Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Did Breon's antics lose him 2nd place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruffin looked great. Best poser in the sport. Didn't think Breon was as sharp Saturday
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
      Ruffin looked great. Best poser in the sport. Didn't think Breon was as sharp Saturday
      I was expecting Breon to look night and day at the finals like he normally does but we got much the same version.

Still impressive but overshadowed by Ruffin and Bumstud. (Not a typo, ha ha)
      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

When there's a great white hype, it doesn't matter what you look like, they're going to put him or her in. Bumstead is good for white business. He's white, tall, good looking, has a decent physique and has a legions of fan boys that follow him. The IFBB would call this "more marketable" and they'd be right. This is what Breon is a victim of. Last year he should have won no doubt. What happened is they switched the rules up on him. And in a subjective pageant such as bodybuilding, these things can happen. The IFBB found their "it boy" to market classic physique. On physiques alone, Breon is much more complete than Bumstead. I feel for Breon but he will never beat him again. Bumstead improved alot this year and I'd even be ok with giving him the win but last year Breon got totally screwed no doubt.

Then you have the subtly racist fan boys that love to go after the black bodybuilders when they don't behave in a manner that feel by attacking their character. "He's arrogant", "His antics", etc... When they can't attack the physique, they'll attack the character.
        Last edited by Wiggs; December 31, 2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggs View Post
          When there's a great white hype, it doesn't matter what you look like, they're going to put him or her in. Bumstead is good for white business. He's white, tall, good looking, has a decent physique and has a legions of fan boys that follow him. The IFBB would call this "more marketable" and they'd be right. This is what Breon is a victim of. Last year he should have won no doubt. What happened is they switched the rules up on him. And in a subjective pageant such as bodybuilding, these things can happen. The IFBB found their "it boy" to market classic physique. On physiques alone, Breon is much more complete than Bumstead. I feel for Breon but he will never beat him again. Bumstead improved alot this year and I'd even be ok with giving him the win but last year Breon got totally screwed no doubt.

Then you have the subtly racist fan boys that love to go after the black bodybuilders when they don't behave in a manner that feel by attacking their character. "He's arrogant", "His antics", etc... When they can't attack the physique, they'll attack the character.
          You are seriously going to.make a case for racism being the reason for his win? Have fun with that. Claiming racism for anything that fits an agenda in society nowadays does nothing more than diminish the true and unacceptable pockets of racism that exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestia View Post

You are seriously going to.make a case for racism being the reason for his win? Have fun with that. Claiming racism for anything that fits an agenda in society nowadays does nothing more than diminish the true and unacceptable pockets of racism that exist.
            This kind of thing has been going on since the days of Arnold. So it's not new. Joe Weider was about his paper. I don't need to make a case, this is the same ol' soup reheated. While it may not have been done out of hate but for money, it still is what it is.

Comment

Blacks have won more big shows than white athletes in the last decade, what the fuck are you talking about? Is Clarida more marketable than Derek, or Sarah more marketable than Shanique or Natalia, or Andrea Shaw more marketable than Helle?

Figure is also more commercial than fitness, and black girls are in the top 5, we have had a top 3 with Cydney, Latorya and Nikole Lewis.

Phil, Rhoden and Curry are black, a whole decade without a white MO, now we have an Arab boy who is not American.

And the new owner has nothing to gain in this industry, he's not Joe Weider or Pecker, so that kind of thing doesn't give a shit.

There are guys and girls who sell more, be they black or white or Arab.

I don't know about last year, but this year Breon was a long way from Bumstead.

By the way, in mens physique, in the last 2 or 3 years he always wins a black boy the Arnold and the Olympia, and this is the most commercial division. Your argument sucks.
              Last edited by Beti ona; January 1, 2021, 03:33 AM.
              http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Wiggs you are 100% right in saying that it has existed in the past.
                Chris Dickerson was the first black Mr America (1970) and many many worthy black competitors got placed way too low before that time (and probably sometimes since)

However, racism because Bumpstead won? You have to be joking right? He was the clearest winner of the whole show. Breon has beat him in the past when he was the better man onstage.
                *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Obviously this is addressed at me.
                  It is widely accepted that Breon was jostling, and making moves towards Bumpstead. The head judge even shouted 'Cut it out!' then moved him. He did it and I don't care what colour he is.It doesn't matter. Are you saying we can't call out the behaviour of someone if they aren't the same colour as you? There are battles to be fought, but this isn't the one.

Edit - His 'antics' didn't cost him the win. It might have cost him 2nd place. Terrence Ruffin was the one who benefitted.
                  Last edited by GeorgeUK; January 1, 2021, 03:41 AM.
                  *Brotherhood of iron *

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeUK View Post
                    many many worthy black competitors got placed way too low before that time (and probably sometimes since)
                    I believe that no one with half a brain can doubt that there were political arrangements at that time to benefit whites. But those racial barriers are been destroyed, I am not saying they do not exist in other sides of society, but not in modern bodybuilding.
                    http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

Blacks have won more big shows than white athletes in the last decade, what the fuck are you talking about? Is Clarida more marketable than Derek, or Sarah more marketable than Shanique or Natalia, or Andrea Shaw more marketable than Helle?

Figure is also more commercial than fitness, and black girls are in the top 5, we have had a top 3 with Cydney, Latorya and Nikole Lewis.

Phil, Rhoden and Curry are black, a whole decade without a white MO, now we have an Arab boy who is not American.

And the new owner has nothing to gain in this industry, he's not Joe Weider or Pecker, so that kind of thing doesn't give a shit.

There are guys and girls who sell more, be they black or white or Arab.

I don't know about last year, but this year Breon was a long way from Bumstead.

By the way, in mens physique, in the last 2 or 3 years he always wins a black boy the Arnold and the Olympia, and this is the most commercial division. Your argument sucks.
                      Well said Beti!!!
                      MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

I am certain that racism and politics were rampant for many years in the judging process. It's been a long, slow road to changing that, but I do feel the judging now is far more fair and impartial than ever before. Most of the time now the best physique on stage wins, no matter if they are a big name or not, have a big sponsor, etc. Ramy's win made me feel good about the judging. If this Mr O had taken place even 10-15 years ago, with the same top 3 looking exactly the same, the title would have gone to either reigning champ Curry (who was on - we all saw champs like Arnold, Haney, Dorian, Ronnie, and Jay keep their title even when they were clearly off their best) or Phil.
                        Muscular Development Online Editor
                        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Bumstead had the best physique in all classes this year, almost perfect and similar to the greats of the golden era such as Paris or Demey. With or without his antics, Breon would've lost title anyway because he doesn't have a classic physique but has more of a bodybuilder look, so I don't know what Wiggs is talking about with his "white tall marketable guy" stuff that Breon too has alluded to in his interviews as an excuse for his loss.

Comment

Working...
                          X