Vastus Lateralis as we age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by triceps View Post

Tbh, I'm hesitant to share anything because our training is so personal, you know? I think our training is an intimate part of our lives
    You prefer to share your selfie in your bathroom.
    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

• The training and getting stronger every year is unrealistic. Think of it like this, if you went up 5 lbs on your bench every month, you'd increase 60 lbs in a year. Sounds more than reasonable right? No. Over 3 years increase 180 lbs? Still possible. 6 years...360? There is a tipping point in capability. And beyond that, injury will limit strength chasers at some point. Especially applying it to bodybuilding vs periodization in powerlifting.

The varied and dynamic muscle building techniques that Derek has started to implement are a smart approach to his problem statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

You prefer to share your selfie in your bathroom.
        Yeah, I'm ok with that

Comment

• Originally posted by Bestia View Post
          The training and getting stronger every year is unrealistic. Think of it like this, if you went up 5 lbs on your bench every month, you'd increase 60 lbs in a year. Sounds more than reasonable right? No. Over 3 years increase 180 lbs? Still possible. 6 years...360? There is a tipping point in capability. And beyond that, injury will limit strength chasers at some point. Especially applying it to bodybuilding vs periodization in powerlifting.

The varied and dynamic muscle building techniques that Derek has started to implement are a smart approach to his problem statement.
          60 lbs on your bench strength gain is huge in year, I'm not saying it's impossible but I'm more than happy if I can gain 20 lbs of bench press strength in a year

Comment

• The other thing I want to add to that big dude that started this thread, is that if you feel ''uncomfortable'' doing 495 lbs or more on the squat, you can do high rep work, 225 lbs or 315 lbs but go for high reps, 100 reps or more, it works,and may produce brand new growth. You can't knock it until you try it

Comment

The other thing I want to add to that big dude that started this thread, is that if you feel ''uncomfortable'' doing 495 lbs or more on the squat, you can do high rep work, 225 lbs or 315 lbs but go for high reps, 100 reps or more, it works,and may produce brand new growth. You can't knock it until you try it
              I’m turning 49 this year. There is zero chance I will ever be under 495 again. Last time was in my mid 30’s. Nowadays, I’m lucky if I get under 405. Even though I can still do it, hips and knees pay for it the rest of the week when I do. I’m most comfortable when I stay with 365 as my last set. Keep in mind, as I’ve said before, I do hams before quads and then I press as my first quad movement. When I get to squats, my legs are already getting exhausted. This week is high reps on all muscle groups.
              I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

• Originally posted by DerekRJohnson View Post

I’m turning 49 this year. There is zero chance I will ever be under 495 again. Last time was in my mid 30’s. Nowadays, I’m lucky if I get under 405. Even though I can still do it, hips and knees pay for it the rest of the week when I do. I’m most comfortable when I stay with 365 as my last set. Keep in mind, as I’ve said before, I do hams before quads and then I press as my first quad movement. When I get to squats, my legs are already getting exhausted. This week is high reps on all muscle groups.
                You are a man who achieved a high level of success as a national-level NPC competitor talking to a guy who has never and will never set foot on a stage, let alone post a real pic of himself.
                Muscular Development Online Editor
                FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

• Bro, you are so strong!
                  http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Sometimes after a certain age, high reps become important, I'm 42, high reps save my joints.

Comment

405 is damn good for any age must less 49!
                      SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                      2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post

405 is damn good for any age must less 49!
                        I bet Op can squat 585 for reps, maybe for 15 reps, if he wanted to

Comment

I bet Op can squat 585 for reps, maybe for 15 reps, if he wanted to
                          Not possible. Though I was impressed with my hack squatting yesterday. 5 plates on each side and I
                          did squeeze out 11 reps.
                          I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

Not possible. Though I was impressed with my hack squatting yesterday. 5 plates on each side and I
                            did squeeze out 11 reps.
                            No pain no gain

Comment

Working...
                            X