No announcement yet.

Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Beti ona;3876165]Justin, let me post some photos of you of a couple years ago.

[/QUOTE

FB Stalk much? lol I'm not sure you made this post

Comment

• Originally posted by kSwoLL View Post

This your ex? the one who's pots and pans you were using ^^^ (at her APT) in your early food prep video's. BTW...anymore coming soon?

You can tell she work's out from the vascularity in her hands and wrist area...
      Whats it to you?

I may or may not do food prep video, I personally don't find it interesting, kind of like your posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by justincompton View Post
        FB Stalk much? lol I'm not sure you made this post
        I found pictures here: http://laperfectionfaitehomme.blogsp...g-post_15.html
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

• Originally posted by justincompton View Post
          Overhead extensions but be careful on the deep stretch and it pulls very hard on both ends of the tendons so I'd stop before overstretching it so you dont end up with elbow pain. Good movement if done right bad if done incorrectly.
          Thanks alot for taking the time to respond. One last question, how would you overcome extreme spasms and cramping. Im very susceptible to cramping so the last few days before a contest and flexing on stage becomes a nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozza View Post
            Thanks alot for taking the time to respond. One last question, how would you overcome extreme spasms and cramping. Im very susceptible to cramping so the last few days before a contest and flexing on stage becomes a nightmare.
            It can be normal to cramp alittle maybe the night before a show as you start drying out. Keyword alittle. If your cramping severely you might have taken things a bit too far and getting risky. Always remember, your heart in a muscle and it needs water the same as everything else. Now, as for regular cramping, IMO you need to get simply lab work done to find a definate answer but I would certainly just drink more fluid as thats most peoples problem. DO NOT start adding in a bunch of potassium tabs. about 3-4 years ago is when I really started to grow into my frame. More muscle = more hydration. I kind of had symptoms like you described and of course everyone said go take potassium and magnesium. I got my labs drawn. Turns out my potassium was pretty high and my water intake was way too low(keep in mind I was 250lb-ish and probably drank like 1 gallon a day, no where near enough) so I turned it up to 1.5-2gallons a day and redone labs 2 weeks later...cramping gone, all electrolytes back in place and problem solved and has been since. If you have insurance it won't cost you much and your doctor will be glad to do it, and you will know exactly what the problem is. Also as a bodybuilder, while your there have them run the full metabolic panel as well to just a general idea of your overall health(you might as well since they are taking blood anyway)

Comment

• Justin,

I have a question about carb cycling.... When cycling carbs what method would you use? I currently 6.5 weeks out and have currently 200 carbs everyday (started around 280). In general, that would be 1400 carbs a week so... If I were to cycle them would I set it up to where I'm still consuming the same amount per week? So say I do sun-tues 100g, then 450 on Wed for back day, thurs-fri 100g, then 450 on Sat for legs so still 1400 a week. Is that how you would do it or is there a better way. Sorry for my ignorance on this subject but I've never cycled carbs before and would just like your opinion. Obviously I'm not taking anywhere near the amount you do lol. Not even in off-season I would get very puffy

Comment

• Justin, you're making changes to improve your muscles? What you think are your areas for improvement? Hamstring, back and upper chest? You are any new exercise or different technique?

Comment

• Justin, are u skipping 2015 mr O?

Comment

• Hey Justin, i have a question about quads training.

I train at home, and do squats, front squats and zercher squat, but i feel much work in glutes-hamstring and i need an exercise to isolate the quadriceps. I have the machine extensions but my knee hurts.

Then I thought about making steps up, but i dont know how far i have to put support for working the quadriceps. As i will work more quads, with a short or a long distance?

Thanks!

Comment

• Hey Justin, a question: during your pre-competition diet, when eat mainly you your CARB? Do you have a percentage of your meal of carbohydrates on a day?
                      Thanks you very much in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmuscle1234 View Post
                        Justin,

I have a question about carb cycling.... When cycling carbs what method would you use? I currently 6.5 weeks out and have currently 200 carbs everyday (started around 280). In general, that would be 1400 carbs a week so... If I were to cycle them would I set it up to where I'm still consuming the same amount per week? So say I do sun-tues 100g, then 450 on Wed for back day, thurs-fri 100g, then 450 on Sat for legs so still 1400 a week. Is that how you would do it or is there a better way. Sorry for my ignorance on this subject but I've never cycled carbs before and would just like your opinion. Obviously I'm not taking anywhere near the amount you do lol. Not even in off-season I would get very puffy
                        I don't use any method of calculation to determine the number or carbs. I simply gotta play it by ear. My body was much more sensative this year I wasn't able to quite hold the same amount I have in the previous year. I even got as low as 200-250g daily at one point in prep...thought I was near death lol. But I had to do what I had to do. My carb up might have been every 3 days or every 4 and I might have went to 500-800g depending on how I was feeling in terms of flatness/conditioning. Just a kinda of learning my body over the past 4-5 years of competing

Comment

• Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                          Justin, you're making changes to improve your muscles? What you think are your areas for improvement? Hamstring, back and upper chest? You are any new exercise or different technique?
                          the 3 you listed at the primary areas I am working on. I've incorporated some new angles and techniques to try to stimulate the fibers more. I orginally wasn't logging any workouts other than to look back upon for myself but I may put together an ebook this summer available online. I detail each workout. I guess I am just OCD about that kind of stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramses View Post
                            Justin, are u skipping 2015 mr O?
                            yea i've stated in this in recent videos

Comment

• Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                              Hey Justin, i have a question about quads training.

I train at home, and do squats, front squats and zercher squat, but i feel much work in glutes-hamstring and i need an exercise to isolate the quadriceps. I have the machine extensions but my knee hurts.

Then I thought about making steps up, but i dont know how far i have to put support for working the quadriceps. As i will work more quads, with a short or a long distance?

Thanks!

Since you didn't like the tom platz idea because of the knees I have another suggestion that I would recommend. Use this on a hack squat or leg press, not barbell squats IMO,but put a heavy band on the machine. This will allow will tension at the bottom of the movement where the muscle is weakest and alot more resistance at the top where the muscle is in its fully contracted state. I like to incorporate this alot. Easier on the back too

Comment

• Originally posted by Mig View Post
                                Hey Justin, a question: during your pre-competition diet, when eat mainly you your CARB? Do you have a percentage of your meal of carbohydrates on a day?
                                Thanks you very much in advance
                                I dont' do anything on a percentage scale. I keep my protein 400-420 year round, and adjust carbs and fats accordingly

Comment

Working...
                                X