No announcement yet.

Q & A with Team MD's Cody Montgomery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to give everyone an update, I'm into my 2nd week of prep...lost a couple pounds the first week. Excited for the time to come, time to get after it!!! 18 weeks out

Comment

go kill them champ!

Comment

Originally posted by justincompton View Post
        go kill them champ!
        Thank you brother...get these last few weeks!!

Comment

Hi Cody, Hope your preps going well and on point?

Just a quick question to do with water pre show? Do you follow the way of increasing water at the start of peak week then gradually reducing it over the final couple of days?

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robw88 View Post
            Hi Cody, Hope your preps going well and on point?

Just a quick question to do with water pre show? Do you follow the way of increasing water at the start of peak week then gradually reducing it over the final couple of days?

Thanks,

Rob
            Prep is going great so far...and for the water question, it really just depends but yes I've done it that way. But what works for one person might not work for another. Hope this answers your question!

Comment

hey cody can you give us a days meal plan at this stege? are u doing any cardio yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bill2 View Post
                hey cody can you give us a days meal plan at this stege? are u doing any cardio yet?
                Yes, I would say I'm about 7 weeks ahead of schedule...last years prep was very stressful & ran out of time, thus coming in at about 80% of how I could've been. Not a bunch of cardio right now but doing stairs 30 min 6 x a week...my diet isn't that crazy right now. Basics, eating around 3k calories...not many of those calories coming from fats, which is what my body responds best to. Im still sitting around 230 right now...which is probably 10 pounds up from where I was last year with this condition(7 or 8 weeks out last year)

Comment

Hi Cody, I have an idea for an MD feature and would love to have your input: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ld-you-read-it
                  The basic idea is a monthly feature having Ron Harris train with a different pro/top competitor and writing it up, a new twist on the training article. It'd be great to hear what a top competitor like yourself thinks of that idea, both on whether it would be popular and if that's something that you as a competitor would be interested in doing.
                  I min/max my physique

Comment

Hi Cody, what is your offseason workout legs? Do you exercise in the program? Or you making this up training alone? THX

Comment

Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                      Hi Cody, I have an idea for an MD feature and would love to have your input: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ld-you-read-it
                      The basic idea is a monthly feature having Ron Harris train with a different pro/top competitor and writing it up, a new twist on the training article. It'd be great to hear what a top competitor like yourself thinks of that idea, both on whether it would be popular and if that's something that you as a competitor would be interested in doing.
                      Of course, this is completely up to Team MD and Ron...but yes i think it would be very popular, i think having him talk about his experience training with _____ would be beneficial and interesting to hear. This would give viewers a one on one view of someones training compared to anthers that he recently trained with.

Comment

Originally posted by tomas_exner View Post
                        Hi Cody, what is your offseason workout legs? Do you exercise in the program? Or you making this up training alone? THX
                        Hey man...no I am not making up most of my training, although from time to time I love to do my own training programs and my own workouts at down times from my mountain dog training. A typical leg workout this offseason(Keep in mind just about every weeks different on the mountain dog training system)...it would look something like:

Lying leg curls 5x10
                        Leg press Work to an extremely tough 20 reps
                        Barbell squats with chains 4x8-10
                        Leg extension 3x15 w/ 1 sec contraction hold
                        Walking lunge 3 back & forths
                        Straight leg barbell deadlift 3x12

This is just an idea, as I said earlier each week is different and some weeks look nothing like this. But this gives you some idea !

Comment

23 days out...giving it everything ive got !

hope everyone is doing well

Comment

Hi Cody, Huge fan here. Was wondering what your favorite arm routine is for a serious pump? Thanks Bro and good luck in future competitions! Thom

Comment

Sorry, Cody is no longer with MD.
                              Muscular Development Online Editor
                              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                                Sorry, Cody is no longer with MD.
                                I hope Evan can still post here if he starts on PN forum....
                                DEDICATED FOR LIFE.

Comment

Working...
                                X