Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were in charge ( Gov, Mayor, etc), what would you do? ( dealing with Covid pandemic*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were in charge ( Gov, Mayor, etc), what would you do? ( dealing with Covid pandemic*)

Obviously, I'm with the folks that want gyms open.
    But, I also understand the practical dilemma faced by our respective leaders on all levels.
    To me, it looks like the proverbial "rock and a hard place".

As the leader, you can:

1. Enforce/support lock down orders and get accused of ignoring commerce, jobs and personal freedoms.
    *This is the path most public officials have taken. This keeps Virus case totals and deaths lower but stresses the economic needs .

or

2. Basically ignore the pandemic as a public health threat and keep most things open.
    *This is what Sweden and Brazil have done and the Covid death totals and infection numbers are higher.

I don't have a good answer or ideal solution and don't know anyone who does.
    I've realized , we have extreme groups on both sides.

One extreme side wants to promote the fake pandemic view.
    This is a form of denial based on ignoring all scientific and medical evidence about the Covid pandemic.
    Imagine the growing protests if a GOV ignored large numbers of seriously ill and/or dead citizens?

The other extreme wants everything shut down indefinitely, until we get a vaccine.
    This view seems to pretend that millions are NOT dealing with serious economic issues ( food, rent, bills, etc).
    How long can a GOV maintain control when millions are hungry, broke and out of work?

Normally, I'd be hesitant to bring a non bodybuilding issue to this forum.
    However, since it effects us all, I think a thread devoted to this issue is needed.
    Is this a mini doomsday scenario and many are fuked?
    Is it more like a burning building where some randomly get out while others are left trapped inside ?

If you were suddenly placed in charge, what would you do?
    Last edited by Howard; May 27th, 2020, 03:55 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

I’d start by doubling and enforcing the Chinese tariffs.

Comment

I'd start by lining up and shooting everyone who tried to politicize this. Pushing political agenda 's instead of actually helping the situation.

Then I'd try to get info from non bureaucrats meaning government, cdc, who, the best in the world are not in the public but the private sector.

The biggest question is what are the actual numbers as per CDC instructions questionable deaths are list as covid deaths. Increase antibody test to create a true numerator and denominator.

Then I'd get brutally honest being obese is a true health issue. Should be looked at like smokers one cares when a smoker dies. It should be looked at the same for the fat.

I'd keep the at risk populations the elderly, the immune compromised and others who are at risk in semi lock down. Wait to see who has antibodies. Samples in Iceland and among the LA homeless so 50% non symptomatic exposure. Once those results come in we have a better idea. I'm an engineer by education and the science being thrown around is absolute bullshit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Griff11;n6924136]I'd start by lining up and shooting everyone who tried to politicize this. Pushing political agenda 's instead of actually helping the situation.

Then I'd try to get info from non bureaucrats meaning government, cdc, who, the best in the world are not in the public but the private sector.

The biggest question is what are the actual numbers as per CDC instructions questionable deaths are list as covid deaths. Increase antibody test to create a true numerator and denominator.

Then I'd get brutally honest being obese is a true health issue. Should be looked at like smokers one cares when a smoker dies. It should be looked at the same for the fat.

I'd keep the at risk populations the elderly, the immune compromised and others who are at risk in semi lock down. Wait to see who has antibodies. Samples in Iceland and among the LA homeless so 50% non symptomatic exposure. Once those results come in we have a better idea. I'm an engineer by education and the science being thrown around is absolute bullshit. [/QUOT
        I personally wouldn't shoot those with political Covid agendas , but it might gain popularity?
        I tend to think the covid deaths are a tad UNDER counted.
        If you die outside the hospital, it's unlikely you get tested for covid.
        Thanks for the thread input.
        Last edited by Howard; May 27th, 2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob S View Post
          I’d start by doubling and enforcing the Chinese tariffs.
          Import or export?
          Last edited by Howard; May 27th, 2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Import. If it’s true and they knowingly spread or didn’t give details or warnings about the virus, they should pay. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Import. If it’s true and they knowingly spread or didn’t give details or warnings about the virus, they should pay. Just my 2 cents.
              You do realize that it's the USA and it's citizens that pay the tariffs on imports.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1SR1UI

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that helps right now

Comment

That's why I added enforce. China should pay (if they caused the pandemic) and pay dearly. If the purpose of the tariffs is to simply pass down the cost to the consumer, it's worthless.

Comment

That's why I added enforce. China should pay (if they caused the pandemic) and pay dearly. If the purpose of the tariffs is to simply pass down the cost to the consumer, it's worthless.
                  I understand THAT, but, by definition) an IMPORT tariff = the importer pays the fee. Obviously, we can ENFORCE that US companies pay the fee.
                  Of course, the USA could refuse goods shipped from China, but, that would make our prices increase.

Trade is an economic factor. I agree that's important.
                  BUT:
                  What's the best way to deal with <1.6 million USA Covid infections now that it's a worldwide pandemic?

Comment

Most countries have followed a WHO-dictated agenda that obeys some powerful men. This is quite obvious. These measures have violated the constitutions of the democratic and supposedly free countries, making the world a totalitarian place, bringing us closer to the Chinese dictatorship.

There are a few countries that have decided to be independent on this agenda. They do not appear to have a humanitarian crisis and their economy is not destroyed. Some of those countries are Sweden, Taiwan (located next to China) or South Korea.

Although it is true that South Korea has violated personal privacy and took measures that in the West would be unacceptable. Well, they are Asian, in Asia Confucianism has influenced for generations, that makes them obedient and do not doubt authority.
                    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

In Germany, the average age of the deceased with the virus was 79 years, when the country's average life expectancy is 78 years... WTF.

Hospitals have monetary incentives to diagnose coronavirus deaths. Now, no one else dies from any of the other common causes?

When we will look at the real data, it will be verified that in 2020, in the same period and in the same geographical areas, the total number of deaths will be similar to any other year.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                        If you were suddenly placed in charge, what would you do?
                        - Do not establish an alarm state and promote fear and anxiety throughout the population.

- Look at the % of deaths in China, where the problem started, and check that of 1,500 million or more, only 4,000 people had died. OK, let's assume that the Chinese government can lie, so let's assume that 40,000 people were dead. It is still a ridiculously low percentage to close a country.

- Check that dead people are older and with previous illnesses, then, promote safety and prevention to that risk group.

- Children and adolescents are still in school.

- People with work, they keep working.

- Do not close any business, essential or non-essential.

- Do not lock anyone in their houses.

- Advise, but do not compel the use of masks.

- Advise sunbathing and outdoor sports.

- Advise on healthy nutrition and consumption of vitamin supplements.

- Delegitimize the daily news about infected and deceased in gross numbers and have a group of experts (obviously not associated with the WHO or the CDC) that talks about percentages and compares these data with other diseases and causes of death in the country to obtain a more objective perspective of the problem.

This would demonstrate the truth, that everything is a montage and that the goal of this montage is not the well-being or health of the population.

But anyone who did this all probably would never become governor.

Comment

Good points beti.. Agreed.

from the very beginning it should have been a focused isolation of elderly and the ill, all others business as usual.

what has taken place is pure stupidity. I have lost all faith in the human race because of it

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

- Do not establish an alarm state and promote fear and anxiety throughout the population.

- Look at the % of deaths in China, where the problem started, and check that of 1,500 million or more, only 4,000 people had died. OK, let's assume that the Chinese government can lie, so let's assume that 40,000 people were dead. It is still a ridiculously low percentage to close a country.

- Check that dead people are older and with previous illnesses, then, promote safety and prevention to that risk group.

- Children and adolescents are still in school.

- People with work, they keep working.

- Do not close any business, essential or non-essential.

- Do not lock anyone in their houses.

- Advise, but do not compel the use of masks.

- Advise sunbathing and outdoor sports.

- Advise on healthy nutrition and consumption of vitamin supplements.

- Delegitimize the daily news about infected and deceased in gross numbers and have a group of experts (obviously not associated with the WHO or the CDC) that talks about percentages and compares these data with other diseases and causes of death in the country to obtain a more objective perspective of the problem.

This would demonstrate the truth, that everything is a montage and that the goal of this montage is not the well-being or health of the population.

But anyone who did this all probably would never become governor.
                            I may not totally agree with everything you propose, BUT, it's a thoughtful list .
                            My main area of total disagreement is to try and stifle the free press/media.
                            The free press is the hallmark of any free society.

Comment

Working...
                            X