No announcement yet.

IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evan was already kicking ass without Dave. It's scary to think how good he's going to be with Dave's help! I just cannot help but be in shock that a guy one year older than me is so close to being a pro...it's truly an inspiration.

Evan I have one question for you that comes to my mind that I wonder. Like you, I was the heavier kid growing up, not fat, just heavier. Has that really been a key to reaching your size at an early age? In addition, when you are working on improvements in the off season, do you put on fat pretty easy? In my own case, I lose fat fast, but I can put it on fairly easily too. I'm sure you like to stay in good shape so I was wondering if you had any tips to be able to increase size and continue to make improvements without adding too much fat..? Do you eat most of your carbs around your workout? Thanks so much in advance Evan. It's kind of funny that someone I look up to is only a year older than me haha. You'll have some very proud supporters here in Canada when you get that pro card bro. Don't ever let up (which I know you won't), and dude, congrads on the signing to MD.

take care,

Jamie from Canada

Comment

Jamie- I have worked with Dave Palumbo for both the Jr. NAts and the Nats. My only experience prior to that was the Atlantic States on year prior. Dave and I have not yet discussed the plan of attack for the upcoming year but I'm sure it'll be interesting. To answer your questions, I don't know that being overweight as a kid helped me reach my size goals sooner. Keep in mind I lost about seventy pounds in one year when I was in high school and ended up at around 150. I don't think that's very big for a sophomore in high school and I'll consider that my starting point. However, I do have a natural tendency to put on weight fairly easily. that goes for both fat and muscle. So yes, I do have to be very conscious of my eating habits or I do get fat. However, one thing I have noticed in recent years is that the bigger (more muscular) I get I don't seem to put on the fat as easily simply because i have more muscle and therefore a higher metabolism. It's possible that my body is naturally very insulinogenic and that allows me to put on size easily? Not sure. As for any tips I might be able to give you, I would say that if you're worried about gaining too much fat stick to a diet that is high in protein, low in carbs (I think that the best time and only really necessary time for carbs is postworkout- I use a couple bananas with my protein shake. ) But during the rest of the day I find that carbs only make me feel lethargic. In my opinion, carbs are for manipulating your insulin and gaining size. Contrary to what most people think you DO NOT need them for energy. Remember there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, only essential aminos and essentials fatty acids. If you are going to go for some carbs, I like barley, lentils, quinoa, and old fashioned oats; all low glycemic index carbs.
      www.centopani.com

Comment

Evan,

Thanks so much for that help. You described the same body responses that I have while off season. and what I meant was that you had already developed a solid physique, and with the help of the guru, Mr. Palumbo, you have taken off. No disrespect intended at all to Dave as I know he's a bodybuilding Encyclopedia haha. But thanks again for that advice on eating. I will clearly take that with me and apply it to my nutrition and see how that goes.

Comment

Welcome Evan!

This board just gets better and better

Comment

Evan whats your take on Ben White for 2007. Only one year of competeing and placed no worse than fourth. Will he be a threat in the supers or should he stay at the heavy class. Good luck in 07 get some rest bring up the wheels and will see you in the pros.

Comment

Evan Nice to meet you (nationals) you are definetly a class act best of luck to you in the future.Jay
              LIFES TO SHORT TO BE SMALL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                Evan whats your take on Ben White for 2007. Only one year of competeing and placed no worse than fourth. Will he be a threat in the supers or should he stay at the heavy class. Good luck in 07 get some rest bring up the wheels and will see you in the pros.
                I think Ben White is thick as hell and has some awesome parts. Overall I think our physiques are very different. A threat in the supers? I think he's a threat in both classes. However, I think he (this year at least) makes a better heavyweight than super heavy. I don't know his plans but a whole year could change all of that of course. But based on his past competitive history I would think he would be pretty likely to do the USAs and/or the North American and then the Nationals if neither pans out. But in short, Ben White is a threat anywhere.
                www.centopani.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaymoore View Post
                  Evan Nice to meet you (nationals) you are definetly a class act best of luck to you in the future.Jay
                  Likewise Jay. It was awesome meeting You, Dave, and Amber in Miami. You guys are the best. I can't wait to get down to Metroflex and train with you animals! P.S. Don't mess with Texas.
                  www.centopani.com

Comment

Evan, since you worked with Dave, did you use a keto like diet with 1 cheat meal a week during the last precontest?
                    Thanks.
                    www.davidegariboldi.net

Comment

Originally posted by trainhardcore View Post
                      Evan, since you worked with Dave, did you use a keto like diet with 1 cheat meal a week during the last precontest?
                      Thanks.
                      How did you know? Yup that's exactly what went down.
                      www.centopani.com

Comment

what are you doing on here shouldn't you be spending time with your family? j/k have a good holiday, and best luck in 07
                        I love E-fights

Comment

Wow, Evan you are in phenomenal shape. I look forward to hearing more from you!! Definitely a role model
                          -Strike Force
                          She blinded me with Science!!!

Comment

evan

I have worked with Dave for a couple of shows myself...Im wondering if you eat more carbs during the offseason ot grow on, or do you increase your fat and protein intake...I read Dave's article on the site (ultimate mass) and he has you eating carbs there...What is your take on the offseason eating...

thank

chris
                            SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Comment

I think you have great future in this sport. Just take your time and things will fall into place.

Comment

Originally posted by chris250 View Post
                                evan

I have worked with Dave for a couple of shows myself...Im wondering if you eat more carbs during the offseason ot grow on, or do you increase your fat and protein intake...I read Dave's article on the site (ultimate mass) and he has you eating carbs there...What is your take on the offseason eating...

thank

chris
                                In the offseason carbs are incorporated. Protein intake stays more or less the same year round as does fat intake. The main thing that does change from offseason to precontest is carb intake. I feel that carbohydrates are necessary, not so much as an energy source, but more as a means of manipulating insulin. We all know insulin is the powerhouse and effectively controlling it allows you to make whatever changes you want in your physique whether it is gaining size or losing bodyfat. Furthermore, they are simply a source of additional calories. There is only so much protein and fat you can consume/utilize, the remainder must be carbs. Again, depending on your individual needs the amount and the variety of the carbs varies. I definitely believe in the value of the glycemic index. Once again, it can be effectively applied whether you are trying to gain size or lose boyfat. Besides, everything must be cyclical and to not eat carbs all year round would, in my opinion, be foolish. To me that's like doing a lot of cardio year round. When precontest time starts, you'll only have to do that much more. If you don't eat carbs year round, what can you eliminate in your precontest diet? Nothing. You can only reduce quantity.
                                www.centopani.com

Comment

Working...
                                X