Q & A with 2011 NPC National Overall Champion IFBB Pro Todd Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

I remember seeing vids of you when you were smaller, then out of no where you win the whole damn show.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Sleep View Post
      Todd,

First off, congrats on the pro card and MD contract! I've been following your YouTube channel for a few years and its awesome to see you've come so far.

I watched your "Day in the Life" videos when you were prepping for Nationals on MDTV and after hearing about your near-death experience I felt compelled to ask if that has been a sort of "enlightenment" moment that changed your perspective on life?

I know you said for a moment you had to call your mom because you thought it was all over and this just caught my attention because I had a similar moment about a month ago when I was in an ambulance being checked for a pulmonary embolism and thinking those were my last moments on earth. It was the scariest moment of my life, but everyday since that happened I feel like I've found new perspective on how fortunate I am to wake up each day; feels like I am able to just push aside excuses and whatnot now because I realize everyday is a gift.

Just wondering if you feel similar in that regard and did that drive your mentality during prep?

Best wishes in your recovery the next few weeks, looking forward to your pro debut!
      First off, thank you for following my channel. I'm sorry to hear about your scary situation. I hope everything turned out ok. I completely understand
      what you are saying. Since the embolism nearly took my life, I have looked at things much differently. As you said, every day is a gift. This new perspective on life did have a tremendous impact on my prep for the Nationals. On numerous occasions I found myself at the gym, ipod blasting in my ears to drown out the noise around me so I could be in my own little world. The thought of it all being taken from me would cross my mind occasionaly when I was struggling to get those last sets in and a flood of emotions would sweep across me. My level of motivation would rise drastically and I would find myself pushing harder than ever, almost as if to prove that I deserved to survive the embolism. This need to prove that I deserved to be alive, that I was worth saving, was one major driving factor in my ability to make my way back to the stage.
      www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Comment

Originally posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
        Congrats!

I remember seeing vids of you when you were smaller, then out of no where you win the whole damn show.
        Thank you! I am still in shock that it turned out that way after the rough year I had.

Comment

Todd I love your Bank Robber story! Its just shows what a stand up guy you are in real life!

Comment

Congrats Todd. Glad you're here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
              First off, thank you for following my channel. I'm sorry to hear about your scary situation. I hope everything turned out ok. I completely understand
              what you are saying. Since the embolism nearly took my life, I have looked at things much differently. As you said, every day is a gift. This new perspective on life did have a tremendous impact on my prep for the Nationals. On numerous occasions I found myself at the gym, ipod blasting in my ears to drown out the noise around me so I could be in my own little world. The thought of it all being taken from me would cross my mind occasionaly when I was struggling to get those last sets in and a flood of emotions would sweep across me. My level of motivation would rise drastically and I would find myself pushing harder than ever, almost as if to prove that I deserved to survive the embolism. This need to prove that I deserved to be alive, that I was worth saving, was one major driving factor in my ability to make my way back to the stage.
              Awesome stuff Todd, your story is one I'll always remember if I'm down and feel like quitting. Thanks for your time, keep forging that Olympia-bound physique!

Comment

Todd congratulations for your pro card and for your MD contract... which bodypart do you feel you need to improve before stepping on a Pro stage?

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                  Todd I love your Bank Robber story! Its just shows what a stand up guy you are in real life!
                  Thanks MOB! Seeing a woman attacked by a man is not something I am willing to tolerate. I had an alcoholic step-father that decided it was okay to knock my mother around when I was a kid. Eventually he had to deal with me. Seeing that has really changed who I am as a person. I am very protective of women. Once that bank robber lunged to grab the teller my instincts took over and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by hulksyndrome View Post
                    Congrats Todd. Glad you're here!!
                    Thank you hulksyndrome! It's great to be here!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Sleep View Post
                      Awesome stuff Todd, your story is one I'll always remember if I'm down and feel like quitting. Thanks for your time, keep forging that Olympia-bound physique!
                      Thank you. It means a great deal to hear that I have helped push a fellow bodybuilder in some way. Thanks for sharing your story with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
                        Todd congratulations for your pro card and for your MD contract... which bodypart do you feel you need to improve before stepping on a Pro stage?
                        Thank you YIS! I feel that every bodypart needs to improve before I make my pro debut. I have a large frame and it can hold a lot more muscle. My back and legs probably need more improvement than anything else in my opinion. What do you think I need to work on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jewell View Post
                          Thank you YIS! I feel that every bodypart needs to improve before I make my pro debut. I have a large frame and it can hold a lot more muscle. My back and legs probably need more improvement than anything else in my opinion. What do you think I need to work on?
                          well to be the best in the business everything can be better... but like you said legs and back can be better... remember that to be the one with the sandow in his hands you need to have the best back and pair of legs in the world

Comment

• Originally posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
                            well to be the best in the business everything can be better... but like you said legs and back can be better... remember that to be the one with the sandow in his hands you need to have the best back and pair of legs in the world
                            That is a very good way to look at it. Hany has helped me make some incredible impeovements given the circumstances this year. I am excited to see what we will be able to accomplish with a good, long offseason and way fewer obstacles. Thanks for your critique.

Comment

• Hey everyone! I just wanted to remind everyone about the upcoming 30th anniversary of the NPC Emerald Cup Championships. This event is being brought back to the Maydenbauer Center in Bellevue, Washington once again. For those of you who have not had the chance to experience this show before, I highly recommend that you don't miss it in April of 2012. It's going to be one to remember!

http://www.youtube.com/watchECupCommercial

http://www.craigproductions.com/

Comment

• What's your plans for the this off-season? and what training split will you follow and how much cardio? Keep at it!

Comment

Working...
                                X