Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Did Breon's antics lose him 2nd place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Breon's antics lose him 2nd place?

Breon's pride was obviously hurt after losing to Bumpstead last year. His game plan looked to be to get as close to Bumpstead as possible, making sure that the judges could compare them. He clearly edged towards Bumpstead, crowding him a bit which meant a clash of elbows was bound to happen. Chris stood his ground, kept calm and continued to hit the poses.

Then

An official tried to make them spread out on stage. Breon then stretches his arms out across to Bumpstead. He obviosusly wanted space, but he instigated the lack of space.

Then

They swapped Breon with Terrence. This may have initially been because of the clash of elbows or it may have been just to give Terrence a fair comparison. I have the feeling that this comparison might not have sprung to the mind of the judges if it weren't for Breon's attempted crowding of Bumpstead.

---------

Also

Breon needs to have shorter hair, Reminds me of when Robby Robinson was advised against a big afro back in the 70s as it made his head look bigger and shoulders look narrower.

Also

Terrence Ruffin did the best routine of the night.

Also

If a competitor follows the champ around the stage, it makes the champ look like the champ. The winner never follows...

Also

Nobody else but Bumpstead could pull off the moustache
    *Brotherhood of iron *

Terrence had the exemplary behavior and the best pose, he is not beating Bumstead but the judges saw that he was deserving of the 2nd place, Brron thinks he is too special, and that strategy was against him.
    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

I recently watched Breon on Fouiads podcast, and he definitely has a chip on his shoulder and like you said that came across during the show. He said straight up that Chris won last year because “he is the opposite of me”, as far as his image and what not. Essentially he meant Chris being a younger, tall marketable white guy won him the show. That kind of thinking can never help.

Comment

You could put Bumstead on the front cover of a fashion magazine. That's the look the judges want. Classic has been made the ultimate boys pageant show.

Comment

Originally posted by Manhands View Post
          I recently watched Breon on Fouiads podcast, and he definitely has a chip on his shoulder and like you said that came across during the show. He said straight up that Chris won last year because “he is the opposite of me”, as far as his image and what not. Essentially he meant Chris being a younger, tall marketable white guy won him the show. That kind of thinking can never help.
          The truth is that last year it was close and this year it wasn't. Btw Bumpstead has been very cool in reaching out to Breon since the show. I'll post the messages.
          *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Here
            Very cool from them both

SmartSelect_20201221-075555_Instagram.jpgSmartSelect_20201221-075626_Instagram.jpg

*Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

nope, i don't think his behavior cost him, in fact it was good to see a bit of heart being shown,

beats the powder puff at 15 paces that goes in other divisions

Comment

I agree on the Afro I thought the exact same thing. Stupid move anything that makes the head look bigger makes the body look smaller....

Comment

I think what hurt Breon the most was George not being in the lineup. Breon and George are more of the the bodybuilding standard. George was done very well in the 212. Breon was an apple in a lineup or oranges. It's time for Breon to make the transition as well.

That being said Breon's antics did lead to a direct Bumstead and Ruffin comparison with put two very classic physiques next to each other

Comment

Originally posted by Manhands View Post
                    Anyone else find it odd that Breon did that podcast without a shirt on ?

Comment

Weinberger screamed " cut it out! " and immediately switched Breon for Ruffin.. let's look at scorecard to see if Ruffin won by 1 point or 2. I'm positive this had effect on outcome. Breon is extremely jealous of Chris' looks and height. He's not going to publicly say it, but subconsciously it's in his mind.
                      IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Comment

Originally posted by pemo928 View Post

Anyone else find it odd that Breon did that podcast without a shirt on ?
                        Yes that was strange ha. I also think the fact that he said he isn’t doing classic after this year may have hurt him. If any of the judges happened to hear that it very well could of.

Comment

I wasn't at the show and have no idea what effect Breone's aggressive pose down moves, had on the judges.
                          But c'mon , they didn't throw down and nobody got body slammed onto the judges table, so wtf.

If Steve W. and the IFBB officials want to ban Breon's antics, they could easily put in "disqualifying conduct" rules.
                          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                            I wasn't at the show and have no idea what effect Breone's aggressive pose down moves, had on the judges.
                            But c'mon , they didn't throw down and nobody got body slammed onto the judges table, so wtf.

If Steve W. and the IFBB officials want to ban Breon's antics, they could easily put in "disqualifying conduct" rules.
                            Or move him away, thus giving an opportunity (that was taken) to Terence.

I'd like to see Breon in the 212s.
                            *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post

Or move him away, thus giving an opportunity (that was taken) to Terence.

I'd like to see Breon in the 212s.
                              Good pts.
                              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Working...
                              X