This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from Peter McGough

Peter is out of hospital! I have his permission to post this message here.

pasted >>

I write this not out of any sense of personal accomplishment but as hopefully some sort of inspiration to others and their families going through their own trauma. My experiences with cancer have taught me that it's not over until the fat lady sings. Never give up hope. Three and a half weeks ago the fat lady was standing side stage having a final gargle before walking onstage to hit a top C on my behalf. Today she is redundant twiddling her thumbs somewhere. After three weeks of intensive hospital care I came home -- home sweet home -- last Wednesday.

Three and a half weeks ago the future was bleak and perhaps not too long. Because of side effects from my treatment my electrolyte balance was all screwed up and my nervous system went haywire. I couldn't walk or stand up or see properly and had constant nausea and stomach problems. I lived under threat of my condition causing a heart attack or stroke. Thanks to the physical therapy staff and occupational therapy staff at Lee Memorial rehabilitation unit in Fort Myers I am now walking and took an 11-minute walk today -- my first walk since February. The nursing staff gave me great care and nursed me back to good health, although not cancer free, which is being held at bay. Physical therapy was 4 x 45 minutes per day, every day. It was tough and at times I felt like I was in Boot Camp mode.

Throughout the last six years Anne has been my rock. My main motivation through all this is not to leave Anne. I keep telling her, "I ain't going anywhere." I was admitted to hospital on Christmas morning and last night we finally opened our presents. My biggest present for 35 years has been my Anne -- how lucky I am. She is an angel who is fighting every day to stop me becoming an angel -- although unlike Anne I don't have angelic qualifications. To all those struggling out there don't ever give up. It’s bloody hard but you can get through your trauma. Fight with all your might. If a soul like me can do it you can too – I know that may sound like a platitude but YOU CAN DO IT! Tell your fat lady to swan off and take up tap dancing. Tell our illness to go forth and fornicate with itself. Thank you to everyone for your fantastic support over the last six years. I luv yuz all. I feel better now than I have for over a year. Life is good again. The adventure continues.
    *Brotherhood of iron *

Thank you very much George for posting. This finally gives me an answer to my question posted in the sticky thread about him. Us long time fans...real fans, aren’t ready to see him go yet.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
      Thank you very much George for posting. This finally gives me an answer to my question posted in the sticky thread about him. Us long time fans...real fans, aren’t ready to see him go yet.
      He asked for it to be a stand alone thread - He has probably the best marriage/partnership of anyone I know.
      *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Thanks George
        My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Thanks George

Comment

I will never be ready to see Peter go - he is just too good of a human being. I truly wish I had gotten to know him much sooner.
            Muscular Development Online Editor
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

It is always a pleasure to read Peter, an incredible writer in any circumstance.
              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

peter thiught me a lot about bodybuilding growing up.

peter has touched many of us via his writings over the years
                LIONEL BEYEKE ARNOLD CLASSIC 2020 CHAMPION

Comment

Its not a platitude when it comes from someone who faces REAL adversity.....

Good on you Peter, its great to hear you are back at home, keep on chipping away brother.

Comment

Great to hear.....I reckon Peter is a bit..........

917b5SSzHFL._RI_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
                      Great to hear.....I reckon Peter is a bit..........

917b5SSzHFL._RI_.jpg
                      LOL good one.... And agree peter is legit tough.

Comment

He tells me he's part Scottish
                        English/Scottish he's tough
                        *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

thx for the update George, and very glad to know that Peter is doin' great
                          MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

A gentleman, a class act, and a tough SOB......Keep up that stiff upper lip Peter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                              I will never be ready to see Peter go - he is just too good of a human being. I truly wish I had gotten to know him much sooner.
                              If you would have told me at 16 that one day id have a conversation (multiple) with Peter McGough id have thought you were insane. His words painted a VIVID picture of the shows we could not see in person (yes kids, there was a time not too long ago where there was no IG, FB, or YT. We had to get results from these things called MAGAZINES.). A true class act!!!
                              SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                              2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Working...
                              X