Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MD RANTS | IS BODYBUILDING DEAD? HELL NO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by First Callout View Post
    Why don't you sponsor any athletes?
    I am not speaking for Steve, but here is my take. In years past, you paid athletes a monthly salary and for that you got a return on your investment. They were exclusive to your magazine, for instance. They could not take photos or interview with anyone not working for your magazine. Once we had web sites, you could put their videos on your site or YT channel only.

Social media has made all that worthless. Every athlete has his own IG, FB, YT channel, etc. They put out tons of content every day for fans to see. Why would you pay someone for access when they give that access away for free now anyway?

Give Steve a little credit there, too. He paid out millions of dollars over the years to many athletes. I can tell you from personal experience that in most cases, all they had to do for that money was talk to me for 15-30 minutes a month to go over their magazine column. Many were contractually obligated to post here too, but they didn't even do that.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
      I am not speaking for Steve, but here is my take. In years past, you paid athletes a monthly salary and for that you got a return on your investment. They were exclusive to your magazine, for instance. They could not take photos or interview with anyone not working for your magazine. Once we had web sites, you could put their videos on your site or YT channel only.

Social media has made all that worthless. Every athlete has his own IG, FB, YT channel, etc. They put out tons of content every day for fans to see. Why would you pay someone for access when they give that access away for free now anyway?

Give Steve a little credit there, too. He paid out millions of dollars over the years to many athletes. I can tell you from personal experience that in most cases, all they had to do for that money was talk to me for 15-30 minutes a month to go over their magazine column. Many were contractually obligated to post here too, but they didn't even do that.
      What Ron said X2!!! ^^^^
      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Furthermore, Steve's biggest critic is a man who NEVER paid out a dime to any athletes unless they were sponsored by his supplement company, in which case I am guessing most only got product anyway. He may have covered their competition costs.

For years and years, MD had anywhere from 10-20 athletes getting checks every month.
        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Hey Ron, imagine how many shows and how much amazing content we could knock out with ten percent of that money back from those guys mate!

Oh man. Global Muscle and Ronline in a sexy studio every day uhhhhh.
          MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
            Hey Ron, imagine how many shows and how much amazing content we could knock out with ten percent of that money back from those guys mate!

Oh man. Global Muscle and Ronline in a sexy studio every day uhhhhh.
            I would hire a full-time nerd and build a home studio.

Comment

Contractually obliged to post but did not. That right there is grounds for contract termination.
              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
                Contractually obliged to post but did not. That right there is grounds for contract termination.
                Their defense was usually that they were getting trolled here. And often they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Their defense was usually that they were getting trolled here. And often they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yeah, that was a problem.
                  My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
                    Yeah, that was a problem.
                    Old man rant ahead - when I was a youngster, we had NO access to the pro's. We revered them. To us they were larger than life. If we ever did get the chance to interact with them, it would be in person and we were deeply respectful. Now, these 'fans' have so much access to the pros that they take it for granted and often like to see if they can rile them up with insults or shit-talking.

Comment

We must give credit to a few pros who still post even when they have not been under contract for a long time. Meanwhile, others supposedly had to post but never did.
                      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

In the past, now and present I've always been supportive of the industry and the bodybuilding community. At one time when Joe and Ben Weider were alive, MD had a bigger contract payroll for athletes then Weider. Even though, I don't have any bodybuilders on exclusive contracts at this time, things can change in the future. As always, I will continue to do my very best to support our industry, support the bodybuilding community and do my best to cover and promote the industry through Muscular Development Media online, social and print.

MD Magazine is the only hard-core bodybuilding magazine in print that can be featured on the newsstand that features the bodybuilders in our industry.
                        Even though we've had extreme growth on our digital platforms, all bodybuilders across the globe aspire to be on the cover of MD one day.
                        Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
                        Facebook Twitter Instagram

Comment

it does not make economic sense to sponsor athletes anymore.....

and as said above Steve has spent god knows how much money supporting athletes over the life of md.

Comment

Working...
                          X