Number of Ads on YouTube Ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Ads on YouTube Ridiculous

The A lot of bodybuilding content these days comes via Youtube along with old videos from bodybuildings yester year.

What is grinding my gears is the number of Ads youtube are adding to videos in what seems to me to be an effort to get viewers to buy a premium subscription.

It will be a cold day in hell before I pay Google to watch videos that Google has had no hand or part in creating.

Google basically seems to have a clause that they own any videos that are uploaded and because of this they now what to charge us to watch our own videos.

Please bodybuilding find another platform to upload videos to.

I will stop using Chrome and Android because of this and also because of how these big government friendly companies are involved in spying on regular people.
    Last edited by Big Beat; May 19th, 2020, 08:08 PM.

I use Vimeo too.
    A forum without humor is like a gym without the iron.
    mewe.com/i/rubenmepschen

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
      The A lot of bodybuilding content these days comes via Youtube along with old videos from bodybuildings yester year.

What is grinding my gears is the number of Ads youtube are adding to videos in what seems to me to be an effort to get viewers to buy a premium subscription.

It will be a cold day in hell before I pay Google to watch videos that Google has had no hand or part in creating.

Google basically seems to have a clause that they own any videos that are uploaded and because of this they now what to charge us to watch our own videos.

Please bodybuilding find another platform to upload videos to.

I will stop using Chrome and Android because of this and also because of how these big government friendly companies are involved in spying on regular people.
      You want to stop using Android in fear of someone spying? Ok good luck with Apple then

Comment

Also, they are a business. How would you like them to gain revenue? Having a shit ton of adds on sidebars/topbars headers etc etc and make it look like some shit site from the mid 00s?

Comment

It's simple. Use an add blocker. Although if you value the content you're watching, just let the adds play and support the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyswede View Post

You want to stop using Android in fear of someone spying? Ok good luck with Apple then

I still have one of these in a box at home.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyswede View Post
              Also, they are a business. How would you like them to gain revenue? Having a shit ton of adds on sidebars/topbars headers etc etc and make it look like some shit site from the mid 00s?

Google's market value passed 1 Trillion dollors a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Donflex View Post
                It's simple. Use an add blocker. Although if you value the content you're watching, just let the adds play and support the channel.
                I didn't mind an ad at the start of the video and maybe one more during a long video. Now it is two ads at the start and and it feels like during the video there is an ad every 5 minutes or less.

Who decides on the number of ads? I thought it was Google that were putting in more ads to make there ad free premium service more attractive.

That London Real guy is fairly spamming Youtube at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post

I didn't mind an ad at the start of the video and maybe one more during a long video. Now it is two ads at the start and and it feels like during the video there is an ad every 5 minutes or less.

Who decides on the number of ads? I thought it was Google that were putting in more ads to make there ad free premium service more attractive.

That London Real guy is fairly spamming Youtube at the moment.
                  That's usually the content creators choice, not youtubes. If I see that, I just put the add blocker on.

Comment

Originally posted by Donflex View Post

That's usually the content creators choice, not youtubes. If I see that, I just put the add blocker on.

Any recommendations on an ad blocker? Does it block all ads?

Comment

Adblock plus. It's a chrome extension. Blocks all youtube adds and the majority of ads on other sites.

But again, if you value a site or content, enable the ads!

Comment

I can't imagine why anyone these days would use internet without adblock?

Comment

I like to give places like MD , Think Big Bodybuilding, John Meadows , Fouad's channel etc revenue so I always let the adds sail through a bit. Cost me nothing and I can go make a coffee.
                          *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by Fella Finn View Post
                            I can't imagine why anyone these days would use internet without adblock?
                            This!!
                            http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Squat Junkie View Post
                              I use Vimeo too.
                              Vimeo has quality content, but there is much less to see, they do not censor but it seems that it is not as striking or easy to use as YouTube.
                              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Working...
                              X