Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering a bowflex home gym. Anyone have some personal experience with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a bowflex home gym. Anyone have some personal experience with it?

I'm considering this model:
    https://www.bowflex.com/home-gyms/x2se/100334.html * check out the "meet Ron" Bow Flex " demo ( * LOL meet Ron! on a Bow Flex)

Looks like it might be some decent "joint friendly lifting" with the strength bands for resistance.
    Of course, once the gyms re-open the basic wts, machines and cables there would be superior?
    However, the Bow flex machine would give me a complete home gym with my good treadmill and cheapo elliptical .
    Thoughts? *thanks for any objective feedback.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

never had one . I was looking to buy (4) 10 pound plates today . and damn weights are going for stupid money on ebay right now .

Comment

Howard...if anyone would know about Bowflex it would be someone as old as dirt like you.
      Next you will ask about the Gazelle or fitness rider??

Comment

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fi...ars-past.html/

Comment

I am honestly getting some amazing workouts with my bowflex and some bands!!
          www.BradRoweFit.com

Comment

LOL , being old doesn't have to = bad * * but those vintage jiggle the fat belts were always goofy.

One of the greatest home exercise equipment = The Shake Weight"

Comment

Originally posted by swingslammer View Post
              Howard...if anyone would know about Bowflex it would be someone as old as dirt like you.
              Next you will ask about the Gazelle or fitness rider??
              How about these classics? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Rowe View Post
                I am honestly getting some amazing workouts with my bowflex and some bands!!
                Really? Care to elaborate with some actual training details on this ? 100% serious.
                If YOU can get a decent pump at home on a bow flex, I / we ,need to learn about it.
                Thanks and any updates on your training and possible contest plans would be appreciated .

FYI, this was a cool video with a little shoulder band stuff for warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

Really? Care to elaborate with some actual training details on this ? 100% serious.
                  If YOU can get a decent pump at home on a bow flex, I / we ,need to learn about it.
                  Thanks and any updates on your training and possible contest plans would be appreciated .

FYI, this was a cool video with a little shoulder band stuff for warm up.
                  Not sure if your on IG but i post my daily workouts on my story @BradBRowe i ordered the extra bars which gives a total of 410lbs of resistance. I purchased a rope for tricep extensions and back rows. I have prime The only hard body part to train on it is quads because i cant get my arm around the short squat bar attachment provided. Last week I just used the low handles and did squats holding the handles. The leg extension portion works great. I ordered a belt squat machine that arrived yesterday but with a little outside the box thinking you can do everything on it! The progressive tension is a nice change of pace and more focus on eccentric portion of the lift.
                  www.BradRoweFit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Rowe View Post

Not sure if your on IG but i post my daily workouts on my story @BradBRowe i ordered the extra bars which gives a total of 410lbs of resistance. I purchased a rope for tricep extensions and back rows. I have prime The only hard body part to train on it is quads because i cant get my arm around the short squat bar attachment provided. Last week I just used the low handles and did squats holding the handles. The leg extension portion works great. I ordered a belt squat machine that arrived yesterday but with a little outside the box thinking you can do everything on it! The progressive tension is a nice change of pace and more focus on eccentric portion of the lift.
                    Thanks Brad!

Comment

Originally posted by damien308 View Post
                      never had one . I was looking to buy (4) 10 pound plates today . and damn weights are going for stupid money on ebay right now .
                      Lol, train with your body weight, fill jugs of water and get some cans of beans like sister.
                      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

Lol, train with your body weight, fill jugs of water and get some cans of beans like sister.
                        Well, at least she's being creative.
                        Ok, on a serious note, I think we should all be grateful if we ( or our loved ones) don't get this C-virus.

1. Now is the time to do some "alternative training". For example, increase your cardio time or sprinting speed instead of lifting.
                        2. Start planning NOW to do some intense lifting when gyms reopen.
                        3. As contests become rescheduled, consider attending to show needed support for our sport.

I'll confess, I've taken BB contests for granted in recent years , along with working out in quality gyms.
                        No more. Once I can get back into the gym , look out. Plus, I can't wait to see a good show again.

Gives you some new perspective when you lose something,

Comment

After reading that message board I have much faith in the gym. I was thinking of Bowflex home gym and now I have decided to invest in one. Well, some of the doctor at a dialysis center in Karachi suggest me to do exercises to recover from kidney disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

I don't want to look like a sister. the goal is to look like a brother .

Comment

Originally posted by leslietomb95 View Post
                              After reading that message board I have much faith in the gym. I was thinking of Bowflex home gym and now I have decided to invest in one. Well, some of the doctor at a dialysis center in Karachi suggest me to do exercises to recover from kidney disease.
                              Sounds like a good plan. All the best for a full and speedy recovery with your illness.

Comment

Working...
                              X