Q and A with William Llewellyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by w_llewellyn View Post
    Most doctors focused on true HRT with older patients don't bother with PCT protocols. Androgens are usually viewed of as the necessary treatment here, and may be continued indefinitely. I think PCT is more popular in the anti-aging clinics that see some of the younger men, who may way to try other options (after HRT) for restoring hormone production before resigning themselves to HRT indefinitely.

Personally, I don't think PCT is all that important for older men looking at permanent HRT. If you are young and plan to go on/off though, it is very important. For this I like the PoWeR protocols.

Just to clarify, if one is on HRT at 100 mg weekly as I am. Then I do a 12 week cycle of test c(bump it to 200mg) with primo for 6 weeks at 300mg/weekly then master for the remainder of the cycle, I woul not need any pct since i would go back to my weekly dose of 100mg?

Comment

Nolvadex, though it is less effective. I don't like to suppress estrogen levels with aromatase inhibitors due to the stronger negative impact this has on cholesterol.
      Regardless which ever someone take, do they cause any form of a rebound when they are not taken anymore?

Comment

• Will, what is the relevance of testicular size for men on permanent HRT? I'm done having kids. Besides, I had a vasectomy. Is there a association with overall health and normal size testes?

Comment

• William,

I tested out on the lower ranges of normal for testosterone and my doctor recommended I go to an endo. It could have been lack of sleep that night, overtraining, too much stress-etc. I think its important for me to test again in a couple months and see where I stand before jumping the gun. I am only 31 have done very responsible cycles, and pcts and really dont want to go on hrt the rest of my life, kind of scary for me knowing id have to stay on for life. libidio is though the roof so I for sure thought i would test out fine

what do you think about guys living with lower-normal ranges of testosterone if they opt not to get trt? think there is any real health concern? I seem to have lots of injuries and I know lower testosterone and osteoporosis and maybe easily being more injured is linked

off cycle I stay big and large maintain a nice chunk of muscle and I have done this a few years with like 500 test levels going by previous labs, sometimes I take long breaks like over a year, longest break ive taken was 3 years and I still stayed large

Comment

• Hi William!

I got a question regarding if there been any studies of AAS use causing difficulties to be a proper driver?
            I live in Sweden (sucks to be me...) and here they're reffering AAS to be an psychoactive substance..

Thanks!

Comment

• hello william
              what do you think about landerlan(paraguay) and www.rwrlatinamerica.com??

look ronny tober says about rwr latin america
              The link doesn't work. RWR is long gone, bro They.ve sold that company a few times after the busts.Then the Australian authorities closed all sales outside Australia and controled all sales inside Australia. then all famous Australian brands disappeared from the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freakin_Rican View Post
                Hey William,

I was wondering about a serm called Raloxifene and if this can be beneficial to use during pct? I believe it's a sister drug to Tamoxifen, but might have some extra benefits when compared to Tamoxifen.
                Yeah, it might. It is one of those drugs that looks pretty interesting on paper, but is not widely used in sport (probably due to cost).
                ARACHIDONIC ACID: What You SHOULD Be Taking Right Now !

Comment

• Originally posted by ypmm5 View Post
                  Will,
                  As you stated above back in 09 about a weekly dose of 200mg of test is not real HRT. I was prescribed this amount (test cypionate) but chose to do 100mg weekly. After 4 weeks, my blood levels revealed at this dosage, my test was about 1500 the day after my injection and 560 6 days later. Therefore, my levels are averaging 1000mg weekly. At what weekly dose, do you feel it is essential to take an AI or Serm ie nolvadex? I'm guessing at such low dosage, aromization is extremely minimal but I guess still possible. Isn't it better to take an AI rather than a Serm for on cycle? I was prescribed arimedex at .5 mg twice a week but my insurance approved nolvadex. What is your take please sir.
                  This is very individualized. It is not really a matter of dose, but "your" dose. The best thing to do is test all your hormones, including estrogen, after you've stabilized a bit.

As for what is better, really can't answer that. I personally would prefer a small dose of an AI to maintain NORMAL estrogen during HRT, over Nolvadex. The best long term solution, of course, is to try and maintain normal hormone levels without ancillary drugs, if you can..

Yeah, 200mg per week is high for most. I was probably incorrect to suggest that it cannot be legitimate HRT. In some cases the dose is warranted; just not in most.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPGIZZLE View Post
                    So just to be clear, Trenbolone is not going to cause me to loose hair if I haven't already noticed a accelerated loss of my hair or any loss at all (my grandfather on my mother side is 95 still has fair amount of hair and my fathers father lived into his nineties with not really any hair but had good hair through out younger years, my father is 60 with no balding just maybe a tad bit receding in the corners but I don't think) , and anymore than any other strong androgen or any steroid?
                    Nope, didn't say that. If you LACK a genetic predisposition to early hair loss, trenbolone is probably not going to accelerate it (I say probably, we truly don't understand androgenetic alopecia 100% yet). However, the fact that you have not yet noticed premature signs, or that you don't see it in your family, is no guarantee you lack such predisposition. It may offer comforting assurance you "probably don't", however.

Comment

Regardless which ever someone take, do they cause any form of a rebound when they are not taken anymore?
                      I think you are asking if your cholesterol rebounds to normal when you come off AAS, and the answer is yes. When the hormonal influence is removed the cholesterol balance will be reestablished.

Comment

Will, what is the relevance of testicular size for men on permanent HRT? I'm done having kids. Besides, I had a vasectomy. Is there a association with overall health and normal size testes?
                        You've got me there. I don't believe so...

There may be some advantage, physiologically speaking, to supporting your own natural testosterone as long as you can. There are some other hormones and pathways involved that you circumvent with HRT.. but of course when it is needed, HRT is a healthful practice for most patients. That is the objective anyway.

Some patients maintain their testicular size with small periodic doses of hCG. That is an option if the "cosmetics" of it bothers you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnSmeton View Post
                          William,

I tested out on the lower ranges of normal for testosterone and my doctor recommended I go to an endo. It could have been lack of sleep that night, overtraining, too much stress-etc. I think its important for me to test again in a couple months and see where I stand before jumping the gun. I am only 31 have done very responsible cycles, and pcts and really dont want to go on hrt the rest of my life, kind of scary for me knowing id have to stay on for life. libidio is though the roof so I for sure thought i would test out fine

what do you think about guys living with lower-normal ranges of testosterone if they opt not to get trt? think there is any real health concern? I seem to have lots of injuries and I know lower testosterone and osteoporosis and maybe easily being more injured is linked

off cycle I stay big and large maintain a nice chunk of muscle and I have done this a few years with like 500 test levels going by previous labs, sometimes I take long breaks like over a year, longest break ive taken was 3 years and I still stayed large

I can just give you my non-medical opinion. First, the data seems to suggest you are less likely to die if you have higher levels of testosterone, within the normal range of course. There are also some other physical and metabolic benefits to being in the mid to upper end of the range. For me, personally, this is a medical objective, all other things fine.

You are right at that age too - young but on the line where many guys legitimately start HRT. My advice generally is this. If you still want to have kids, go to an endo and see if you can get yourself squared away. If not, you generally (in my experience) DONT want to go to an endo. You want an age management doc or someone that specialized in male HRT. There are many good endo's, don't get me wrong. But they tend to be so conservative, by the book, and old school about hormones. The AA docs tend to be progressive and working with the latest testosterone research (oddly).

Comment

• Originally posted by xRickardx View Post
                            Hi William!

I got a question regarding if there been any studies of AAS use causing difficulties to be a proper driver?
                            I live in Sweden (sucks to be me...) and here they're reffering AAS to be an psychoactive substance..

Thanks!
                            Ha, no I haven't seen such study. I don't think it causes problems with driving... Like what, road rage maybe!? This are getting strange in the Scandinavian countries as of late. What's up?

Comment

• Originally posted by rickbarbosi View Post
                              hello william
                              what do you think about landerlan(paraguay) and www.rwrlatinamerica.com??

look ronny tober says about rwr latin america
                              The link doesn't work. RWR is long gone, bro They.ve sold that company a few times after the busts.Then the Australian authorities closed all sales outside Australia and controled all sales inside Australia. then all famous Australian brands disappeared from the market.
                              This has been a hard one to confirm. RWR appears to still be operating in Australia. At least the registration is current. It is up this month so we'll see if they refile. I spoke with the owner a few years back; didn't seem shady but who knows... As for RWRLatinAmerica I was never able to get them to communicate with me, nor have taken the time to see about their registration..

Comment

Testosterone doesn't dissolve well in water or oil. The term "suspension" really just means you can shake the vial and the drug will temporarily be mixed in the solution, until it falls out because of low solubility. You can ultimately make suspension out of either, though water is used traditionally.
                                I apologize I am just still a little confused about the last thing you said....so made with oil it will still have the same exact acting and clearing time as if made with water?

Comment

Working...
                                X