Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaches who advise mega doses...discussions need to be started, accountability is now required

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coaches who advise mega doses...discussions need to be started, accountability is now required

    Most of you know here are aware of my history in this industry, I’ve competed, been a photographer, writer, reporter, partner’s (Rascal) a pro show winner, etc etc.

    I’m coming into my 25th year working in the bodybuilding media and have built solid relationships and friendships with all levels of athletes globally.

    Something has really been tugging at my conscience lately, screaming at me in fact.

    I’ve seen the industry develop and change drastically from year to year.

    But one thing is popping up again and again lately and it’s deeply troubling to me...AND NO-ONE seems to want to start any kind of dialogue to find a solution to an issue that is not only killing off an integral part of the sport...but it’s also killing people and destroying the health’s mentally and physically of the athletes who lets face it, don’t actually know any better.

    Maybe 80-90% of all competitors now have coaches. That’s great, it can help to eliminate years of trial and error and help get a competing athlete to where they want to be faster. Again, that’s great.

    But...

    I’m talking ALL levels of athletes here guys, it’s the fucking insane amount of gear some of these coaches are advising their clients to go on.

    I’ve competed 14 times, looked respectable I think for 5 of those, I prepped myself from start to finish, did all my own diet, gear plans etc. I’ve also learnt through my own trial and error what my body could tolerate, had the blood work, encountered first hand the pitfalls and risks of dabbling with various bodybuilding substances.

    Also, I’ve discussed one to one the chemical side with countless Olympians and top pros and amateurs. Been around to see the end results of those that really pushed it to the extreme and the certain cases of complete disaster and yes, death that this approach yielded both in the short and long term.

    I also notice patterns. And right now, particular coach names are cropping up again and again. I’m joining the dots and building that data in my head to reach a solid conclusion.

    High doses are going to DESTROY this sport. I have no doubts of this if we continue down this road.

    Accountability now HAS to be implemented and discussions at least opened up. I’m seeing and hearing too many issues swept under the carpet, and that isn’t good.

    And from my 25 plus years of observations, high doses do NOT work if long term is a barometer of success. It’s all a short term mentality that I don’t believe even really improves a physique, overall.

    I want to know your thoughts guys, please. This has to be controlled and responsibilities need to be held to account now.

    What do you think?
    Last edited by Giles; May 16th, 2019, 07:40 AM.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

  • #2
    What's a mega dose in your book Giles?

    IMO these little guys out there, gym rats with less than a couple consistent years under their belt on grams of gear is stupidity and a waste of gear. Higher dose cycles should be progressed into as the physique develops.

    I personally started on only 500mgs week and each cycle added a compound and slowly increased dosages as i grew. I ended up a lean but watery 245 at my biggest and while on was running around 2 grams a week to support that. At that stage i did not feel healthy and could no longer handle the ever increasing food and the drugs that were needed to keep gaining so i decided it was time to stop..... I realized that at some point my bbing had stopped being positive for my health so what was the point to continue anymore, it can easy become an at all costs obsession as im sure many of us here know.

    I also think some definitely tolerate what it really takes better than others.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by harmankardon1 View Post
      What's a mega dose in your book Giles?

      IMO these little guys out there, gym rats with less than a couple consistent years under their belt on grams of gear is stupidity and a waste of gear. Higher dose cycles should be progressed into as the physique develops.

      I personally started on only 500mgs week and each cycle added a compound and slowly increased dosages as i grew. I ended up a lean but watery 245 at my biggest and while on was running around 2 grams a week to support that. At that stage i did not feel healthy and could no longer handle the ever increasing food and the drugs that were needed to keep gaining so i decided it was time to stop..... I realized that at some point my bbing had stopped being positive for my health so what was the point to continue anymore, it can easy become an at all costs obsession as im sure many of us here know.

      I also think some definitely tolerate what it really takes better than others.
      Mate, some of the protocols I’ve seen and been told sent a shiver down my spine!
      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

      Comment


      • #4
        Your right mate .... I know a lot of amateures and guys who dont even compete and take 2-3g of gear + GH + slin its mind blowing to me
        I know to compete at that pro-level you need gear, there is no way without it .... totally make sense to me, but I know that guys are overdosing and try to blew up in 1-2 years

        I love bodybuilding, I love to workout, I love my 4-6 meals a day .... I'm working out since 13 years now and I'm still afraid of using anything

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Giles View Post
          Mate, some of the protocols I’ve seen and been told sent a shiver down my spine!
          I can imagine....

          Running a few grams test and deca etc is easy enough to do even if it's not really needed for optimium gains. What blows my mind is when I hear of guys doing a gram or more of tren.. I dunno how they can possibly tolerate that, it's such a potent steroid even at 100 EOD, 500mgs for me would make me loopy, half unhinged. Lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            Way to piggy back off my thread, giles. but whatever.

            The problem is these athletes do too much drugs and dont have the mental fortitude to workout without them.

            I blame people like Rich Piana and Bostin Lloyd for making content that suggested you're wasting your time in this sport if you dont do high doses of drugs or if you dont stay on them for most of the year.

            Back in the 70's, the pros did very very little doses and that was with a much smaller amount of drugs. None of the synthol, insulin, HGH you seee now. It's disgusting. And the pro's back then did not stay on it all year. quite the opposite.

            And you bash Shawn Rhoden but the dudde does it right. He's natural for most of the year and then hops on some gear a few months into a show and then hops back off. That's the smart way to do it. That promotes longetivety Bash him all you want but the dude does it right.

            Bodybuilding is the wild wild west right now. It needs to be rained in.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Giles View Post
              Mate, some of the protocols I’ve seen and been told sent a shiver down my spine!
              The speak out for f*ck sake! You have a voice in the industry! Don't just say it on here. Make a video about it! Pros listen to you! You're an influential person in the industry! Talk to head coaches, talk to the ifbb committee!!! Nothing is going to change if you wait for someone else to do it! Take some freakin initiative for once and change the culture! Stop being a ***** and stand up. Dallas Mcarver should have been the wake up call. You have the platfom. Do something.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BullBulk View Post
                The speak out for f*ck sake! You have a voice in the industry! Don't just say it on here. Make a video about it! Pros listen to you! You're an influential person in the industry! Talk to head coaches, talk to the ifbb committee!!! Nothing is going to change if you wait for someone else to do it! Take some freakin initiative for once and change the culture! Stop being a ***** and stand up. Dallas Mcarver should have been the wake up call. You have the platfom. Do something.
                What are you fucking talking about? I’m starting a dialogue with this thread.

                I bring up topics every week on Global Muscle that no one ever wants to bring up, go watch a few episodes and then talk. We had Patrick Tuor on the show two weeks ago talking about insulin use in bodybuilding, did you see that one? Doubt it.

                And you clearly have NO idea what you are talking about as if I say “here’s a protocol I was shown” and write down the doses I 100% GUARANTEE someone WILL follow it, that’s how this shitstorm all came around in the first place. Bostin etc putting out dosages then people going RIGHT AHEAD and doing it.

                And piggy backing on what thread? Try thinking before you write, please.
                MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BullBulk View Post
                  The speak out for f*ck sake! You have a voice in the industry! Don't just say it on here. Make a video about it! Pros listen to you! You're an influential person in the industry! Talk to head coaches, talk to the ifbb committee!!! Nothing is going to change if you wait for someone else to do it! Take some freakin initiative for once and change the culture! Stop being a ***** and stand up. Dallas Mcarver should have been the wake up call. You have the platfom. Do something.
                  The athletes DO NOT LISTEN! Case in point, Dallas McCarver. Shawn Ray was very vocal here when Dallas collapsed on stage a few months before he died that he was flirting with disaster, but all he got in return was fury. He was labeled a hater. BB's today feel they need to use mega doses to get an edge over all the other guys who are also on tons of shit.
                  Muscular Development Online Editor
                  FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BullBulk View Post
                    Way to piggy back off my thread, giles. but whatever.

                    The problem is these athletes do too much drugs and dont have the mental fortitude to workout without them.

                    I blame people like Rich Piana and Bostin Lloyd for making content that suggested you're wasting your time in this sport if you dont do high doses of drugs or if you dont stay on them for most of the year.

                    Back in the 70's, the pros did very very little doses and that was with a much smaller amount of drugs. None of the synthol, insulin, HGH you seee now. It's disgusting. And the pro's back then did not stay on it all year. quite the opposite.

                    And you bash Shawn Rhoden but the dudde does it right. He's natural for most of the year and then hops on some gear a few months into a show and then hops back off. That's the smart way to do it. That promotes longetivety Bash him all you want but the dude does it right.

                    Bodybuilding is the wild wild west right now. It needs to be rained in.
                    And again, you’ve missed the point l made on Global about Shawn Rhoden (again, I highly doubt you’ve seen it), I have no issues or opinion about him looking like that (and how do you know he is off gear at his guest posing anyway?) the problem I found was the fact he GUEST POSED as Mr Olympia in THAT condition.

                    Please go and watch that episode as my feelings I make crystal clear to back up what I’m saying here.
                    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BullBulk View Post
                      Way to piggy back off my thread, giles. but whatever.

                      The problem is these athletes do too much drugs and dont have the mental fortitude to workout without them.

                      I blame people like Rich Piana and Bostin Lloyd for making content that suggested you're wasting your time in this sport if you dont do high doses of drugs or if you dont stay on them for most of the year.


                      Back in the 70's, the pros did very very little doses and that was with a much smaller amount of drugs. None of the synthol, insulin, HGH you seee now. It's disgusting. And the pro's back then did not stay on it all year. quite the opposite.

                      And you bash Shawn Rhoden but the dudde does it right. He's natural for most of the year and then hops on some gear a few months into a show and then hops back off. That's the smart way to do it. That promotes longetivety Bash him all you want but the dude does it right.

                      Bodybuilding is the wild wild west right now. It needs to be rained in.
                      And their followers usually look like bloated sacks of shit, acne-ridden and with SEO lumpy arms and delts.
                      Muscular Development Online Editor
                      FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                        The athletes DO NOT LISTEN! Case in point, Dallas McCarver. Shawn Ray was very vocal here when Dallas collapsed on stage a few months before he died that he was flirting with disaster, but all he got in return was fury. He was labeled a hater. BB's today feel they need to use mega doses to get an edge over all the other guys who are also on tons of shit.
                        I supported Shawn Ray when he raised the red flag over Dallas being carried off stage. But people chose to overlook it, bury their heads in the sand and call Shawn a hater.

                        I bet many wished they’d backed Shawn up now as just maybe disaster could have been averted. That poor kid shouldn’t be in the ground, Shawn tried to alert people and all he got was slammed for it. Bad bad bad.
                        MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                          And their followers usually look like bloated sacks of shit, acne-ridden and with SEO lumpy arms and delts.
                          Bingo...
                          MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            People just try to work out how much they can take without dying.

                            The guys in the 80's were afraid to do big doses because they did not know what would happen to them. The guys in the 90's pushed the envelop more and it just esculated from there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If you want these people to be held accountable, then you should mention names of the offenders. This is one step in helping people avoid detriment, and making a better, informed decision.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X