Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions regarding the forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    Here, it's a uncompensated volunteer position that can take up a lot of time and effort.
    The rewards are few.

    MD used to give the mods a mag subscription for the effort and send us a Christmas card with a thank you note and a gift card but that was killed..
    shit this is weak it's not like two mag subscriptions and thankyou cards would break the bank....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by harmankardon1 View Post
      shit this is weak it's not like two mag subscriptions and thankyou cards would break the bank....
      It's inconsistent as to how they treat their volunteers.


      Last edited by Buadain; October 30th, 2019, 09:09 AM.
      My Competition Prep Journal

      Muscular Development Forum Rules

      Comment


      • A former editor here was soliciting for bodybuilding video content.
        I volunteered, others were interested as well.
        I bought a low light video camera perfect for filming contests, taught myself how to use it and looked into video editing software.
        I then asked that editor ok, what are the plans for going forward with this.
        Dead silence.

        Same editor was indicating a need for occasional tagging during contests.
        I volunteered, others were interested.
        I followed up as to the status on this.
        Dead silence.

        I proposed once MD develop a local/ regional volunteer network for people to cover local/regional bodybuilding shows in their areas.
        It would be cheaper coverage from a logistical perspective.
        A lot of local promoters would love some coverage to get some butts in the seats.
        Dead silence.

        They have been inconstant here in the past as to areas they need to tighten up on related to volunteer management.
        Long term volunteers here should be looked at like interns and developed/groomed and mentored for slots as contract employees.
        Their skill sets should be tapped by MD and utilized in areas that would benefit the business.
        That is an observation based on basic business principles.

        We have lost here almost the entire Mod and FL volunteer group and that is a damn shame.
        I miss those people.
        Last edited by Buadain; October 30th, 2019, 12:13 PM.
        My Competition Prep Journal

        Muscular Development Forum Rules

        Comment

        • This reply by Jen THE Admin has been deleted by Jen THE Admin
          No longer required

          Originally posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
          A former editor here was soliciting for bodybuilding video content.
          I volunteered, others were interested as well.
          I bought a low light video camera perfect for filming contests, taught myself how to use it and looked into video editing software.
          I then asked that editor ok, what are the plans for going forward with this.
          Dead silence.

          Same editor was indicating a need for occasional tagging during contests.
          I volunteered, others were interested.
          I followed up as to the status on this.
          Dead silence.

          I proposed once MD develop a local/ regional volunteer network for people to cover local/regional bodybuilding shows in their areas.
          It would be cheaper coverage from a logistical perspective.
          A lot of local promoters would love some coverage to get some butts in the seats.
          Dead silence.

          They have been inconstant here in the past as to areas they need to tighten up on related to volunteer management.
          Long term volunteers here should be looked at like interns and developed/groomed and mentored for slots as contract employees.
          Their skill sets should be tapped by MD and utilized in areas that would benefit the business.
          That is an observation based on basic business principles.

          We have lost here almost the entire Mod and FL volunteer group and that is a damn shame.
          I miss those people.
          That's not the way things are running in the future.
          Please understand that I am not able to answer every day, but I will make an effort to answer as much as possible.
          We need to take things one step at a time because there are several things going on behind the scenes.
          Some of these changes I can and will address publicly at an appropriate time, but mostly I have been in the process of conducting a huge audit of the forum.

          There are many outdated threads that need be removed.
          Additionally, there are many outdated boards that need to be removed.

          We do appreciate the volunteers here at MD and we will take volunteering greatly into account going forward.
          What was done in the past is over, we are starting in a totally different direction, but keep in mind - there is a process involved.
          This process is not immediate and will take time.

          Please be patient. We take all of your concerns into account.
          Webmaster, MD
          http://www.musculardevelopment.com

        • Hey Jen sorry for bothering you with the same question but about the access rights.
          I'd like to have the ability to edit thread titles so I could rename them better before we start moving them to the new section.
          Do you think this could be arranged. I want to get my hands dirty already

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fella Finn View Post
            Hey Jen sorry for bothering you with the same question but about the access rights.
            I'd like to have the ability to edit thread titles so I could rename them better before we start moving them to the new section.
            Do you think this could be arranged. I want to get my hands dirty already
            I think I know what your problem is.
            I cant fix this as I do not have the level of Admin rights to do so.
            I would have to review all your settings to know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it
            Sorry, I cant do that.

            In example your user name does not appear at the bottom of the No Bull forum page under

            Forum Information and Options

            Moderators of this Forum

            'Can edit threads' is a default set to yes in every forum you have moderator rights over.

            In your case it appears that there may be a problem as to what forum(s) you have moderator rights over and your settings as to your ability to edit the titles of threads you did not create.
            That has to be set up manually in every forum than just checking 'moderator' on a profile or it can be fixed maybe by putting your ID in the primary moderator user group.
            There are other settings that could cause this problem.
            Last edited by Buadain; October 30th, 2019, 02:29 PM.
            My Competition Prep Journal

            Muscular Development Forum Rules

            Comment


            • When I was a Vbulletin admin over my own forum I had set up a production mirrored test environment that I could use to trouble shoot production problems/defects like this and test fixes.
              It was more expensive but it prevented errors in production caused by testing defect fixes in production that might impact my users.
              My Competition Prep Journal

              Muscular Development Forum Rules

              Comment

              • This reply by Jen THE Admin has been deleted by Jen THE Admin
                No longer required

                Originally posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
                When I was a Vbulletin admin over my own forum I had set up a production mirrored test environment that I could use to trouble shoot production problems/defects like this and test fixes.
                It was more expensive but it prevented errors in production caused by testing defect fixes in production that might impact my users.
                i understand that very well, Dave. I do too have VBulletin experience so I know exactly what you're speaking of.
                I'm looking into several things.
                Fella, that access should have been turned on for you already. If you're not getting access to certain areas, it's because you're not able to have that access.
                What I can do is review everyone's permissions, but it may take a while.
                Please be patient.
                Thanks.
                Webmaster, MD
                http://www.musculardevelopment.com
              • This reply by Jen THE Admin has been deleted by Jen THE Admin
                No longer required

                Also, instead of 60 day waiting period for stickies. It will be changed to 30. I see how many we've had in the past month on No Bull alone. It needs to change up.
                Webmaster, MD
                http://www.musculardevelopment.com

              • Originally posted by JAGiresi View Post
                i understand that very well, Dave. I do too have VBulletin experience so I know exactly what you're speaking of.
                I'm looking into several things.
                Fella, that access should have been turned on for you already. If you're not getting access to certain areas, it's because you're not able to have that access.
                What I can do is review everyone's permissions, but it may take a while.
                Please be patient.
                Thanks.

                Okay well in that case that access right is missing from the new "profile".
                I can only move, close and copy.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fella Finn View Post
                  Hey Jen sorry for bothering you with the same question but about the access rights.
                  I'd like to have the ability to edit thread titles so I could rename them better before we start moving them to the new section.
                  Do you think this could be arranged. I want to get my hands dirty already
                  Renaming a thread changes the context of the conversations occurring before the name change. If you need a new thread, start one. If the old content wasn't good enough to continue, let that content die.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rroberto View Post
                    Renaming a thread changes the context of the conversations occurring before the name change. If you need a new thread, start one. If the old content wasn't good enough to continue, let that content die.
                    Well I'm not just going to create a whole new thread for each competitor thread I've put up so far if I can just change title.
                    Obviously if there is something specific in the starter post I'm not gonna touch that but otherwise I'd prefer it this way.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fella Finn View Post
                      Hey Jen sorry for bothering you with the same question but about the access rights.
                      I'd like to have the ability to edit thread titles so I could rename them better before we start moving them to the new section.
                      Do you think this could be arranged. I want to get my hands dirty already

                      you wanting to get youre hands dirty ??????




                      we shall see which side you re on
                      LIONEL BEYEKE ARNOLD CLASSIC 2020 CHAMPION

                      Comment

                      • This reply by Jen THE Admin has been deleted by Jen THE Admin
                        No longer required

                        i investigated as to why certain changes weren't made and as you've now noticed, Fella is a moderator with full moderation powers and Daibhi is an admin with full administrative powers.
                        Sorry for the time it took to get this sorted, but this will no longer be an issue going forward.
                        Webmaster, MD
                        http://www.musculardevelopment.com

                      • Originally posted by JAGiresi View Post
                        Also, instead of 60 day waiting period for stickies. It will be changed to 30. I see how many we've had in the past month on No Bull alone. It needs to change up.
                        Great news!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X