Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Nicholls' son - 16, natty, and 240 pounds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Gymnasts and lifters seem short, if it was caused by the sport or they were simply selected because of their genetics for that kind of sports? I suspect it is an artificial selection, as basket players.
    http://betionastore.es/

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
      At 16 or worse still 13 years old the bone ends are still soft and lifting heavy can do some real damage.

      I started lifting at 13 and went all out as heavy as I could every workout and now I have the arthritis to prove it.
      Thats not exactly sound logic there. Not only does YOU having arthritis not mean that you started lifting too early, it definitely doesn't mean that this kid will. All you having arthritis means is that YOU yourself have arthritis.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by crazyswede View Post
        I see Chad's name and i instant go "heck noep!" to natural xD
        ^This.
        Last edited by Vin77; February 18th, 2020, 10:22 PM.
        "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post

          I also wonder if I messed myself up starting so young - at my tallest I was 5-8 1/2, while I have a younger brother who didn't lift and was just under 6-2 before he started losing a bit of height.
          I smoked socially for about 2 years in HS from 15-17. I am just under 6’. My brothers are both 6’2 and 6’3 and never smoked cigarettes.I always wondered the same re: smoking cigarettes. Dang it.
          "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Vin77 View Post

            I smoked socially for about 2 years in HS from 15-17. I am just under 6’. My brothers are both 6’2 and 6’3 and never smoked cigarettes.I always wondered the same re: smoking cigarettes. Dang it.
            Lol, no chance bro... You got the short end of the stick.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ape of god View Post
              Thats not exactly sound logic there. Not only does YOU having arthritis not mean that you started lifting too early, it definitely doesn't mean that this kid will. All you having arthritis means is that YOU yourself have arthritis.
              My main point is the bones are not fully developed as a teen and the bone ends are still soft. It's probably not the best idea at this age to be heaving very heavy weights around.

              My view is lifting weights is ok as a teen but more for strength and conditioning than all out power lifting or bodybuilding. Sergio Oliva Sr did not allow Sergio Jr to start bodybuilding until he was 18 years old. I will go the same road with my kids, in fact I would be happy enough if they never did bodybuilding.

              As far as getting arthritis there is of course a genetic component but it also true that bodybuilding is hard on the joints.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by crazyswede View Post
                I see Chad's name and i instant go "heck noep!" to natural xD
                The terms "natural" and "Chad Nicholls" are antonyms.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Vin77 View Post

                  I smoked socially for about 2 years in HS from 15-17. I am just under 6’. My brothers are both 6’2 and 6’3 and never smoked cigarettes.I always wondered the same re: smoking cigarettes. Dang it.
                  I know pregnant moms smoking causes low birth weight, never heard about it stunting a teen's growth. But maybe!
                  Muscular Development Online Editor
                  FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X