This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pappa0901 View Post
    do you train all at once or break it up through out the day..
    I train once a day. With my schedule, thats all I can fit in. Precontest I may have to add a couple cardio sessions in the morning and at night. Once I saved a lot of leave and took off work a few weeks before the show. I was able to workout twice a day. It was cool, but my whole day was filled with going to and from the gym! "aint nobody got time fa dat"
    Cedric McMillan... The One

Comment

• Originally posted by arthuroarti View Post
      Hi Cedric! How many reps and sets worked best for you to gain most of your muscle mass, Did you stick to higher volume or lower volume? Could you please share some of your beginner routines that helped you the most to build muscle mass? Also, do you do the same weight on all your sets or do you increase it to the last working set ( like ramping ) and work till failure?

thanks
      Ive always worked out about the same as I do now... Low volume... High Intensity... Progression... and Instinctive Training
      I do about 9 total sets for all bodyparts. occassionally when i feel full of energy, rested and strong... i may do 12 total sets. But most of the time i can get it done in 9. 3 exercises, 3 sets each per bodypart.
      None of my sets are to absolute failure. Most sets i stop when i cant do the reps properly. Id say out of 9 sets, 5-7 of those are to failure.
      Offseason i rest more between sets. Precontest i only rest enough to change weight or up to 30sec max unless im dead tired. Then i can get it done in 45mins too. Also sometimes i do more than one bodypart a day which makes the workout longer. My point is i go until i feel like i worked the muscle completely and im not there with a clock timing my workout. Some workouts last longer than others.
      I always try to increase weight progressively with each set, making sure I keep mental notes of the final all-out sets weight and reps, so i can make sure I try to beat those numbers in the next workout DC Style. I have always trained this way.
      Cedric McMillan... The One

Comment

• hey cedric; i hope you're doing well bro. if you could meet one of your favorite bodybuilders who would it be?

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmillan View Post
          Ive always worked out about the same as I do now... Low volume... High Intensity... Progression... and Instinctive Training
          I do about 9 total sets for all bodyparts. occassionally when i feel full of energy, rested and strong... i may do 12 total sets. But most of the time i can get it done in 9. 3 exercises, 3 sets each per bodypart.
          None of my sets are to absolute failure. Most sets i stop when i cant do the reps properly. Id say out of 9 sets, 5-7 of those are to failure.
          Offseason i rest more between sets. Precontest i only rest enough to change weight or up to 30sec max unless im dead tired. Then i can get it done in 45mins too. Also sometimes i do more than one bodypart a day which makes the workout longer. My point is i go until i feel like i worked the muscle completely and im not there with a clock timing my workout. Some workouts last longer than others.
          I always try to increase weight progressively with each set, making sure I keep mental notes of the final all-out sets weight and reps, so i can make sure I try to beat those numbers in the next workout DC Style. I have always trained this way.
          Thanks so much for finding time to reply ! You are not just a great bodybuilder but also a great person!
          Cedric, so your all out sets are done in Rep-Pause style, just like DC? Do you do rest-pause for the majority of exercises and sets?
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X