Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q & A with Team MD's Cody Montgomery!

If you have a question for the 2x Teen Nationals champ - Leave it HERE

Thanks for starting the thread Nate! Happy to be a part of Team MD....ask aways guys!!

Comment

Whats your diet, training split like in the off-season and contest prep.

Comment

Originally posted by v117 View Post
        Whats your diet, training split like in the off-season and contest prep.
        My diet doesn't change greatly between off season and pre contest, just a lot more of pretty much the same foods. But in the offseason I tend to use denser foods such as pasta, some breads, greek yogurt and more red meat. I also usually eat more white fish pre contest and stay away from it for the most part in the offseason.

As far as training, my split in the offseason may incorporate more rest days compared to pre contest. I tend to do a 6-1 or 3-1 split in the offseason and a 6-1 or even a 7 day a week training split during pre contest depending on how I look and feel.

Comment

What are the amount of carbs you consume during you pre contest diet a day, and how much cardio do you do ?

Comment

Cody is part of the Young Guns section in MD now, so you can also post your questions if you want to see them in the magazine.
            Muscular Development Online Editor
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by charles david View Post
              What are the amount of carbs you consume during you pre contest diet a day, and how much cardio do you do ?
              Both vary greatly depending on how I look as well as how far out I am from the show...Usually I'm around 1 to 1.5 hours cardio a day in the past. Carbs can be anywhere from 50-75 g all the way up to 400 g on some days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                Cody is part of the Young Guns section in MD now, so you can also post your questions if you want to see them in the magazine.
                Proud to be ! Ask away guys.. thanks Ron

Comment

As a young guy looking to fill your frame, do you have a plan on how to keep your gut distention minimal?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by stupidity View Post
                    As a young guy looking to fill your frame, do you have a plan on how to keep your gut distention minimal?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
                    Safe to say going from a stage weight of 198 this year to 250 next year would give him a big old gut - and I am sure neither he nor Hany would let that happen.
                    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                      Safe to say going from a stage weight of 198 this year to 250 next year would give him a big old gut - and I am sure neither he nor Hany would let that happen.
                      Ron is right here...

As Hany has said to me and many others many times its a marathon and not a sprint.

Comment

I have seen plenty of the 'sprinter' types burn out and fade away long before they ever accomplished much in the sport.

Comment

Yes very true..

Comment

What will you recommend for building a back thickness, I am struggling to get the thickness I want, I mean I am gettig wider just not thicker...
                            thx

Comment

Originally posted by Hanksun View Post
                              What will you recommend for building a back thickness, I am struggling to get the thickness I want, I mean I am gettig wider just not thicker...
                              thx
                              Make sure you're really squeezing and try doing some negatives. More rows and lots of deadlifts/rack reads...this should help you thicken it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X