Q&A with Dr. Victor Prisk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A with Dr. Victor Prisk!

Ask my good friend "The Doc" any questions you may have regarding orthopedic surgery, gymnastics, or anything else you can envision!

Welcome!!

Is there any technique that you used during your gimnastic years that you are still using?

Comment

Welcome Victor!
      This Q&A can become another great source of useful info...

Comment

Originally posted by betito View Post
        Is there any technique that you used during your gimnastic years that you are still using?

Thanks Dave.

Sure, gymnastics is the foundation of all my training. Having done all the events over my gymnastics career, I learned to vary my training on a daily basis to avoid sore bodyparts, joints, or injuries. I use this principle in my weight training with use of a large variety of exercises for each bodypart. My workouts are almost never the same from week to week.

Otherwise, the use of bodyweight exercises is a great growth stimulus and an excellent way to prepare for a show in the last weeks.

I like to do a workout I developed for gymnastics... I do this once or twice a month for fun. I will also use dips, pushups, handstand pushups, and chins to get a pump when supersetting with bench, military, and pulldowns on a regular basis.

The Century Club Workout:

100 reps of each of 10 exercises
        Performed with as little rest as possible
        Done as sets of 100, as a circuit 4x 25, or 2 x 50....
        Chins
        Dips
        Pushups
        Straight bar curls
        Handstand Pushups
        V-ups
        Hyper extensions
        Alternating Lunge jumps
        Squat jumps
        Single leg calf raises

I've finished this workout all the way through in a little under 45min.

Have fun

Comment

DR. Prisk ,

it hurts when i move my arm like this ........... .

what should i do ?

Comment

Doc I got into a car accident back in October(Rearended). About 3 weeks after the accident my left knee blew up with fluid. My Ortho sent me for a MRI, results came back that I tore my ACL(second time). Because I didn't complain about my knee the time of the accident, No Fault is sending me for an IME. My Doc says that it is def. from the accident, but No Fault is challenging it. My question is how long after a car accident can an injury like this rear its head???

Comment

What is your stance on below paraell for the bench press?

Comment

Hey Victor what up? remember me Superbeast friend? lol I heard you were at LA Fitness last week. Hit me up sometime to train!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjd69 View Post
                  Doc I got into a car accident back in October(Rearended). About 3 weeks after the accident my left knee blew up with fluid. My Ortho sent me for a MRI, results came back that I tore my ACL(second time). Because I didn't complain about my knee the time of the accident, No Fault is sending me for an IME. My Doc says that it is def. from the accident, but No Fault is challenging it. My question is how long after a car accident can an injury like this rear its head???

ACL injuries usually do swell at the time of injury. If you had a previous repair, the effusion can be slower to accumulate. I would think you might have noticed before 3 weeks... but torn reconstructions may act weird. It will be hard to prove either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakofweak View Post
                    Hey Victor what up? remember me Superbeast friend? lol I heard you were at LA Fitness last week. Hit me up sometime to train!

Yup... was there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Northman69 View Post
                      What is your stance on below paraell for the bench press?
                      Full range is good. ballistic movements and heavy weight or the combination thereof is bad

Comment

Originally posted by pittorthodoc View Post
                        Yup... was there tonight.
                        Monroeville??

Comment

Thanks Doc!

Comment

Originally posted by the algebra wizard View Post
                            DR. Prisk ,

it hurts when i move my arm like this ........... .

what should i do ?
                            don't move it like .............. .

and then rub some vagisil all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by pittorthodoc View Post
                              Full range is good. ballistic movements and heavy weight or the combination thereof is bad
                              Hey there Doctor Prisk!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by heavy weight being being bad?

And when you say heavy, what rep range would that be relative to a persons strength?

Comment

Working...
                              X