No announcement yet.

Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey John, just wanted to get advice regarding quad sweep. What are your suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by afresk View Post
      Round this time of year you just gotta chill and have a good happy time. Ik during the holidays (this week) i dont count calories that takes time away from my family and potential stress considering calories from homemade cookies must add up rapidly lol. Good to see you have your priorities straight Jon keep it up!
      thanks buddy! family is always first on my list!

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
        Your very blessed to have such a great Dad Jon,when is you MD column coming to print?
        hey dan, i am truly blessed to have the family that i have! i believe that the column should be starting from the jan issue.

Comment

Originally posted by buschman400 View Post
          Hey John, just wanted to get advice regarding quad sweep. What are your suggestions?
          i love hitting the hack squat and getting my feet a little closer than shoulder width. try it and let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by crzybreaks View Post
            i love hitting the hack squat and getting my feet a little closer than shoulder width. try it and let me know what you think.
            Thanks Bro I really Appreciated it

Comment

Hey Jon, congrats on joining Team MD! Cool to see the blue collar bodybuilder get some props lol
              I just seen the 2nd part of your arms video and u said u like to keep ur rep range around 12 in the off-season. What is ur rep range pre-contest then and have u tried the opposite, i.e. less reps off-season/more reps pre-contest? Reason I ask is because it doesn't seem like the norm, but obviously its working for u. Thanks and congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by A-Trizzle View Post
                Hey Jon, congrats on joining Team MD! Cool to see the blue collar bodybuilder get some props lol
                I just seen the 2nd part of your arms video and u said u like to keep ur rep range around 12 in the off-season. What is ur rep range pre-contest then and have u tried the opposite, i.e. less reps off-season/more reps pre-contest? Reason I ask is because it doesn't seem like the norm, but obviously its working for u. Thanks and congrats again!
                hey buddy, your right. when im in full blown off season i like to keep my rep range between 8-10 but because i am closer to my prep being a few weeks away i am giving my body a bit of a break. shortly after i start my prep i will bring my rep range back to 8-12 and towards the end i will bring it back to the 12-15. i like to do it this way because it keeps everything guessing and keeps me GROWING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crzybreaks View Post
                  hey buddy, your right. when im in full blown off season i like to keep my rep range between 8-10 but because i am closer to my prep being a few weeks away i am giving my body a bit of a break. shortly after i start my prep i will bring my rep range back to 8-12 and towards the end i will bring it back to the 12-15. i like to do it this way because it keeps everything guessing and keeps me GROWING!!!
                  That is a awesome approach and smart way to avoid injury as well. Will take note to this no doubt!

Comment

I watched you come up the ranks and noticed how much you improve each year!

how tall are you?

How did you manage to get all that water in while working, didnt you have to pee every sec? lol

Comment

Originally posted by majestic_muscle View Post
                      I watched you come up the ranks and noticed how much you improve each year!

how tall are you?

How did you manage to get all that water in while working, didnt you have to pee every sec? lol
                      im 5'7" and i dont want to sound like a complete whack job when i say this but it sounds it anyway. your mind is your most powerful tool. i would drink my water and get my meals in because i had a goal i had to reach. nothing in this world would have stopped me from getting there!

Comment

Hey Jon what kind of a quad and hamstring routine would you recommend to an 18 year old trying to bring up his quads... in terms of exercises, sets, and reps what do you think would be a good base to start with... i know you train on instinct but was looking for a solid base as a beginner...thanks alot!

Comment

Originally posted by SuprMann View Post
                          Hey Jon what kind of a quad and hamstring routine would you recommend to an 18 year old trying to bring up his quads... in terms of exercises, sets, and reps what do you think would be a good base to start with... i know you train on instinct but was looking for a solid base as a beginner...thanks alot!
                          hey buddy, i love to train in a rep range of 10-15 for quads and hamstrings. i feel that there is so much muscle in your leg that there is no way that you would be able to maximize size with anything less. again im just going on what has worked for me. i also like to do quads and hammies together on the same day.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JillyRev View Post
                              Your More Excited than me lol!!!!!! Lots of Exclamation points too!!!!! The 2012 Ny Pro is going to be Insane And Im sure Jon will be in the top mix for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by JillyRev View Post
                                Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                                Your More Excited than me lol!!!!!! Lots of Exclamation points too!!!!! The 2012 Ny Pro is going to be Insane And Im sure Jon will be in the top mix for sure!
                                im very excited as well and cant wait to get there! its going to be a great time.

Comment

Working...
                                X