• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q and A with IFBB Pro, Mark Alvisi

MarkAlvisi-MD-Bernal-266JJ.jpg

MarkAlvisi-MD-Bernal-270.jpg

MarkAlvisi-MD-Bernal-274.jpg

Got a question for Mark?? Ask him here...

Mark, when is your next show man? Btw, it was cool readin in your 1st Q&A article about how good it felt for fans to be comming up and wanting a pic and autograph from you for the 1st time in the 8 years you've been to the Arnold expo. Funny also, b/c Mike Liberatore, Flex, and yourself were the first guys I saw when I walked in the first day and told my g/f "Oh shit, I gotta get a pic w/them!" lol you guys were awesome man. Flex has a funny accent, so I can imagine that prank call you spoke about in your article you guys did on Rich was CLASSIC!
    Attached Files
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra View Post
      Mark, when is your next show man? Btw, it was cool readin in your 1st Q&A article about how good it felt for fans to be comming up and wanting a pic and autograph from you for the 1st time in the 8 years you've been to the Arnold expo. Funny also, b/c Mike Liberatore, Flex, and yourself were the first guys I saw when I walked in the first day and told my g/f "Oh shit, I gotta get a pic w/them!" lol you guys were awesome man. Flex has a funny accent, so I can imagine that prank call you spoke about in your article you guys did on Rich was CLASSIC!
      Thanks bro. I have the USA's coming up on July 24th & 25th in Las Vegas. Yeah it was pretty funny when we pranked Rich. Flex and I have good times when we travel together for events. He is a total clown!

Comment

Mark what is new for you? What do you have upcoming up? and what does your diet look like

Great to see you have a QnA

Comment

MArk

Hey mark just wanted to know, the last 2 days before your contest what does your diet look like? And what do you eat the day of your contest?

Comment

Originally posted by bjo12 View Post
            Mark what is new for you? What do you have upcoming up? and what does your diet look like

Great to see you have a QnA
            Right now I am training for the USA Championships July 24th & 25th in Las Vegas. My pre contest diet changes as the show gets closer however I am doing all whole food meals of chicken breast, lean ground beef or egg whites with either grits or oatmeal, brown rice or sweet potato. I'm doing 7 meals a day right now. I add greens to a few of the meals as well. Off season I ad Gaspari Nutrition shakes to my program.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmus View Post
              Hey mark just wanted to know, the last 2 days before your contest what does your diet look like? And what do you eat the day of your contest?
              The last two days I fill out on a lot of beef and red or sweet potatoes. I eat a meal every 2 hours the last 3 days for about 8 - 10 meals a day. The day of the show I taper back on the volume of food but ad in more fats from nuts. By the 3rd day i'm forcing the food down with very little water...that's the tuff part!

Comment

Do you eat alot of carbs? Does it change when dieting and offseason?
                How often do you do cardio in the off season and prep contest?
                And for abs and calves how are the trained?

Good luck

Comment

Mark,
                  Which Gaspari supplements are you using for your pre-contest preparation?

Comment

Originally posted by bjo12 View Post
                    Do you eat alot of carbs? Does it change when dieting and offseason?
                    How often do you do cardio in the off season and prep contest?
                    And for abs and calves how are the trained?

Good luck
                    Off season I've been doing 500 to 600 gm of carbs a day. Mostly white rice. Pre contest I have dropped my carbs down to 250 gm a day from oatmeal, brown rice or sweet potatoes at this point. As the show gets closer I'll probably go down to 150 gm a day. Off season I do 30 mins of cardio 3 to 4 times a week in the am and pre contest as much as 1 hour am & 1 hour pm but at 7 weeks out right now I'm only doing an hour a day and getting leaner. I do a few sets of leg raises and a few sets of machine crunches after my cardio every morning. Calves i'm hitting hard 3 times a week so I can bring them up. I do a combination of heavy weight for 20 - 30 reps and then lighter weight for more reps to really get a pump. One thing I have learned is that you have to get a full contraction and really squeeze at the top of the reps to get good development in the calves. Yes it hurts like hell but it works. I use mostly the seated calf press, standing calf press and leg press for calves.

Comment

Originally posted by davidyes View Post
                      Mark,
                      Which Gaspari supplements are you using for your pre-contest preparation?
                      My coach has me doing 100% whole food for all my meals so I only do shakes off season. I am using the Halodrol, Plasma Jet & Mitotropin to really help me rip up. This stuff works great!

Comment

I know you're a big believer in whole foods. I typically do 3 meals and 3 shakes a day wether cutting or bulking. I always add oats and natural pb/nut oil to my shakes for MRP. I use whey and waxy PWO. Do you think using the whey is really hindering my progress THAT much?
                        I've been doing it this way for a while: I'm 22, have only used Pro-hormones (superdrol,halodrol) in the past, and I'm sitting about 205 around 10% right now at 5'8 (I have the profile and avi pics for reference) looking to compete in the near future.
                        Thanks bro, I know you're gettin that Pro Card!!

Comment

Originally posted by mfarleypt View Post
                          I know you're a big believer in whole foods. I typically do 3 meals and 3 shakes a day wether cutting or bulking. I always add oats and natural pb/nut oil to my shakes for MRP. I use whey and waxy PWO. Do you think using the whey is really hindering my progress THAT much?
                          I've been doing it this way for a while: I'm 22, have only used Pro-hormones (superdrol,halodrol) in the past, and I'm sitting about 205 around 10% right now at 5'8 (I have the profile and avi pics for reference) looking to compete in the near future.
                          Thanks bro, I know you're gettin that Pro Card!!
                          Thanks bro! I am a big believer that whole food should be the foundation of your nutrition program. If your doing 3 meals and 3 shakes thats more like 50% food 50% shakes. Off season I use a few shakes on top of at least 5 whole food meals. Whole food will stimulate your metabolism more as well as keep your nitrogen retention positive. It takes your digestion system longer to break down whole food(meat) so you will get more of a steady release of amino acids all day from whole food. In my experience I have always been able to gain more lean mass and less body fat on whole food. Good luck bro...you have time on your side at 22 years old. Eat to GROW!

Comment

I would def eat 6 meals a day, but i just can't afford it. So for me it's about 4 whole meals 2 shakes (pre-post workout). But, then again, sometimes it's 3 and 3 as well.
                            A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

What advice can you give someone that is 18 years old for example and wants to be successful as a pro bodybuilder?

Good luck Mark hope the best for you

Comment

Working...
                              X