natural bodybuilder question for ron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natural bodybuilder question for ron

I heard you and dr. T talking about the last day or two before a show. What did you do the last 2 or 3 days before a natural bodybuilding contest? I bought your book off of amazon I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by IronMan56; May 13th, 2020, 10:54 AM.

I would load water (2 gallons a day) AND salt from Wed-Thurs
    Stopped loading salt Friday and went down from 2 gallons to 1
    Cut water completely Friday at 10 PM and drank none until after judging Sat

One mistake I made was switching to distilled water Friday and eating very low sodium
    This didn't make me any harder, just flatter

I did load carbs, but in retrospect I would not deplete and load ever again. All it did was made me miserable for the depletion phase, it wasn't like I got crazy full or anything from putting the carbs back in after that.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Only 2 days of water and salt load, Ron? Most use 4 or 5 days.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
        I would load water (2 gallons a day) AND salt from Wed-Thurs
        Stopped loading salt Friday and went down from 2 gallons to 1
        Cut water completely Friday at 10 PM and drank none until after judging Sat

One mistake I made was switching to distilled water Friday and eating very low sodium
        This didn't make me any harder, just flatter

I did load carbs, but in retrospect I would not deplete and load ever again. All it did was made me miserable for the depletion phase, it wasn't like I got crazy full or anything from putting the carbs back in after that.
        I was given that advice too! LOL
        SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
        2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
          Only 2 days of water and salt load, Ron? Most use 4 or 5 days.
          Tried that, the body can't take it that long, at least mine could not. It starts rebounding
          FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

If you are in good shape you don't need to do much as a natural, just dry out a bit for a day before the show. I was afraid of sodium, I've seen it destroy physiques in hours.

Most people are flatter in the morning' we used to eat a steak late the night before. This was the late 80's early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
              If you are in good shape you don't need to do much as a natural, just dry out a bit for a day before the show. I was afraid of sodium, I've seen it destroy physiques in hours.

Most people are flatter in the morning' we used to eat a steak late the night before. This was the late 80's early 90's.
              I've judged over 50 NPC and AAU contests and thought the water/salt load>deplete thing was foolish.
              As Ron and others already posted, it isn't necessary IF you're lean and ready to go.

In fact, most look better at the night show finals ( then the prejudging) after eating junk and drinking fluids.
              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Ron's water protocol works I've used and will continue to use it. Why over complicate things

Comment

Yup I also made mistake of the distilled water and too high pottasium etc
                  *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Distilled water is a farce

Comment

Some of us avoided sodium in toothpaste for 24hrs!
                      Broscience before the internet was BIG
                      *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

I neither understood that about the weak mineralisation water. If you get tons of water and salt, the type of water you drink the last day won't make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                          I neither understood that about the weak mineralisation water. If you get tons of water and salt, the type of water you drink the last day won't make a difference.
                          Distilled water will dehydrate you in it's own last day major problems

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
                            Some of us avoided sodium in toothpaste for 24hrs!
                            Broscience before the internet was BIG
                            I knew guys who would only use plastic utensils out of a wrapper because they were terrified of trace amounts of sodium.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff11 View Post

Distilled water will dehydrate you in it's own last day major problems
                              I would rather not drink water than drink distilled water, lol. BTW, in Spain a few decades ago, many used distilled water for weeks before a show.

Comment

Working...
                              X