Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

When Jurassic Paul Stood Beside Ronnie, Dorian and the Rest!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Jurassic Paul Stood Beside Ronnie, Dorian and the Rest!!!!!!!!!

Crazy.......man!

1994 Olympia and 1997 French pro were I think Paul’s craziest looks.

He was phenomenal. Shoulder width was off the charts.
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Check out cameos in this from the late Mike Matarazzo and the late David Paul of the Barbarian Brothers - and you can see 24-yeat-old me at 6:39!
        Muscular Development Online Editor
        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

You were living the dream Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Big Beat View Post
            You were living the dream Ron
            Youth is wasted on the young - how I wish I could go back to those days.
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post

Check out cameos in this from the late Mike Matarazzo and the late David Paul of the Barbarian Brothers - and you can see 24-yeat-old me at 6:39!
              Oh man I must have watched that episode a thousand times on VHS.......Classic!!

Comment

People think I am being an asshole at times if I am not wowed by every guy who turns Pro these days - I'm not easily impressed because from 1991 on I was around pros like Flex Wheeler, Dillett, Cormier, Shawn Ray, Dorian, Ronnie, Levrone, Shawn Ray, Nasser, Matarazzo, DeMayo, Priest, Mike Francois, Aaron Baker, Ferrigno, Cutler, etc, etc. The 90's had the craziest talent.

Comment

I even directed this one and convinced Flex and his crew to come out to Pasadena to the World Gym I trained at to film it, since we had already shot his first video 3 years before at Gold's Venice.

Comment

People think I am being an asshole at times if I am not wowed by every guy who turns Pro these days - I'm not easily impressed because from 1991 on I was around pros like Flex Wheeler, Dillett, Cormier, Shawn Ray, Dorian, Ronnie, Levrone, Shawn Ray, Nasser, Matarazzo, DeMayo, Priest, Mike Francois, Aaron Baker, Ferrigno, Cutler, etc, etc. The 90's had the craziest talent.
                    In the 90's they were pro's, today every tom, dick and harry are one....or so the story goes.

If you don't me me asking what was Matarazzo like, have heard he was firey but a good bloke,

listened to one one his last interviews when he was waiting for a heart transplant and it really gave me perspective.

Comment

I even directed this one and convinced Flex and his crew to come out to Pasadena to the World Gym I trained at to film it, since we had already shot his first video 3 years before at Gold's Venice.
                      I really enjoyed that vid from back in the day, just a awesome physique that Flex had

Btw that women that was with Flex was one very fine looking lady.

Comment

Originally posted by taz devil View Post

I really enjoyed that vid from back in the day, just a awesome physique that Flex had

Btw that women that was with Flex was one very fine looking lady.
                        The way she pet Flex like a dog was a bit wierd though.

Comment

That was his wife Madeline, I think he is remarried now? Not sure. She was gorgeous and so tiny, looked like she weighed about 105

Comment

Originally posted by taz devil View Post

In the 90's they were pro's, today every tom, dick and harry are one....or so the story goes.

If you don't me me asking what was Matarazzo like, have heard he was firey but a good bloke,

listened to one one his last interviews when he was waiting for a heart transplant and it really gave me perspective.
                            I liked Mike a lot, he was a good-natured, funny guy. I was very sorry to see him pass away a few years back. I went to his funeral and it was heartbreaking hearing his sister talk about stories from when they were kids. Mike had a young child of his own when he died, sad that his child has to grow up without him.

Comment

Agree 100%. Thanks for posting a detailed reply on this , so guys like me know we're not imagining things.

The last NPC nationals I attended was back in 2008.
                              By then, the top guys in each class were decent , but most lineups lacked depth quality beyond the top 3 places.
                              Plus with over 500 bikini contestants pulling mini-suitcases , it totally changed the atmosphere.
                              Being there felt more like a Victoria Secret convention, then a bodybuilding event LOL

In recent years, the conditioning of many pros in the line ups is off.
                              In many of the shows, most guys lack the tight, clean lines and deep separation.
                              This trend really became obvious about 10 years ago.

For example, back in Oct 2003, I went to the GNC pro .
                              The top 3 guys were : Dexter Jackson, Kevin Levronne and Jay Cutler.
                              They were all shredded and looked amazing posing down during the prejudging.

Darrem Charles was totally shredded as was George Farah and Dennis James looked huge.
                              I could go on , but I left this show feeling pumped and blown away by many of the pros I'd just seen.

In 2007, I flew out to the Denver Pro that June ( also visited the Rocky Mt National Park*)
                              Shawn Ray was the main promoter and held it at the Wells Fargo theatre .
                              Kai Greene and Phil Heath topped this line up but many others were ripped and worth seeing.

I'm planning on giving it one more shot in 2021.
                              Since the Arnold is now scheduled for fall, I'll seriously consider attending .
                              Based on that experience, I'll decide on going to more shows.

I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Working...
                              X