No announcement yet.

IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how was the holiday? you work out on xmas?
    I love E-fights

Comment

your love life I'd be happy to answer.
      lol
      Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdolf View Post
        how was the holiday? you work out on xmas?
        The holiday was nice. You never get to relax as much as you thing you're going too. Between going to relatives houses and stuff it's more tiring than relaxing. Definitely no training on xmas though.
        www.centopani.com

Comment

Evan I see you are 24 at what age did you honestly begin the transition from all natural to soon to be pro????

Comment

hey evan.. forst off.. congrats on the recent showings.. it was close between you and desmond.. cant wait to see the improvements next year.. what is the training like..? i hear that dave likes low volume but, was curious as to what sets per body part ya like and the reps.. also.. what is a typical carb count in the off season for ya per day.. thanks

Comment

Out of curiousity Evan, how many meals per day do you typicaly put down? How many calories do you usually aim for? Being that this is your offseason and I assume your going balls to the wall with eating and training I wanted to hear from the man himself as to how you feed the beast?
              MS - Human Sport Performance
              NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                Evan I see you are 24 at what age did you honestly begin the transition from all natural to soon to be pro????
                I don't know to tell you the truth. I did my first show in June 2005 (The Bev Francis Atlantic States) where I won the overall as a heavyweight at 225. And in all honesty, I believed in myself at that time and thought I had the potential to take my physique to the next level. But I don't know when I made an actual transition. I guess you could say that a lot happened in the past year working with Dave and nailing my nutritional habits.
                www.centopani.com

Comment

Originally posted by LATS View Post
                  hey evan.. forst off.. congrats on the recent showings.. it was close between you and desmond.. cant wait to see the improvements next year.. what is the training like..? i hear that dave likes low volume but, was curious as to what sets per body part ya like and the reps.. also.. what is a typical carb count in the off season for ya per day.. thanks
                  Thanks bro. Desmond is a serious competitor and an awesome person. I'm proud to have taken second place to him. Training is going well. Dave and I don't discuss a lot of training to tell you the truth. He'll give me pointers and he's certainly very knowledgable when it comes to training but thus far, we have dealt mainly with nutrition. Personally, I like everything when it comes to training. I like high reps, low heavy reps, super sets etc. One common thread in my trianing though is fairly high volume. I like to beat the hell of whatever I'm training. I've sometimes have to remind myself not to overtrain. I think that as a general rule of thumb, 4 exercises per bodypart x 4 sets per exercise x 6-12 reps/ set is pretty standard for me. Carb intake right now is about 150 grams / day.
                  www.centopani.com

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpanthers View Post
                    Out of curiousity Evan, how many meals per day do you typicaly put down? How many calories do you usually aim for? Being that this is your offseason and I assume your going balls to the wall with eating and training I wanted to hear from the man himself as to how you feed the beast?
                    Right now, eating is very conservative. I always consume 6 meals per day. Typically 3 whole food meals and 3 shakes. Calories I don't count. Fat intake and protein intake stays relatively the same between offseason and precontest. Carbs are the main variable. When trying to put on size my carb intake and selection will change. More glycemix carbs at key times etc. I haven't established my offseason regimine as of yet. As soon as I do, you will all be the first to hear the details.
                    www.centopani.com

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Centopani View Post
                      I don't know to tell you the truth. I did my first show in June 2005 (The Bev Francis Atlantic States) where I won the overall as a heavyweight at 225. And in all honesty, I believed in myself at that time and thought I had the potential to take my physique to the next level. But I don't know when I made an actual transition. I guess you could say that a lot happened in the past year working with Dave and nailing my nutritional habits.
                      At what age did you start weight training? What do you think attributed the most to the amount of mass you currently carry??? Was it then training /diet/ or gear. Please be honest.....

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                        At what age did you start weight training? What do you think attributed the most to the amount of mass you currently carry??? Was it then training /diet/ or gear. Please be honest.....
                        First of all, gear is NEVER the main reason for anyone's success or the progression in their development. Gear may be the main reason you see your local gym rat's arms looking swollen one day and a couple of weeks later he looks like he has never touched a weight. But for anyone who is successful in the sport of bodybuilding, the main factors that contribute to their success is genetics, diet, and hard work. There is no secret formula or magic potion. Hard work coupled with intelligent decision making is the closest your going to get to a secret formula. And that's me being honest. I believe that my genetic makeup enables me to gain a lot of weight but that can easily be fat as well. The fact that I train hard and don't do stupid things such as eat a bunch of crap from McDonalds just to gain size becaue that's what my friend's buddy's uncle told him he needs a lot of calories to grow. I make my own choices as to what I think is necessary or what I think makes sense and what will ultimately benefit me in the long run. I go to great lengths to take care of my body. What made Jay Cutler a top pro for so many years and now Mr. Olympia? You could say it's his genetics it's the supplements he takes etc. The real answer is that the man is a PRO in every sense of the word. He makes bodybuilding his job. And that means he goes to great lengths to take care of himself in every possible way to ensure that his body is in top form. What do I attribute my ability to carry mass to? Mainly genetics. But understand, mass doesn't mean anything if it isn't aesthetic. I see a lot of massive strongmen on T.V. whose physiques are not impressive because they are not aesthetic or in any way appealing. That has nothing to do with bodybuilding. What do I attribute the success that I have had thus far in the sport of bodybuilding to? Using my BRAIN and also utilizing the insight of those around me. Bodybuilding is, in my opinion more about your mind than your body. I hope this helps .
                        www.centopani.com

Comment

help with my diet?

I was wondering if you had time could u tel me what i should change about my diet.i cant stand oats and sick of eggs. i weigh 158lbs. trying to add as much muscle as possible.
                          1.weight gain shake, 4 wheatabix with semi skimmed milk, banana
                          2.one chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice
                          3.Tuna and 1/2 packet pasta
                          4.weight gain shake with either dextrose or banana
                          5.lean mince beef, pasta
                          6.peppered steak, 1/2 cup of rice
                          7. 2 peanut butter on toast with added peanuts. or prawns and salad
                          8.weight gain shake.
                          after puttin this in wrting my diet looks prety bad :-s

Comment

Thanks bro. Your support is much appreciated. Pressure? There's a little of that going on right now but nothing I can't handle. You say you're surprised I haven't changed and mentioned that I've stayed grounded. I think that's the way it has to be. I've always tried to maintain balance in my life. I think there are guys who throw everything they have into the sport and it consumes them. While I admire their dedication I do not see the value of being one dimensional. I believe that the key to success in any endeavor (long-term success that is) is to mainatin balance. Everything must also be cyclical; training eating etc. Otherwise you encounter stagnation. Having said all of this I think that the things you say can be related to the fact that when I think about who I am, bodybuilder is not the first thing that comes to mind. You have to be a human being first and foremost. I enjoy being around my family and my girlfriend, I like training, I like cooking, I like watching the f'in Discovery Channel. In my mind, traing and eating aside, I do what everyone else does or at least that is how I see it in my mind. I have made a conscious effort to not consume myself with bodybuilding because I don't see that as being beneficial. I remember hearing stories about bodybuilders missing funerals, weddings and other significant events because they didn't want to screw up training or their diet and I think that's said. I refuse to be that. I like to think that before I consider myslef a good bodybuilder, I must first be able to say I'm a good son, brother, boyfriend, friend, person, etc. And I truly believe that balance is what will lead to my success. So to get back to your post, don't worry, my mind is clear and my plan of attack is in place for that pro card. Thanks again for the post bro.
                            You just made a new fan and supporter. i'm inspired to eventually be your size. at 25, 6' and 212, i've never been the fat kid, just the skinny one. working hard from the 6', 150 lbs high school basketball player frame to the 250 lbs man i want to be. good luck, evan, in all you do.

Comment

Originally posted by kartwheel View Post
                              You just made a new fan and supporter. i'm inspired to eventually be your size. at 25, 6' and 212, i've never been the fat kid, just the skinny one. working hard from the 6', 150 lbs high school basketball player frame to the 250 lbs man i want to be. good luck, evan, in all you do.
                              Best of luck to you bro. Through consistency and determination I have no doubt you will reach your goal.
                              www.centopani.com

Comment

First of all, gear is NEVER the main reason for anyone's success or the progression in their development. Gear may be the main reason you see your local gym rat's arms looking swollen one day and a couple of weeks later he looks like he has never touched a weight. But for anyone who is successful in the sport of bodybuilding, the main factors that contribute to their success is genetics, diet, and hard work. There is no secret formula or magic potion. Hard work coupled with intelligent decision making is the closest your going to get to a secret formula. And that's me being honest. I believe that my genetic makeup enables me to gain a lot of weight but that can easily be fat as well. The fact that I train hard and don't do stupid things such as eat a bunch of crap from McDonalds just to gain size becaue that's what my friend's buddy's uncle told him he needs a lot of calories to grow. I make my own choices as to what I think is necessary or what I think makes sense and what will ultimately benefit me in the long run. I go to great lengths to take care of my body. What made Jay Cutler a top pro for so many years and now Mr. Olympia? You could say it's his genetics it's the supplements he takes etc. The real answer is that the man is a PRO in every sense of the word. He makes bodybuilding his job. And that means he goes to great lengths to take care of himself in every possible way to ensure that his body is in top form. What do I attribute my ability to carry mass to? Mainly genetics. But understand, mass doesn't mean anything if it isn't aesthetic. I see a lot of massive strongmen on T.V. whose physiques are not impressive because they are not aesthetic or in any way appealing. That has nothing to do with bodybuilding. What do I attribute the success that I have had thus far in the sport of bodybuilding to? Using my BRAIN and also utilizing the insight of those around me. Bodybuilding is, in my opinion more about your mind than your body. I hope this helps .

Thanks evan for this input....I hope to stand next to you in the future on stage....that is my goal in the year to come to lean down and show up in a shape similar to yourself.....until then keep on truckin!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X