No announcement yet.

Q & A with Aaron Clark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some professionals try to keep slim for guest posings and such in the offseason... Do you stay fairly lean in the offseason, or do you balloon up a little?
    Instagram: Deak007

Comment

Originally posted by giefcalves View Post
      Hey aaron!

What do you think about benchpressing?

Do you rather start with something like incline dumbells instead of the flat bench?

For buildling mass
      I don't have anything against flat benching, but at the same time I feel that dumbells always offer a more natural plane of movement. I don't do much flat benching anymore, but used to... I focus on inclines and dumbells.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajthemeso View Post
        what meat and carbs do you eat when your prepping for a show?
        Meats- extra lean ground beef, extra lean ground turkey, talapia, chicken breast, and eggs/egg whites

Carbs- sweet potato, white rice, brown rice, and Ezekiel bread.

Comment

Originally posted by deak007 View Post
          I know some professionals try to keep slim for guest posings and such in the offseason... Do you stay fairly lean in the offseason, or do you balloon up a little?
          I may ballon up a little, but not much compared to most guys I see. It just happens when you eat in caloric excess in order to gain weight/muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Clark View Post
            Meats- extra lean ground beef, extra lean ground turkey, talapia, chicken breast, and eggs/egg whites

Carbs- sweet potato, white rice, brown rice, and Ezekiel bread.

How about oats?

Comment

Originally posted by SideShowDoc View Post
              How about oats?
              Sometimes yes... Also sometimes grits in the morning. The ones I listed though are my main sources

Comment

Hey Aaron youve got some freaky delts and traps i was wondering what you do for your trap and delt workouts?

Comment

whats a typical arm workout for you?

Comment

Welcome to the board bro. Looking toward to see you grow in the MD family.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMbennett23 View Post
                      Hey Aaron youve got some freaky delts and traps i was wondering what you do for your trap and delt workouts?
                      Thank you! Sure! Below is a sample shoulder routine that I do frequently.

-Dumbells shrugs-4 sets of 10-25 reps (traps are not part of your shoulders, but in have always done it this way. I like to start with them to fill everything with blood)
                      -wide-grip upright rows 2 sets of 15 reps (another movement to get my shoulders warmed up and pumped)
                      -Hammer Strength shoulder press 3 sets of 8-10 reps
                      -dumbells shoulder press 2 sets of 8-12 reps
                      -2-arm dumbell front raises for 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps
                      -dumbell side laterals 3-4 sets of 10
                      -cable side lateral raise 3 sets of 10
                      - bent over rear lateral raise 3 sets of 10
                      -reverse pec deck 3 sets of 10
                      - sometimes I end this workout with a couple sets of incline barbell presses.

Comment

Originally posted by sammysosa20 View Post
                        whats a typical arm workout for you?
                        A typical arm workout for me is about 8-10 exercises total, half for tris and half for bis. 3 working sets per exercise. Below is an example:

tri's-
                        Cable press downs
                        dumbell skull crushers
                        overhead Dumbell ext
                        reverse cable press down

bi's-
                        seated dumbell curls
                        21's
                        concentration curls
                        hammer curls

Comment

Precontest

Hey Aaron, followed you since the bodyspace 08? nationals days! weird to see you as a pro now! what sort of number carbs do you generally run up to a comp, do you feel its necessary to feel really tired and worn out to get in shape?
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/RawIronT...?feature=watch

Comment

yu ever go as high as 2 grams/lb with protein in the offseason, or do you just increase carbs and fats past a certain point?

Comment

Originally posted by walker445 View Post
                              Hey Aaron, followed you since the bodyspace 08? nationals days! weird to see you as a pro now! what sort of number carbs do you generally run up to a comp, do you feel its necessary to feel really tired and worn out to get in shape?
                              Haha, is it weird? Well for the NY Pro I was eating about 400 carbs/day up to the show. I think the amount of carbs you need to consume is very dependent on how much you are training, how much cardio you're doing, and of course your genetic metabolism. Personally I don't do much loading/depleting with my carbs, but I do usually end up eating more during the last few days before the show in order to stay full. I try to keep things simple...

Comment

Originally posted by SideShowDoc View Post
                                yu ever go as high as 2 grams/lb with protein in the offseason, or do you just increase carbs and fats past a certain point?
                                I have attempted to go that high, but I usually can't get all that food down. I struggle with my appetite offseason... Often it's easier for me to diet down than to bulk up.

Comment

Working...
                                X