venice beach california trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
    I remember going to Venice with an ex-girlfriend and she wanted to rollerblade on the boardwalk. She ended up falling on her face within 2 minutes and some hot girls in bikinis laughed at her. She took the rollerblades off and would not get back on them. Jesus that chick was sensitive to criticisim!
    Ha haaaaa.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by damien308 View Post
      thanks for the suggestions guys , I will avoid the firehouse as I really haven't heard anything good about it . brad, any places where I can get a simple grilled chicken breast and a clean carb ?
      Whole Foods

Comment

decided to stay in santa monica. wont be far from the gym or 3rd street , im guessing there are a few good restaurants to choose from there .

Comment

your right in the heart of it on 3rd ,Golds isnt far a short ride away

Comment

great ! soooooo excited

Comment

any final recommendations ? also gonna check out wahoos .

Comment

My advice if you're staying a week or less is to get a one week free pass to Gold's gym from the Internet, instead of paying for each day. I've never tried it, but can't see why it wouldn't work. I train at 24 Hour Fitness in other parts of L.A., and at some point I want to save up for a one year membership to Gold's Venice.

Comment

Useful thread, I'm planning to visit LA in August for the first time. Was thinking of staying downtown and venturing out to Venice for a day trip. Is muscle beach worth a workout or just Golds?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanWFitness View Post
                    Useful thread, I'm planning to visit LA in August for the first time. Was thinking of staying downtown and venturing out to Venice for a day trip. Is muscle beach worth a workout or just Golds?
                    Muscle Beach is worth walking over to see but not to train at
                    www.BradRoweFit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Corona View Post
                      My advice if you're staying a week or less is to get a one week free pass to Gold's gym from the Internet, instead of paying for each day. I've never tried it, but can't see why it wouldn't work. I train at 24 Hour Fitness in other parts of L.A., and at some point I want to save up for a one year membership to Gold's Venice.

I will try that

Comment

I will report back with some helpful info

Comment

Why stay downtown? Unless you know someone who lives downtown and there's a specific reason, you'll maybe want to spend one day downtown seeing some of the interesting architecture (Disney concert hall) and maybe going to the central market, and of course the area around Staples Center is a lot nicer these days, high end condos going up and a kinda hipster resurgence happening in the theater district. But you'll find yourself leaving DTLA and going elsewhere most of the time. This may be true wherever you stay since LA is so spread out. So if your goal is a more central location, look around the Miracle Mile area. It's just south of Hollywood/W. Hollywood, just east of BH, and a straight shot west of downtown. Head west through BH, the west side and Santa Monica and you're at the beach, close to Venice. North over Laurel Canyon or the Cahuenga Pass and you're in the SF Valley. Miracle Mile is the most central location to stay in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by cochran View Post
                            Why stay downtown? Unless you know someone who lives downtown and there's a specific reason, you'll maybe want to spend one day downtown seeing some of the interesting architecture (Disney concert hall) and maybe going to the central market, and of course the area around Staples Center is a lot nicer these days, high end condos going up and a kinda hipster resurgence happening in the theater district. But you'll find yourself leaving DTLA and going elsewhere most of the time. This may be true wherever you stay since LA is so spread out. So if your goal is a more central location, look around the Miracle Mile area. It's just south of Hollywood/W. Hollywood, just east of BH, and a straight shot west of downtown. Head west through BH, the west side and Santa Monica and you're at the beach, close to Venice. North over Laurel Canyon or the Cahuenga Pass and you're in the SF Valley. Miracle Mile is the most central location to stay in LA.
                            I've never been to LA in general. My wife and I are just planning a four night extended weekend. I want to go to Gold's so that's one day trip, figured we'd pack gym clothes and beach clothes and do the gym and beach.

Outside of that we don't have any direction or expectation. We figured downtown was a good place to park for our first trip. Just walk around, eat, and see stuff. I'd also like to go to the comedy store I believe that's in Beverly Hills but I don't think you'd stay in Beverly Hills? Better to go for the night for dinner and a show?

I'm open to any suggestions.
                            Last edited by JordanWFitness; June 3rd, 2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I've never been to LA in general. My wife and I are just planning a four night extended weekend. I want to go to Gold's so that's one day trip, figured we'd pack gym clothes and beach clothes and do the gym and beach.

Outside of that we don't have any direction or expectation. We figured downtown was a good place to park for our first trip. Just walk around, eat, and see stuff. I'd also like to go to the comedy store I believe that's in Beverly Hills but I don't think you'd stay in Beverly Hills? Better to go for the night for dinner and a show?

I'm open to any suggestions.
                              I think Miracle Mile is the best area to stay in, close to BH and the comedy store is in West Hollywood on the Sunset Strip. Of course you wanna go to the strip at least to drive through and see the Chateau Marmont where Janice Joplin and John Belushi died, the Andaz which used to be the Hyatt where led zep rode their motorcyles in the hallways and The Who tossed TV's off the balconies etc, the whisky a go go and the viper room and the rainbow and a whole lot of spots where rock stars used to party.

Go to DTLA one day to see some sites but Miracle Mile is definitely more centrally located to everything. You won't want to go any further east than DTLA, and the freeways around downtown are always really busy, so if you're using navigation you might spend too much time in traffic trying to leave or get back to your hotel or air bnb. If you stay in MM, you'll spend more time on surface streets to get to your destinations, and have less traffic and more of LA to look at.

Of course there are plenty of things to do in the MM area too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mira...e,_Los_Angeles

https://www.timeout.com/los-angeles/miracle-mile

PM me if you want recommendations on stuff like cheeseburgers or fried chicken or Italian or Mexican, any kinda restaurant, dessert, etc. I've lived in LA for the latter half of my 40 years and I like a good cheat meal and know where to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by damien308 View Post
                                I will try that
                                I'm assuming there is a possibility that you have to be a resident of the Los Angeles area to get as free week pass to Gold's Venice, but if you're able to do it, please report back and let others know if you succeeded or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X