Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    * Should the Olympia stay in Vegas or be held in different cities each year?
    Most definitley this is the ONLY place to hold the Olympia. Bright Lights & Big City, doesn't get any better than this.
    * Hey brotha congrats on the new MD contract, looking forward to the weekend
    * Happy Birthday Bro! The Irish 6-Time Middle Weight Champion deserves a Big Fat Steak & Potato with a bit of Guinness as a Chaser this weekend on me son!

I DISAGREE NY IS THE BEST CITY !!! HANDS DOWN!! HAHA
    I love a hard penis in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Guns View Post
      Shawn what are your feelings on the amounts of drugs being used today as opposed to when arnold was around and what is your opinion on substances like synthol?
      THEY USED ESKILENE HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT BACK THEN , NOW THEY USE SYNTHOL !
      I love a hard penis in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by DerekAnthony View Post
        THEY USED ESKILENE HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT BACK THEN , NOW THEY USE SYNTHOL !
        yo do not tell me Arnold used that shit?

Comment

Maybe I didn't negotiate my deal properly?
          A-Rod's Agent Asked for $350 Million

By RONALD BLUM,
          AP
          Posted: 2007-11-03 10:12:17
          Filed Under: MLB
          NEW YORK (Nov. 2) - The Yankees were told by agent Scott Boras that they could not meet with Alex Rodriguez unless they presented an extension offer that guaranteed the star $350 million "as a floor."

Is anybody worth this much in Sports today?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Ray View Post
            * Why did ESPN stop covering NPC Nationals?
            They made mention something about Drugs and Testing, next thing you knew we were off the air.
            S. Ray
            Funny...
            All we heard about baseball for years was steroid talk... still, we were all able to watch the world series though!!! Guess it just made more FINANCIAL sense!!

Comment

* I DISAGREE NY IS THE BEST CITY
              Derek, I like New York but for the Olympia Vegas HANDS DOWN!
              You betta ask somebody!
              * Shawn what are your feelings on the amounts of drugs being used today as opposed to when arnold was around and what is your opinion on substances like synthol?
              Dude, it's Chemical Warfare, part of why I got out. I didn't want to go down that path but of course trying to keep up without going there is sometime a futile cause. That said, people use what they want for whatever reasons they want, I dont stand in judgement of that. Synthol is ridiculous as the guys who use it are testimony to that fact. Stevie Wonder could see it does not benefit the user and most of them regret it and have to Live/Deal with how to get it out once they've put it in and it only hurt the appearance of their physique the opposite of what it was supposed to do.
              * All we heard about baseball for years was steroid talk
              Well, this kind of Chedda sounds even more ridiculous with regard to Baseball and Steroids. Nobodyis worth that amount money, if they were I'd be pleading my case as to why I am or should be. Take a number stand in line, right behind A Rod.
              Lol
              Peace,
              S

Comment

Thanks?

Thank You for answering my question regarding the 1993 Mr.O? Just goes to show some peoples hearts never change. You definately were the best body builder of all time, Professional, disciplined, a warrior to the end, but your still selfish. Peace out.

Comment

Yeah. A Rod was out of his mind asking for that much money. Only guys who help teams win championships should get that and even then its a lot of money.

My question was regarding your statement about the amount of drugs being used in the sport and comparing it to chemical warfare. Would you still recommend the sport to athletes who have a passion for it? I have to admit that it gets tough when you have everyone telling you not to do it (family, friends, etc) but when they find out its a passion they usually get behind the cause.

Any Advice

Be Well,

Jay

Comment

* Would you still recommend the sport to athletes who have a passion for it?
                    Of course because we still have Free Will. So people who can manage Self control as I have and others in the sport have regarding their personal health excel inspite of the temptations to self destruct with drug abuse not use.
                    * Thank You for answering my question regarding the 1993 Mr.O?
                    Bosko, younever posted a Question in this thread regarding the 93 Olympia.
                    As for being Selfish, I sont know you nor do I owe you anything so you wouldn't know if I were Selfish or not but your entitle to your opinon as we all are. Do me a favor, in this industry if you do your Homework, you'll find out that EVERYONE is out for themselves which is why they got into this business. From Training, Eating, Dieting, Competing, Prize Money, Personal Training....It's all done for self gratification. Sadly, you dont know what theses Athletes, including me do with their success in ways of Paying it Forward nor do I have the time to share it with you but trust me when I say, I have Given more back than I have Taken from this sport to family, friends, training partners and then some.
                    Try not be so judgemental without facts next time, have a great weekend!
                    Peace,
                    S. Ray

Comment

• Your Right.

OK, thank You.

Comment

• HEY SHAWN its GREAT that MD sighned you you are so honest and GREAT TO THE FANS every time i see you at the ny pro or arnold you treat me LIKE GOLD I RESPECT THAT SO MUCH IT KEEPS ME COMING BACK TO THE SPORT I LOVE SO MUCH I thought this years olympia was BULLSHIT victor was the best CLEARLY what is your opinion

Comment

• * I thought this years olympia was BULLSHIT victor was the best CLEARLY what is your opinion
                          I wouldn't call it Bullshit but I had Victory winning.
                          It's good to be here with the MOB, it feels like one big happy extended family. I know what they say about family, they let you, you can never get out and that's fine by me!
                          Peace,
                          S. Ray

Comment

• Shawn:

I asked in a diff forum but Im curious your take on this because u know alot of pro's over time. At what age is it too late to become an IFBB pro e.g. if one started to lift late 20s, early 30s is it too late for them to even think of getting a pro card even if they have genetics/training/diet etc on par with people who started younger. Meaning is it that almost all pro's got serious with lifting at a very young age and even competed by their early 20s. So if your over 25 is it no chance to become a pro. I had mentioned Toney Freeman is the only person I know of who did this.
                            "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

• *if one started to lift late 20s, early 30s is it too late for them to even think of getting a pro card even if they have genetics/training/diet etc So if your over 25 is it no chance to become a pro. I had mentioned Toney Freeman is the only person I know of who did this.
                              Unlike the 90's, the Majority of the Pro's are now in their 30's before they win their Pro Cards.
                              Toney Freeman, is Far fromt he only guy who achieved their Pro Cards after age 25: Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Bill Wilmore, Troy Alves, Melvin Anthony, Ronnie Coleman, Dexter Jackson, Chris Cormier, Paul Dillett, Dorian Yates,.........need I go on?
                              If your trying to get your Pro Card and worried about your age, you might want to consider doing something else. If you get your Pro Card and dont have the intention to try and compete for a while and make some of your Investment back, then what's the Point? This is a Business for most, for those who are in it as a hobby, they will get crushed by those hungry to Cash in!
                              Good luck,
                              S. Ray

Comment

• Thank you very much for the advice Shawn. I am still in college now and the more I think about it the more I see my interest in the sport growing. In your view, what do you see the business involving in particular? Does it involve going to as many shows as possible to keep your hands on the "pulse" of bodybuilding even if you're not necessarily competing in them?

Be Well,

Jay
                                Last edited by Jay Myers; November 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X