Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The gym I trained at in 1982 (derilict photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post

True
    Injuries and niggles don't always appreciate squats and bench press
    I think the main issue deals with the cost/benefit ration of continued barbell squats and benches , as we age?
    Bob Chic often says, once you've got the foundation built, you don't need 'em .
    Plus, in my view, the risk of injury isn't worth what little you could gain ( compared to similar machine or DB moves)
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post

I think the main issue deals with the cost/benefit ration of continued barbell squats and benches , as we age?
      Bob Chic often says, once you've got the foundation built, you don't need 'em .
      Plus, in my view, the risk of injury isn't worth what little you could gain ( compared to similar machine or DB moves)
      Last time I flat benched I did it for ego as was training with a younger guy. Not a good idea. 3 plates a side about a year ago. On tenth rep felt a ping in left pec. Did two more like an idiot. So close to a tear so nothing heavy since.

Only exercise I go heavy in is rows, but even go pussy on that on the smith. Just feel much more in control
      Also it's always over ten reps and this case was 20 dead stops. No gym for 11 weeks so fuck knows what I'd lift now.

*Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post

Last time I flat benched I did it for ego as was training with a younger guy. Not a good idea. 3 plates a side about a year ago. On tenth rep felt a ping in left pec. Did two more like an idiot. So close to a tear so nothing heavy since.

Only exercise I go heavy in is rows, but even go pussy on that on the smith. Just feel much more in control
        Also it's always over ten reps and this case was 20 dead stops. No gym for 11 weeks so fuck knows what I'd lift now.

Good for you ! I love the smith machine and find I can work harder on it , then a reg barbell.
        I always thought reckless behavior was DUMB. Of course, I'm guilty of a doing a few dumb things, but I digress.
        I remember reading about a frat setting their couch on fire at a college in Mass , after the Red Sox finally won the series in 2004.

LOL, it never dawned on me to set my trophy on fire and throw it into my car windshield after a show LOL.
        I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Working...
        X