Q and A with the PRO CREATOR: Hany Rambod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q and A with the PRO CREATOR: Hany Rambod

MD proudly welcome the PRO CREATOR: Hany Rambod to the Q and A section: Check out Hany's exclusive interview on the TEAM MD Show:

hany-News.jpg

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c...view/1467/184/

Hany is an extremely busy guy. Before asking him a question, be sure to read his articles first.

The Pro Creator
    By Hany Rambod

FST-7— The Key To Muscle Growth

What Is FST-7?
    FST-7 is a training system I devised after years of research and a great deal of trial and error with many clients. FST stands for Fascial Stretch Training and the seven refers to the 7 sets performed for the final exercise of a target body part. I have had many clients use this system for overall growth and especially to improve stubborn body parts that were seemingly resistant to just about anything else the person had tried. FST-7 encompasses several factors both inside and outside the gym. This month, we will focus on the training aspects.

Is Fascia Limiting Your Muscle Growth?
    There are three types of fascia in the human body, but the type bodybuilders should be concerned about is deep fascia. This is dense, fibrous connective tissue that interpenetrates and surrounds the muscles, bones, nerves and blood vessels of the body. The high density of collagen fibers is what gives the deep fascia its strength and integrity. The amount of elastin fibers determines how much extensibility and resiliency it will have. In other words, some of us have fascia that is thicker and tougher than others. The most genetically blessed bodybuilders have thinner fascia, which is why their muscle bellies appear to be larger and fuller, with that round “bubbly” look that all bodybuilders covet. Ronnie Coleman and Phil Heath would be two prime examples of individuals blessed with thin fascia. Their muscles expand easier. Think of it in terms of it being easier to blow up a balloon as opposed to one of those water bottles that strongmen like Franco Columbu used. Jay Cutler and Nasser El Sonbaty are two men who clearly have thicker fascia. This didn’t prevent them from building substantial muscle mass, obviously, but neither man ever had that round “Marvel Comics” appearance to his muscles. Yet the average bodybuilder has thicker fascia than either of those two champions. In an effort to expand their fascia and allow growth to occur, some have turned to synthol and other items that are injected deep into the muscle belly. There have even been some advisors, mainly online, who make it seem as if this is the only solution and must be done. They will also try and insist that all the pros use synthol and site inject, which I can assure you is not true. Synthol and related products are foreign substances and you can never be certain how they will metabolize in the body. We are starting to see various health issues with bodybuilders which are more than likely related to site injecting. Yes, you do need to stretch the muscle fascia to experience optimal growth, but that is not the way to do it.

All Stretching Is Not The Same
    I am not the first person to recognize the importance of stretching the muscle fascia. First John Parrillo, then more recently Dante Trudel of DC Training fame, incorporate aggressive stretching during workouts as part of their training programs. They had the right idea, but stretching the fascia by elongating the muscle is not the best method. FST-7 is based on stretching the muscle from the inside out by volumizing it. This is accomplished by getting the greatest pump possible while training.

Do I Still Train Heavy Or Can I Just Pump Up With Light Weights?
    One thing I don’t want anyone misconstruing is that FST-7 is all about pumping. That’s just one component. I also believe that a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle, and you absolutely must train with heavier weights in the 8-12 rep range. I have tried many variations of heavier and lighter training with clients over the years and discovered that both types are needed. Heavy weights will build thickness and density, but they will not give you that round, full look. Similarly, getting incredible pumps all the time can impart some of that roundness, but you won’t ever get extreme muscle size without training with heavy straight sets. So you need to focus equally on maximizing both your strength and your pump in the same workouts to see optimal results. Here’s an example of a biceps workout— FST-7 style— that shows you how to incorporate both:

Alternate Dumbbell Curls 3-4 x 8-12
    Machine Preacher Curls 3 x 8-12
    EZ-Bar Curls 7 x 8-12 (rest 30-45 seconds between sets while sipping water— more on this next month)

I don’t typically like to use very high reps, because too often you will experience general fatigue and get short of breath before you have built the maximum pump in the muscle. I also don’t like the weight to be too heavy and limit the reps any lower than 8, because this is when you see form breaking down and ancillary muscles kicking in and robbing the target muscle of the proper stimulation. You can think of the “7” set as blowing up a balloon. We keep the rest periods fairly short, because as you pump up the muscle, a little blood escapes in that time. You can think of it as blowing up a balloon with a slight leak in it— even though the balloon is being inflated, some air is escaping. The key is to build on the pump sets by set, exponentially, so that it reaches its maximum state by the final set. If the rest periods were too short, you wouldn’t have enough energy to do justice to the 7 sets. Another question I often get is should the weight be constant as the 7 sets go on? It can be, but it’s perfectly fine to reduce the weight one or two times as needed to stay in the proper rep range. There may also be times when you need to increase the weight, but this happens less often.

How Often Can I Train Body Parts This Way?
    Generally speaking, this type of training is too traumatic on the larger muscle groups to use more than once a week. Due to the sheer volume of muscle cells, soreness tends to linger too long to allow for more frequent workouts. For instance, Phil Heath recently completed a back workout and was sore for four days. Since he is supposed to be training back and chest twice a week in preparation for the Arnold Classic, this threw him off his schedule somewhat. The higher than normal amount of microscopic tears in the muscle caused by FST-7 training necessitates a bit more recovery time than standard training protocols. However, smaller body parts like arms and calves certainly can and should be trained twice a week. This gives you twice as many opportunities to stretch the fascia in what are often exceedingly stubborn body parts. Here’s a sample split that displays how you could arrange this:

Day 1: Biceps and triceps, calves
    Day 2: Legs
    Day 3: OFF
    Day 4: Chest and triceps
    Day 5: Back and calves
    Day 6: Shoulders and biceps
    Day 7: OFF

This is a split geared toward someone with the goal of improving stubborn arms. There are many other variations depending on what the individual’s goals might be.

Which Exercises Are Best Suited To The “7” Sets?
    Certain exercises are more appropriate than others for the “7” sets. The big, compound free-weight movements like squats and deadlifts usually are poor choices, for two reasons. For one thing, they involve several other muscle groups and don’t do a good job of isolating a target muscle. Also, they require technique and balancing, which tends to break down if one attempts to perform multiple sets in such a short time span. Machines are a good choice in many instances because they keep you in a fixed plane of movement and thus make it easier to isolate a given muscle. Those with selectorized stacks also make it very fast and convenient to increase or decrease the resistance as needed. Here are some suggested movements that I have found work very well:

Back Width: Machine pullovers (Hammer Strength, Nautilus) or cable pullovers

Back Thickness: Seated row machines with chest support

Chest: Pec deck or peck flye machine*, cable crossovers
    *I find that the pec decks with the pads for the elbows usually work very well for shorter trainers, while the pec flye machines with handles seem to be better for tall guys. Try both; you will know by the pump and range of motion you achieve which one is a better choice for you.

Shoulders: Machine lateral raises with pads— my favorite is made by Bodymasters. Hammer Strength, LifeFitness and Cybex also produce similar models.

Quads: Leg extensions, leg presses

Hamstrings: Seated or lying leg curls

Biceps: EZ-bar curls, machine curls, cable “front double biceps curls”

Triceps: Cable pushdowns using rope attachment
    Overhead cable extensions
    Skull-crushers (for advanced trainers)

Calves: Standing and seated raises, calf raises using leg press
    (alternate between these three)

When Should I Do My “7”…
    The best time to do your “7” is as the final exercise for a muscle group. You don’t want to do it first, as this would take away from your performance on the heavy straight sets that are also a critical factor in building muscle mass. Finishing off a body part with a great pump is something many top bodybuilders have been doing instinctively for years, not knowing that they were expanding their fascia and maximizing growth. It may be tempting to do your pumping sets earlier on if you can’t seem to get any kind of pump going, but I would urge you instead to do something like a set or 2 of 21s to get the blood flowing and then proceed with your heavy sets before capping it all off with your “7” set for that body part. Remember, “7s” are done at the conclusion of each body part, so if you are working multiple body parts in a given workout, you will be doing two or more of these extended pumping sets.

Got a question for Hany you would like to see answered here? E-mail him at [email protected]. Due to the high volume of e-mail he receives and limited editorial space, only selected questions will be answered and used.

Sample FST-7 Body Part Routines*

Triceps

Close-Grip Bench Presses 3-4 x 8-12
    Weighted or Machine Dips 3 x 8-12
    Overhead Cable Extensions 7 x 8-12
    (Beginner and Intermediate)
    Skull-Crushers 7 x 8-12
    (Advanced)

Quads

Leg Extensions 3-4 x 8-15
    Squats 4 x 8-12
    Hack Squats or Leg Presses 3 x 8-15
    Leg Extensions or Leg Presses 7 x 8-15

Chest

Incline Dumbbell Presses 3-4 x 8-12
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3 x 8-12
    Flat Hammer or Dumbbell Presses 3 x 8-12
    Pec Deck or Cable Crossovers 7 x 8-12

Shoulders

Seated Dumbbell Presses 4 x 8-12
    Barbell or Dumbbell Front Raises 3 x 8-12
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises 3 x 8-12
    Lateral Raise Machine 7 x 8-12

The Pro Creator
    By Hany Rambod

Are Ketogenic Diets The Holy Grail Of Bodybuilding?
    I need help! For the last two years, I have been dieting on a low-carb diet (ketogenic). I must admit it does take the fat off very fast. And I love the fact that I'm never really hungry. And even more so, my wife loves the fact that I don't have mood swings. The problem I have is that my muscles never seem to regain their fullness when I try to reload the last couple of days before the show no matter how much carb I add back in. I always end up looking flat and small. And when my muscles aren't full, it looks like I'm out of shape— no matter how many carbs I add back into my diet. I don't know if this type of diet is good for me, since I have a naturally fast metabolism. I noticed all the guys you work with have very full, round muscles that really push against the skin, giving them that “pop” and wow factor. Do you think since I'm a guy who gets lean very fast, I should stick to this type of dieting? The times I looked my best were when I was on the more traditional diets high in protein, low in fat. And I would rotate my carb intake with low, medium and high days, but I hated the fact that I was always hungry and moody. I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

I have been getting a tremendous amount of calls and e-mails lately with questions from bodybuilders who have been having similar experiences with ketogenic diets. The ketogenic diet’s comeback is simply proof that bodybuilding is cyclical. Way back in the 1960s, the stars of that day would subsist on protein only in preparing for contests. In the early 1990s, Dr. Mauro DiPasquale put all the WBF athletes on his anabolic diet, which was high protein and high fat, with minimal carbs. In 1996, the late Dan Duchaine released his best-selling book Underground BodyOpus: Militant Weight Loss & Recomposition, which had a huge impact on competitive bodybuilders and their diet practices. Bodybuilders returned to more moderate diets for a few years while the rest of the world embraced the Atkins Diet and the South Beach Diet, and now we are seeing a surge in popularity once again as more and more competitors are turning to ketogenic diets to get into contest condition. But as Joe’s question illustrates, not everyone experiences fantastic results.
    As I have mentioned several times before in this column, I do not believe in absolutes. There is no one type of contest diet that works for every person. And, even if it works for him once or twice, it may not deliver satisfactory results forever. The human body is dynamic and changes over the course of time. The ketogenic diet may work very well for you this year, but perhaps next year, you would see better results with a diet that included moderate amounts of carbohydrates. I wish I had a dollar for every guy who has told me he was going to go back to what he did in 1995, or whatever year. But you can’t go back. You aren’t the same person now, physiologically speaking, that you were years ago. How many times have you heard a heavyset person tell you that he used to be able to eat whatever he wanted and still remained thin? That’s just a small example of how our bodies and metabolisms can evolve and shift over time.

Personally, I never like to pigeonhole my clients into any one particular type of diet. Different diets will have different results depending on an individual’s age, body type, metabolism and various other factors. When a person has a fast metabolism, I don’t have a problem with him using a ketogenic diet, but only in the beginning stage of the contest prep phase, say the first two to four weeks. This tactic is especially effective for a person carrying a large amount of body fat. A ketogenic diet will help shed a significant amount of that fat in a short time and it’s also a great way to make the transition from eating whatever you want in the off-season to a strict contest diet of only clean foods. Ketogenic diets eliminate the severe cravings one normally experiences during this transition toward lower carbs and clean foods. It’s also a no-brainer in terms of what to eat…you just eat protein and fats.
    In the case of someone like Joe, who has successfully incorporated carbohydrates into his diet in the past, his best bet might be to return to that type of diet, but with some modifications. Joe’s concern was the mood swings that he experienced on the low-carb days of his carb rotation sequence. These “diet devils” can actually be dealt with fairly easily. The simplest solution to avoiding the mood swings is to avoid extreme fluctuations in carbohydrate intake. If your carbs are more stable from day to day, your moods will be as well. If you just stay in better shape in the off-season and don’t have as much body fat to lose in the first place, there will be no need to include zero-carb days in your cycle. You will also have less stress and anxiety, because you won’t have to constantly have the nagging worry of whether or not you will be in shape in time for your contest. Having 20 pounds to lose in 12-16 weeks is much less stressful on the mind and body than if you have 50 pounds to shed in the same time period. With less stress, you won’t be as susceptible to fits of depression or anger and your odds of going to jail for domestic violence will be drastically reduced.

When you have looked and felt flat for a very long time and can’t fill out for your contest, something is wrong. When you have been stuffing yourself with carbs, fat and salt in the typical post-contest binge and even by Monday you still appear flat, I have some bad news for you. Your problem wasn’t that you didn’t carb up enough for your show. Your problem was that you lost muscle on a ketogenic diet, as a lot of people do if they remain on one for extensive lengths of time. I have used the analogy before of your muscles being like a balloon. A flat muscle is like a balloon that isn’t inflated enough, or that’s lost air. A smaller muscle is more like a smaller balloon. As much as you try to fill it up, it simply won’t hold as much air as it used to because it’s shrunk. At a local show, this could make the difference between a competitor placing first or fifth. At the tougher national level, losing size could knock you out of the top 15 in your weight class.

You are probably aware that insulin is an extremely anabolic hormone, meaning it plays a key role in building muscle and even maintaining muscle mass. You don’t want to have constant insulin spikes at all waking hours, because insulin is also antagonistic to the fat-burning process. But with no carbohydrates in the diet, you have no insulin spikes at all, and thus an inadequate amount of this anabolic hormone. If your goal is to have that round, full look to your muscles that all the top competitors possess, you need to have at least a minimal amount of insulin being released. This is yet another reason why I don’t believe in absolutes. Extreme diets that totally eliminate any macronutrient can have unwanted side effects.

Another common issue with remaining on ketogenic diets for extensive periods appears to be diminished thyroid function. After a certain amount of time, the body will downregulate its release of thyroid hormone levels, which will slow down your metabolic rate. This is one reason why many bodybuilders hit unexplained plateaus during their ketogenic diets. Even though they are eating the same amount of calories and faithfully doing their cardio, body fat levels will remain stuck while muscle may be lost.

In addition to the diet, weight training warrants a brief discussion, as training and diet work hand in hand during the contest prep phase. It has been my observation that bodybuilders following ketogenic diets, or any type of contest diet for that matter, often lighten up the weights they are using and substantially increase their repetitions. This can be for any one or more of several reasons. Number one, there is always that old myth that just refuses to die about higher reps being better for burning fat and “etching in muscle detail.” Probably even more common is the fact that as energy levels decline due to lower calories and a higher volume of cardio, it becomes increasingly difficult to handle your usual weights. To a degree, that’s perfectly acceptable. If you are using about 10 percent to 20 percent less weight during contest prep as you do in the off-season, you’re doing OK. But if the weights are down 20 percent to 40 percent or even more, that should be a red flag that something is very, very wrong. If you are losing that much strength, I guarantee you that you are also losing precious lean muscle tissue. It’s called bodybuilding, not bodyshrinking! You must do your best to continue training heavy. That’s why I recommend my FST-7 training system. The first three or four exercises for a body part are performed with heavy weights so that you maintain your muscle size and density. This is followed by a series of pumping sets that let you keep that round, full look to the muscles. It’s perfect for the off-season to add new size when you are in a state of caloric surplus, and it is equally effective for holding on to your size as you diet down into contest condition. But the bottom line here is that no matter what type of diet you choose to follow, heavy weights are still necessary.

A final area I would like to address with regard to ketogenic diets is that many bodybuilders seem to be under the impression that as long as they take enough supplements, they don’t have to worry about losing muscle mass. Sorry to break it to you, but buying out a whole GNC store won’t save you from the ketogenic vampire. An analogy I sometimes use is that of a construction site. Think of those supplements as construction workers and proteins, fats and even fats as the raw materials (i.e., the concrete, lumber, steel beams, etc.). You can have 100 highly paid and skilled workers (supplements) at your construction site (your body), but if they don’t have all the necessary materials to work with, they won’t be able to build anything. They will simply sit around doing nothing on your dime.

The point of this has not been to dismiss ketogenic diets as being ineffective. Clearly, there are many bodybuilders who have used it very successfully for entire prep phases and haven’t lost any noticeable amount of muscle size. But for many others, a ketogenic diet may be better suited to only the early stage of a contest diet, after which time moderate amounts of carbohydrates can be re-introduced in order to fuel great workouts and maintain muscle size.

The Pro Creator
    By Hany Rambod

FST-7: Preloaded and Reloaded!

Question: One of your clients goes to my gym and I saw him training legs the other day. I always pay attention to whatever he’s doing to see what I can pick up and use for myself. I’ve seen him using the FST-7 system for a while now and normally he does the “7” sets at the end of a body part. This time, he did his 7s on leg extensions at the very beginning of the workout. I think I recall you mentioning this variation on the FST-7 system before, but I don’t understand the rationale for doing 7s in the beginning. What gives?

HR: What you saw was one of two variations my clients have been using as specialization routines for stubborn body parts. I call these the “FST-7 Preloaded” and “FST-7 Reloaded” concepts. What you witnessed was the FST-7 Preloaded version, which has a bit of the pre-exhaust element to it. In the case of the workout you watched, the athlete would begin with 7 sets of leg extensions for roughly 10-12 reps each, with only 30-45 seconds rest in between each set.

Question: What this does is “prime the pump” for the heavier sets to follow. The next two exercises are front squats and leg presses, each done in a high-intensity style. After sufficient warm-ups, 2 work sets of 8-12 reps, as heavy as possible, are performed. Normally, the quads would not receive any significant pump from sets such as these. Many bodybuilders would feel the more powerful glutes and hip flexor muscles working instead. But the initial 7 sets on leg extensions served to pump up the quadriceps and pre-stretch the fascia, so that the heavy sets of front squats and leg presses would deliver a far more significant pump than usual. Then, to really make sure that the quads are hammered into new growth, we finish with a final set of 7s on hack squats. This technique is fairly new, but so far the results are very encouraging. Another advanced version is the FST-7 Reloaded concept.

HR: In this variation, two heavy exercises are performed for straight sets, and the workout ends with two series of 7s done back-to-back. In the example of quads, an athlete may start with two or three exercises such as leg extensions, squats, and perhaps walking lunges; then finish with leg presses and hack squats for their 7s. Both of the methods discussed above would be ideal for a person who needs to improve the fullness and sweep of his or her quadriceps, yet is unable to squat heavy due to preexisting problems with the lower back or knees. Another common muscle group the Reloaded version is used on is the upper chest. I might have a client do heavy sets with incline dumbbell presses, incline dumbbell flyes, and the flat Hammer Strength bench press machine and finish with both the pec deck and cable flyes done for 7 sets each. Again, I must emphasize that these are advanced techniques and both make a deep impact on the body’s ability to recover. You must not attempt to use them for every single body part at the same time or I guarantee you that you’ll overtrain. I also want to add that even when used sparingly as I suggest, special attention must be paid to optimizing recovery with proper rest, nutrition, and supplementation. If you fail to respect your body’s recovery needs, this or any other type of training system will not deliver the results you want.

Question: You and several other nutritionists have recommended eating tilapia fish as a low-fat, low-calorie source of protein when dieting to lose fat. In the November issue of MD, I read that tilapia is high in concentrations of arachidonic acid, which a recent study said caused inflammation linked to heart disease, blood vessel damage and cell aging. I have a few pounds of tilapia in my freezer right now. Should I toss it in the garbage?

HR: I wouldn’t be so hasty if I were you. Realize that this is simply one study, and the odds are that another study could come along soon saying something completely different. Another aspect of this study that makes me a little skeptical is that there is no indication as to what amounts of arachidonic acid might be considered dangerous. It might turn out that you would need to eat several pounds of tilapia every day for months to be at any risk. Arachidonic acid is the main ingredient of at least two top-selling supplements I know of, and the inflammation described is actually the catalyst for muscle growth that bodybuilders see when using them. Keep in mind that many studies have also linked the consumption of beef to a wide assortment of health problems such as heart disease and several types of cancer. Yet beef continues to be a valuable part of many bodybuilders’ diets, particularly in the off-season when muscle growth is the goal. It’s likely that many of the negative consequences of eating beef can be counteracted by a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise and a diet high in fiber and antioxidants. As I have said here many times, I don’t believe in absolutes such as “you should never eat beef,” or “you should never eat tilapia.” Anything taken to extremes can be dangerous. That being said, I doubt that eating tilapia a few times a week is going to put a hard-training bodybuilder who eats a healthy diet in serious jeopardy. Keep watching the studies. If anything conclusive proving that tilapia was indeed so harmful, chances are good that it would be banned for sale by the FDA, or at the very least would have to carry some type of warning for consumers.

Question: I’m following a very low-carb diet and wanted to know if I could still benefit from the FST-7 training system. Would it work for me, or would it be a waste of time?

HR: This really all depends on your supplementation. If you are using products that help you stay full and allow you to continue getting good pumps even on a diet very low in carbohydrates, then FST-7 would definitely produce results for you. Examples of such types of supplements include specific amino acids, nitric oxide-based products, and more advanced derivatives of creatine. These tend to be pricier than the old generic monohydrate, but it’s one of those cases where you get what you pay for. I plan to discuss how to integrate your supplementation program with FST-7 both in terms of maximizing the pump and recovery in a column very soon. Getting back to your original question now. If you can’t get a pump due to dietary and/or supplementation issues, you won’t stretch the muscle fascia and therefore won’t reap the benefits in terms of muscle growth that you would otherwise. However, you’ll still see good calorie-burning benefits from the fast pace that the sets of seven with minimal rest provide.

Question: What’s going on with your website? I tried to check it out in mid-September but all I saw was one of those “coming soon” type pages. What’s going on? When will your site be up and what will be on it?

HR: As I mentioned last month, I have actually had the domain rights to my site for quite some time and had planned on launching it well over a year ago. But as much as I wanted to proceed, I was simply too busy consulting for supplement companies and wrapped up in other projects. I’m happy to report that by the time you read this, the sites www.fst-7.com and www.hanyrambod.com, which are one and the same, will be live. There will be several major features on the site. First, you’ll be able to inquire about my services for contest prep, off-season training and seminars. There will also be a section showing my most notable clients of the present and past. There will also be archives with dozens of my past articles and columns. Possibly the most exciting part of my site will be the forums. By simply registering and creating a free user account, you’ll be part of an online community to share ideas and information about FST-7 and other types of training programs. Users will be able to post their own blogs and create their own profiles and photo galleries. Other forums may focus on gossip, but the forums on www.fst-7.com aren’t going to be about making fun of people or speculating about who’s dating whom. Instead, it’s going to be about exchanging ideas and information and sharing experiences and results so we can all learn more. Whether you’re a young guy trying to get to 180 pounds for the first time or an older veteran lifter looking for ways to train around injuries, it’s all going to be about helping each other out so everybody wins. I’ll be posting on the forums, of course, and you never know who else might stop by. And best of all, access to everything on my site is 100 percent free, including the archives.

Question: Hany, I want to start training in the FST-7 style, but I really don’t know how to put a good workout routine together. Can you send me some sample workouts for the standard FST-7 system, plus the hybrid variations?

HR: This is an example of a typical e-mail I get at least once a day. My new site will have all of these. More importantly, members will keep online training logs and offer feedback and opinions on all the techniques they try. That’s important because “real-world” applications are often more useful to serve as examples. You may see someone with the same goals as you who has tried several different variations and has rated the effectiveness of each. This could save you some trial and error on your own, even though we are all individuals. Basically, the advantage will be that you’ll have access to a large amount of different FST-7 programs that many individuals with varying needs and goals will post. This will ensure that you’ll always have a resource should you ever need ideas or inspiration. And of course, we invite you to participate so that others can also learn and get ideas from you and your experiences as well.

Got a question for Hany you would like to see answered here? E-mail him at [email protected]. Due to the high volume of e-mail he receives and limited editorial space, only selected questions will be answered and used.

My question is this:

I am considering taking a natural brewers yeast product simply because it is cheap, packed full of amino-acids and also b-vitamins amoung other things like chromium etc. In your opinion would taking this product have any negative impact on someone prepparing for a show?
    cheap healthy meals

Comment

Hany,

Can you give an example for a natural bodybuilder set wise?

Thanks

Comment

Hany,

Its very cool to have you on MD...I hope you have a good stay with MD as its one of the best mags out there...I wish you the best...

chris genkinger
        SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Comment

Forgive me if this is a dumb question....You mentioned that for back width, the 7's should be performed on a pullover machine or with a cable pullover. I do not have access to a pullover machine. Were you referring to a lying cable pullover or standing? Also which attachment handle is best?
          Thanks

Comment

My brother in law has recently been put on probation (long story) and one of the test is for steroids and then the normal test for recreation drugs. Is it possible to detect steroids through a urinalysis? I thought bloodwork was required, especially since so many over the counter supplements can cause inaccurate test results.
            www.mooremuscle.net

Comment

definately a great thing to have! welcome hany! be ready for hundreds of questions!

Comment

This is the best and only Q and A section worth reading IMO. . . Hany is the best "guru" out there. Right up there w/ Chad. When I get done with school and have the money, I'm going to just pay him monthly and do everything he says. Keep up the good work Hany.

Comment

Hany is one of MD's most valuable assets. Maybe with Hany's permission, I can start posting his previous columns of the Pro Creator to this section.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Durand View Post
                    Hany is one of MD's most valuable assets. Maybe with Hany's permission, I can start posting his previous columns of the Pro Creator to this section.
                    Awesome idea thanks Robbie

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Durand View Post

i agree.. i love hearing the stuff from contest prep guys more then any pro's..

There is so much to learn from guys like chad, hany, layne, glass, tom prince, etc..

Comment

Hany-

how about stubborn calves? whats ur secret for those?

Comment

Hany-

You talked about how front squats are the best leg excercise for developing your outer sweep, if done a certain way..

what way would that be?

Comment

vegetarian

Have you ever worked with a vegetarian bodybuilder? If so, can you give me any advice in terms of vegetarian nutrition?

Comment

How many FST-7 sessions should an in shape natural lifter do per week?

I've heard people say "choose your 2 biggest lacking parts and use FST-7 on them" and NOT for every body part because you'll burn out. Is there any validity to this claim?

Comment

Working...
                              X