Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Jon, you only have about 6 weeks left in the off-season before you start NY Pro prep. What are you focusing on the most right now, and what progress have you already made overall and in key areas since the USA?
    hey ron, right now i am focusing on putting on some thickness to my back and shoulders. i feel that i have def made the improvements in those areas thus far and am really looking to bring an overall better package than the usa! i also want to improve on bringing better conditioning to the stage come may 19!

    Comment


    • #32
      Jon What are you looking to improve for the Ny Pro?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by crzybreaks View Post
        sup big bro! im in pretty good shape now but i am starting my prep on jan 28th which is 16 weeks out. i have to make sure im looking right to step on stage with you and the rest of the monsters!!
        Good plan bro you ,me and the other youngsters need to retire these old men still competing HA HA .What are you holding at currently weight wise?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by eastcoast_beast View Post
          Good plan bro you ,me and the other youngsters need to retire these old men still competing HA HA .What are you holding at currently weight wise?
          ha i know! i am excited for our futures in this sport, its going to be a lot of fun in the coming years! right now im in the low 260's.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by eastcoast_beast View Post
            Good plan bro you ,me and the other youngsters need to retire these old men still competing HA HA .What are you holding at currently weight wise?
            We are definitely seeing the very final years of guys like Dexter, Jay, Victor, Kai, and Branch - the new crop like you guys are going to be the ones pushing Heath in the coming years.
            Muscular Development Online Editor
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
              We are definitely seeing the very final years of guys like Dexter, Jay, Victor, Kai, and Branch - the new crop like you guys are going to be the ones pushing Heath in the coming years.
              def looking forward to it!

              Comment


              • #37
                hey john how is your nutrition these days? macros? and maybe a day of eating?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Hey Jon congrats on being one of the New Pros, great vid with Phil heath also. I'm 19 years old right now and since its the holiday season i work close to 40 hours a week. The last three days starting sunday i have worked over 10 hours day each day and if it continues for Friday, and Saturday I will hit 50 hours or close by the end. I look up to you man since before you're one of the bodybuilders who actually does work a full-time job and everything. My question is how do you keep yourself going at times when you know you want to work out, but you're spent from work. Also any tips on food packaging i have the smartshake and fit as many possible scoops of protein as I can in the compartments. And there is only so many times you can possibly eat during a 10 hour shift or whatever. (P.S. I work in a toys r us so the holiday season is crazy.)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Thank you very much for the answer. Very helpful.

                    Now iīm with a big problem, and it seems that it doesnīt want to go away. I had a sudden drop of power and energy from friday to monday. Friday i had a really good workout, rested for the weekend, and monday it seemed like someone had drained my all life. A month has past and iīm pretty much the same. I canīt do two daily workouts. For example i did monday shoulders, traps and triīs. The shoulder and traps were a good workout, and when passed to triīs, hey! Where the power went to? lol
                    I eat about 30/40gr of protein, 60gr or more of carbs, fats, vitamins, all the stuff needed. I sleep 8/10 hours and since i finished a professional formation, iīm now looking for a job, so i have plenty of time to rest. In two weeks i even worked only one day on each, and no results, pretty much the same. I donīt know what more to do, itīs depressing. I would like to ask you if you ever felt this way, and if so, what did you do to solve the problem.

                    Sorry for the long text and thank you for the attention. Wish you a good week Mr Delarosa.

                    Salutes from Portugal
                    Last edited by Cobretti; December 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hey Jon, Lookin forward to seeing you at the New York Pro

                      I have to ask you, do you do any direct forearm work or do your forearms come indirect work?
                      Those who persist prevail

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                        We are definitely seeing the very final years of guys like Dexter, Jay, Victor, Kai, and Branch - the new crop like you guys are going to be the ones pushing Heath in the coming years.
                        I feel like Kai may be around for awhile. If is in his mid thirties I could see him competing another 10 years. As long as his health allows him to

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          HEY JOHN HOW IS YOUR NUTRITION LIKE THESE DAYS TRYING TO PUT SOME MASS ON? MEALS? THNKS!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Welcome Jon! I see great potential in you! Good preparation for the new york pro!kick some ass there, good luck!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by IFBBOUND View Post
                              Hey Jon congrats on being one of the New Pros, great vid with Phil heath also. I'm 19 years old right now and since its the holiday season i work close to 40 hours a week. The last three days starting sunday i have worked over 10 hours day each day and if it continues for Friday, and Saturday I will hit 50 hours or close by the end. I look up to you man since before you're one of the bodybuilders who actually does work a full-time job and everything. My question is how do you keep yourself going at times when you know you want to work out, but you're spent from work. Also any tips on food packaging i have the smartshake and fit as many possible scoops of protein as I can in the compartments. And there is only so many times you can possibly eat during a 10 hour shift or whatever. (P.S. I work in a toys r us so the holiday season is crazy.)
                              hey buddy, first off i would say that im happy to hear that your priorities are in order. Being a bodybuilder is a very expensive hobby that most people do not make money from so keeping a job and staying in touch with reality is very important. As a bodybuilder who does work a full time job i stay motivated by staying focused on what truly makes me happy. i love the gym and working out. it is my time for me to relieve stress, break personal records, push myself to be the best i can be for me and no one else. i like to think about my competition and how they are working just as hard if not harder which pushes me to never miss a workout or meal. as for my meals, i make sure i have food prepared to go with me where ever i need to go. be it work, grocery shopping, run errands etc. it is very important to have your meals ready to go so you can get the right foods in while on the go. if you dont have 10 minutes to eat, i usually carry a shaker bottle with some protein and water in my bag. when im ready to eat, its down the hatch! hope this helps and enjoy the holidays!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Cobretti View Post
                                Thank you very much for the answer. Very helpful.

                                Now iīm with a big problem, and it seems that it doesnīt want to go away. I had a sudden drop of power and energy from friday to monday. Friday i had a really good workout, rested for the weekend, and monday it seemed like someone had drained my all life. A month has past and iīm pretty much the same. I canīt do two daily workouts. For example i did monday shoulders, traps and triīs. The shoulder and traps were a good workout, and when passed to triīs, hey! Where the power went to? lol
                                I eat about 30/40gr of protein, 60gr or more of carbs, fats, vitamins, all the stuff needed. I sleep 8/10 hours and since i finished a professional formation, iīm now looking for a job, so i have plenty of time to rest. In two weeks i even worked only one day on each, and no results, pretty much the same. I donīt know what more to do, itīs depressing. I would like to ask you if you ever felt this way, and if so, what did you do to solve the problem.

                                Sorry for the long text and thank you for the attention. Wish you a good week Mr Delarosa.

                                Salutes from Portugal
                                hey there, it sounds like you may not be eating enough! try and get some more food down and see how you are recovering then and get back to me!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X