

we from BodyXtreme will observe you for the german bodybuilding community.
        Good luck und get well!!

cheers
        Christian
        The real and only... http://www.body-xtreme.de

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed husnain View Post
          man congratulation to your win . i always believe that one day u could find the winning formula with the help of hany. great man to talk i m a big fan of hany from pakistan. always search the articles of hany. well u r lucky to work with hany.
          Thank you! Yes Hany is great to work with. He did an amazing job.
          www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Comment

Originally posted by klx_boy View Post
            Hey Todd, Huge congrats on the win and pro card!

Do you change training styles from off season to pre contest? If so what does your tricep routine looklike when bulking?

Thanks
            Thank you! No, my training style stays the same all year round. I believe there will be a writeup in the next issue of MD that covers my training in detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevosaurusrex View Post
              Im getting her some jewelry for xmas. Costing me an arm & a leg, college & minimum wage, i love it lol .
              Atta boy! I hear ya bro! I have been there myself. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevosaurusrex View Post
                Same boat here, it fckin SUCKS.
                Subscribe - http://youtube.com/blackwellmuscle
                http://swoletra.com

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
                  Same boat here, it fckin SUCKS.
                  Stay the course my friends. It will pay off in the long run.

Comment

CONGRATS Todd! I hope you have a speedy & safe recovery!
                    JOIN my health transformation challenge
                    www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
                      CONGRATS Todd! I hope you have a speedy & safe recovery!
                      Thanks MsGuns!! Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Comment

Hey Todd,

Massive congrats on the pro card and signing with MD, its a great achievement considering all the ill health u have had!!!

I have a couple of questions if you would be so kind....

Firstly... I read on a previous post that you do ur squats on a smith, I currently doing mine on a smith machine, however i can not seem to find the correct position for my feet? could u pls give me some advice?

Secondly.... During contest prep do u eat carbs with every meal? i have been taking carbs out my last meal but it leaves me extermly hungry first thing in the morning. Do u take all your carbs out your last meal during contest prep and off season?

Look forward to seeing you on stage again soon Todd and best of luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by robw88 View Post
                          Hey Todd,

Massive congrats on the pro card and signing with MD, its a great achievement considering all the ill health u have had!!!

I have a couple of questions if you would be so kind....

Firstly... I read on a previous post that you do ur squats on a smith, I currently doing mine on a smith machine, however i can not seem to find the correct position for my feet? could u pls give me some advice?

Secondly.... During contest prep do u eat carbs with every meal? i have been taking carbs out my last meal but it leaves me extermly hungry first thing in the morning. Do u take all your carbs out your last meal during contest prep and off season?

Look forward to seeing you on stage again soon Todd and best of luck!!!
                          Thank you very much! It has been quite a rough road getting here. As far as foot placement for smith squats, it really depends on what area you are trying to target. For inner thigh, you want to use a wide stance. For outer sweep, a close stance will target that. If your feet are far out in front of you your glutes and hams will be activated more. And on the flip side, if your feet are underneath you and your knees are moving forward over your toes as you descend, your quads will be doing most of the work.

During contest prep I don't usually eat carbs with my last meal. Unfortunately you will end up hungry in the morning but this will really help with the fat loss. I keep carbs in at my last meal during the off-season, but I dont store fat easily. Some people who store fat easily may want to leave the carbs out of that last meal in off-season.
                          I hope this has answered your questions. Good luck!

Comment

Todd,

Thats great thanks. I will give that a go and see how things shape up. Maybe one day I will be standing nxt to you on a pro stage!

Best of luck with the recovery and the coming off season.

Comment

Originally posted by robw88 View Post
                              Todd,

Thats great thanks. I will give that a go and see how things shape up. Maybe one day I will be standing nxt to you on a pro stage!

Best of luck with the recovery and the coming off season.
                              I am glad I could be of some help. As far as you standing on a pro stage, dont listen to those who tell you that you cant do it. Not many people thought I would ever be a pro when I was younger. But if you want it bad enough, make it happen! Good luck!

Comment

Todd,

First off, congrats on the pro card and MD contract! I've been following your YouTube channel for a few years and its awesome to see you've come so far.

I watched your "Day in the Life" videos when you were prepping for Nationals on MDTV and after hearing about your near-death experience I felt compelled to ask if that has been a sort of "enlightenment" moment that changed your perspective on life?

I know you said for a moment you had to call your mom because you thought it was all over and this just caught my attention because I had a similar moment about a month ago when I was in an ambulance being checked for a pulmonary embolism and thinking those were my last moments on earth. It was the scariest moment of my life, but everyday since that happened I feel like I've found new perspective on how fortunate I am to wake up each day; feels like I am able to just push aside excuses and whatnot now because I realize everyday is a gift.

Just wondering if you feel similar in that regard and did that drive your mentality during prep?

Best wishes in your recovery the next few weeks, looking forward to your pro debut!

Comment

Working...
                                X