No announcement yet.

Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers man Its cool that your so active and always give out good useful advice . can't wait to see you hit the stage again can't wait to find out what show you pick next !!

Comment

• hey Justin im due to start cutting for my first comp next week im starting at 18 weeks out and im trying to do the hole thing myself as for me its more of a challenge and tbh its like i learning curve is there any tips you could give me ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Connornors View Post
        hey Justin im due to start cutting for my first comp next week im starting at 18 weeks out and im trying to do the hole thing myself as for me its more of a challenge and tbh its like i learning curve is there any tips you could give me ?
        Journal everything. Write it all down. Take pictures. That way you can look back and see what worked and what didn't work. Log workouts, log cardio, log EVERY SINGLE THING YOU EAT if you don't do anything else

Comment

• cheers man i actually bought a journal after watching your video series i intend on taking photos weekly after my cardio to i would love to have a look into one of your journals one day and follow the training programme you did towards the arnold hopefully you get the time to get it up for sale soon !!

Comment

• hey justin another question for you !
            as i said earlier im due to start contest prep at 18 weeks out next week do you think this is to long for a prep or is it good as its my first comp ideally i would like to be ready early
            and i would like to bring the sort of condition you do ?
            another question is typically how far into your prep diet do you start to add in higher carb days i assume you dont need them till your typically 5-8 weeks in ?
            also if your going to refeed do you drop the fats and protein down or keep everything the same and just increase the carbs ??

Comment

• Justin What do you think about Arnold's recent criticism on the judging of the IFBB posted on youtube or more so the head judge Steve Weinberger. Hes the Head Judge for the Majority of the NPC and IFBB who ultimately allows or does not allow individuals to win shows or turn pro which I can see to be very Biased. Arnold also talks about how bodybuilding is about symmetry and not about how big or massive you are as he made an inference to Cedric Mcmillan who should have placed higher. If Arnold who is like the epitome of Bodybuilding and is never really seen criticising bodybuilding to the public, do you think the IFBB going towards a negative direction?

Comment

hey justin another question for you !
                as i said earlier im due to start contest prep at 18 weeks out next week do you think this is to long for a prep or is it good as its my first comp ideally i would like to be ready early
                and i would like to bring the sort of condition you do ?
                another question is typically how far into your prep diet do you start to add in higher carb days i assume you dont need them till your typically 5-8 weeks in ?
                also if your going to refeed do you drop the fats and protein down or keep everything the same and just increase the carbs ??
                I don't think 18 weeks is too long give yourself enough time so you don't overdiet.

I add in high carb days as needed. Sometimes I'll go 3 weeks on moderate carb sometimes I can't go 3 days before flattening its all variant.

I typically run low low fats all prep anyway so I don't have to change that and my protein stays 400g regardless so when I push the carbs my direct protein will decrease in OZ or GRAMS but the total protein will not rop

Comment

• Originally posted by yisuk View Post
                  Justin What do you think about Arnold's recent criticism on the judging of the IFBB posted on youtube or more so the head judge Steve Weinberger. Hes the Head Judge for the Majority of the NPC and IFBB who ultimately allows or does not allow individuals to win shows or turn pro which I can see to be very Biased. Arnold also talks about how bodybuilding is about symmetry and not about how big or massive you are as he made an inference to Cedric Mcmillan who should have placed higher. If Arnold who is like the epitome of Bodybuilding and is never really seen criticising bodybuilding to the public, do you think the IFBB going towards a negative direction?
                  Honestly I have not watched the videos but from your statement I know what your asking me. Would I agree with Arnold that bodybuilding is about symmetry? YES however its also about muscularity, conditioning and presentation. I have never judged so I can only imagine how difficult it is to pick apart the worlds top guys at these shows, but you can't go up to the table with the mentality of "ok we are going for the most symmetrical guy there with 80% of our decision based on that". If you split the criteria I listed with 25% emphasis on each, cedric would not be the champ. But I will come straight out and say Cedric DOES have THE best symmetry and lines in the sport imo. Hes a great poser as well. IMO Cedric hasn't hit his groove 100% on the final few weeks because he looks insane 1-3 weeks out but appears to flatten out and lose alittle too much fullness in that time and his conditioining isn't 100%. Now if cedric brings those two factors together, I'll just retire my posing trunks and phil better watch himself, everyone else, no contest lol.

What I'm trying to say is, if I were sitting on the judging panel I couldn't justify saying "man his lines and symmetry is so good, but wow these other guys are so much bigger thicker and more conditioning" and not actually award the other guys on that.

All my rambling aside, I think if the top 5 was rearranged in any other, I don't think it would have been a bad call, I was throughout impressed with the line up! I even had a hard time calling the top 5 I wanted to add a few more guys in the line up lol

Comment

• hey justin just curious if youve picked another show or your going to take another long off season ?

Comment

• Justin, did you do the burger and fries again before the last contest like the Arnold? See my previous post on that. I was scratching my head on that one a bit to be honest.
                      Cyberpump! - The Home of High Intensity Training (HIT) - http://www.cyberpump.com

Comment

hey justin just curious if youve picked another show or your going to take another long off season ?
                        I will making a new video this week with my future plans!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyberpump View Post
                          Justin, did you do the burger and fries again before the last contest like the Arnold? See my previous post on that. I was scratching my head on that one a bit to be honest.
                          No, but I would have. I didn't have a car or really know my way around in Aussie so I went with what I had available which was my clean foods, along with a custom pre stage concotation that I came up with on the fly

Comment

• Justin, I know; You don't do cardio in off-season becouse it can be hard to eat 1500g+ carbs a day But what about people who don't need a lot of food like You? Are you against do cardio in off-season? I like do eat 20-30mins in the morning or after workout. I feel greater, always stay with good apetite, i think it can boost my traning intensity becouse CV reasons and i can eat more food ( but i don't need 1000g+ carbs of course so it's not hard to eat even 500-600g carbs ) etc. Do you think cardio can be counterproductive when You want to add muscle mass ( i mean lean muscles, not muscles + fat + water retention )?

Comment

• Originally posted by lachu543 View Post
                              Justin, I know; You don't do cardio in off-season becouse it can be hard to eat 1500g+ carbs a day But what about people who don't need a lot of food like You? Are you against do cardio in off-season? I like do eat 20-30mins in the morning or after workout. I feel greater, always stay with good apetite, i think it can boost my traning intensity becouse CV reasons and i can eat more food ( but i don't need 1000g+ carbs of course so it's not hard to eat even 500-600g carbs ) etc. Do you think cardio can be counterproductive when You want to add muscle mass ( i mean lean muscles, not muscles + fat + water retention )?
                              I do not think cardio is counterproductive at all. I typically have several training phases throughout a year. Here is a breakdown. Right now I am post show. 7 days a week training. I'm actually doing 2 a days. I will back that off this upcoming weekend. From there I will be moving into 5 days per week 1 a day training. I will most likely do 2 days a week HIIT cardio during that time. By backing my training down and taking away a SMALL bit of a volume it will slow down the metabolism some so the little cardio won't hurt. Then when my body finally tells me(i usually hit this mark about 4-6 weeks after a show although last year I was able to push myself 10-12 weeks) before joints kinda start aching and CNS felt run down. When I start to notice this I realize the time has come and I need a break. I back off to 3 crazy training days along with one ancillary day(abs calves usually, maybe forearms if I'm bored lol) and I will utliize the other days to rest. In the past I would compensate and bring the calories down and keep the cardio out but I think due to reasons you previous mentioned with CV and endurance and keeping things moving the best I will do 3-4 HIIT(15 min- maybe 20) in the offseason. at the moment my metabolic rate is so high it would be counterproductive but to most individuals I would recommend tossing in some cardio in offseason. Just plan and adjust accordingly

Comment

• Justin, alot of us have day dreamed about being in the position you are today...mid 20's a top level IFBB pro..etc. Then we give up that dream once we realize its not in the cards for us and we forever are fans. With that in mind opinions differ on what makes one person succeed over the 1000 before them. Some say hard work, or its a gift or they plan better, or you have to be selfish.. I personally believe its a combination of those. SO let me ask you who is part of the new wave of top bodybuilders we all will admire the next 10-15 years..

What is the defining factor that you and the other top athletes in this sport or any sport for that matter have that keeps then on that level? I know you are friends with Brandon Lilly ( I'm a huge fan of his as well) and he talks about hard work and has more then proven that in recent years.

Honestly what is the one thing that you couldn't overcome if you personally didn't have that would keep you from being where you are?

Comment

Working...
                                X