No announcement yet.

Q and A with 2012 North American Overall Champ, Dallas McCarver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason I ask about the food consumption is I found this post by someone on another site and have yet to find any info regarding your food intake as of recent. Any idea what post this guy is talking about??
    "Dude someone on facebook found the diet he posted in MD......it is an INSANE amount of food

No wonder he is growing!!!!"
    11-22-2012, 10:02 AMManimalPatB@RXMuscle

Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but ain't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight.

Comment

whats your training split like?

Comment

Originally posted by nuttinbutapeanut View Post
        The reason I ask about the food consumption is I found this post by someone on another site and have yet to find any info regarding your food intake as of recent. Any idea what post this guy is talking about??
        "Dude someone on facebook found the diet he posted in MD......it is an INSANE amount of food

No wonder he is growing!!!!"
        11-22-2012, 10:02 AMManimalPatB@RXMuscle

This guy is referring to my contest diet which was in the December issue of MD. But none the less I do eat a great amount, my off season varies by day. I have high and low calorie day depending on what or if I train that day.

An example of my Diet on say a leg day which is of course much higher calorie day would go as follows
        6 am- 12 oz 93/7 lean ground beef, 4 whole eggs, 1 cup grits (pre cooked)
        8 am- 14 oz chicken, 14oz white potato, 1 cup broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil
        10 am- 3 scoop syntha 6, 1.5 cup oats, 1/4 cup walnuts
        12 pm- 14 oz top sirloin, 14oz white pot, 1 cup asparagus, 1 tbsp oilve oil
        2 pm- train quads
        330 pm- post workout shake 100grams carbs/ 2 scoops syntha-6 isolate, 1 cup white rice
        5 pm- 14 oz chicken, 14 oz sweet pot
        7 pm- 14 oz top sirloin, 14 oz white pot, 1 cup asparagus, 1 tbsp olive oil
        9 pm- train hams and glutes
        1030 pm- same post workout shake w/ 1 cup of white rice
        1130 pm- 14 oz chicken/ 14 oz sweet pot
        sleep till 2 am
        when I wake up to pee I have 2 scoops of syntha-6

Comment

but then say on an off day it is a lot more slower digesting carbs and not near as much red meat and fats.

Comment

Originally posted by sammysosa20 View Post
            whats your training split like?
            Sure man it's usually something like this.

chest
            back
            off
            shoulders
            arms
            legs

Comment

Originally posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
              An example of my Diet on say a leg day which is of course much higher calorie day would go as follows
              6 am- 12 oz 93/7 lean ground beef, 4 whole eggs, 1 cup grits (pre cooked)
              8 am- 14 oz chicken, 14oz white potato, 1 cup broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil
              10 am- 3 scoop syntha 6, 1.5 cup oats, 1/4 cup walnuts
              12 pm- 14 oz top sirloin, 14oz white pot, 1 cup asparagus, 1 tbsp oilve oil
              2 pm- train quads
              330 pm- post workout shake 100grams carbs/ 2 scoops syntha-6 isolate, 1 cup white rice
              5 pm- 14 oz chicken, 14 oz sweet pot
              7 pm- 14 oz top sirloin, 14 oz white pot, 1 cup asparagus, 1 tbsp olive oil
              9 pm- train hams and glutes
              1030 pm- same post workout shake w/ 1 cup of white rice
              1130 pm- 14 oz chicken/ 14 oz sweet pot
              sleep till 2 am
              when I wake up to pee I have 2 scoops of syntha-6
              No wonder why you hit 300 lbs! Thats a lot of food man lol....incredible gains, and still really lean!!

No need for cheat meals with all that food haha

Comment

Originally posted by Steve56 View Post
                No wonder why you hit 300 lbs! Thats a lot of food man lol....incredible gains, and still really lean!!

No need for cheat meals with all that food haha
                No probably not but I try to make sure I get in two per week anyways just to make me happy . However last week for Thanksgiving, that's another story haha.

Comment

Hey Dallas, when did you start actually training in a gym? Also what helped you pack on so much muscle so quick at that young of age?

Comment

Originally posted by TheYoungOx View Post
                    Hey Dallas, when did you start actually training in a gym? Also what helped you pack on so much muscle so quick at that young of age?
                    I started with the basic power lift movements in highschool with football (Bench, squat, deads..), that went on in to college. However I didnt really start with lifting, eating, and living the bodybuilder life style until about two years ago. I would say just the mentality that it is so so sooooo much harder to under eat than it is to over train played a tremendous part in me putting on size so quickly. As you see my diet above is a good amount but those number go up as i feel my body begin to adjust in the off season and I begin to feel like I can handle more and more food. Also I think too many people worry abouut conditioning in the off season I mean i keep visible abs year round, but who gives a damn about a little water retention and bloat. I mean look at all the greats off season pics Jay, Ronnie, Dorian...

Comment

That would be a retarded grocery bill and retarded amount of time to prepare all that shit. Fuck that.
                      A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

What supplements do you use to keep your blood test in check?
                        Instagram: jtswole

Comment

point a... dallas u look great and your diet is on point. keep it up

point b...if you "cant believe" this or are blown away . or if it turned your world upside down. get a new sport, because your future in bodybuilding is going to be rough if you have any aspirations of being top level . he didnt re-invent the wheel. hes doing what thousands before him did. ate their ass off with quality food to blow up . and training his ass off.

once again...keep it up dallas

Comment

DM, i've read your 6ft. What did you weigh in at for North Americans?
                            Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Comment

Originally posted by JJT0407 View Post
                              What supplements do you use to keep your blood test in check?
                              Honestly man nothing crazy just the usual multi-vitamin, liver, kidney, and prostate supports and thats really it bro.

Comment

Originally posted by zed View Post
                                point a... dallas u look great and your diet is on point. keep it up

point b...if you "cant believe" this or are blown away . or if it turned your world upside down. get a new sport, because your future in bodybuilding is going to be rough if you have any aspirations of being top level . he didnt re-invent the wheel. hes doing what thousands before him did. ate their ass off with quality food to blow up . and training his ass off.

once again...keep it up dallas
                                Thanks Bro.

Comment

Working...
                                X