Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Structural Problems in Physique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Structural Problems in Physique

I have a natural physique that is made unimpressive by bodyfat and most importantly a over relaxed core where organs spill out. There is a natural bodybuilder I thought had an unnattainable physique for a natty years. I never saw myself reaching that but when I was playing around with posing and vaccuming. I had the proportions that looked impressive when the guts stayed in. I just learned about anterior pelvic tilt. I got weak glutes even worse my core.

I'd need to see a pic of you standing "semi relaxed" : front, side and back to provide some practical , useful advice.
    But since you bothered to post , I'll offer some sincere generic feedback.

1. Structural flaws will be a bigger deal if you compete in classic (CPD) or men's physique ( MPD in board shorts).
    If you compete in regular bodybuilding you can build areas and pose to minimize flaws.

2. Ok, you mentioned something about having too much body fat.
    Join the club and I'll bet I'm fatter then you are right now LOL.
    For starters, try doing 30-40 min of moderate cardio , 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
    Plus, you need to DIET. There are plenty of great resources right here on the MD site about proper fat loss diet regimes.

3. Besides FULL squats, I experimented and learned to do a great leg movement for glutes, quads and upper hamstrings.
    It's the 1 legged step up lung squat , holding a DB.
    a) put 1 leg up on sturdy bench, hold something secure with 1 hand a DB in the other.
    b) now , push yourself up with the leg on the bench and keep going with the same leg for 10-15 reps

4. REMEMBER you don't need to look like a future pro to compete in the Jr div in your local NPC show.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
      I'd need to see a pic of you standing "semi relaxed" : front, side and back to provide some practical , useful advice.
      But since you bothered to post , I'll offer some sincere generic feedback.

1. Structural flaws will be a bigger deal if you compete in classic (CPD) or men's physique ( MPD in board shorts).
      If you compete in regular bodybuilding you can build areas and pose to minimize flaws.

2. Ok, you mentioned something about having too much body fat.
      Join the club and I'll bet I'm fatter then you are right now LOL.
      For starters, try doing 30-40 min of moderate cardio , 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
      Plus, you need to DIET. There are plenty of great resources right here on the MD site about proper fat loss diet regimes.

3. Besides FULL squats, I experimented and learned to do a great leg movement for glutes, quads and upper hamstrings.
      It's the 1 legged step up lung squat , holding a DB.
      a) put 1 leg up on sturdy bench, hold something secure with 1 hand a DB in the other.
      b) now , push yourself up with the leg on the bench and keep going with the same leg for 10-15 reps

4. REMEMBER you don't need to look like a future pro to compete in the Jr div in your local NPC show.
      I'm too fat for pics and I can't diet right now. I am taking in many nutrient dense foods for health reasons. I am trying to train harder to compensate until I can diet. My core and low back being week is why I lift sissy wieghts on some exercises and brutal on others. It discourages me to train those movements. But I have to improve my structure. I'll work on my glutes and core to be able to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by 2pacabs View Post
        I'm too fat for pics and I can't diet right now. I am taking in many nutrient dense foods for health reasons. I am trying to train harder to compensate until I can diet. My core and low back being week is why I lift sissy wieghts on some exercises and brutal on others. It discourages me to train those movements. But I have to improve my structure. I'll work on my glutes and core to be able to get better.
        I understand not wanting to post a current pic on a public forum.
        My current shirtless pic would be a great BEFORE pic on a Nutrisystem ad.

Keep us posted and at least you're working out and trying to make progress.

Comment

I don't understand what you're talking about
          http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
            Cliffs... OP has weak glutes, anterior pelvic tilt and a Possible coke habit??

Comment

"Cliffs... OP has weak glutes, anterior pelvic tilt and a Possible coke habit"

Hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by harmankardon View Post

Cliffs... OP has weak glutes, anterior pelvic tilt and a Possible coke habit??
                And Howard wants naked pics?!?!?
                http://www.facebook.com/michael.arvilla?ref=profile

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAEL ARVILLA View Post

And Howard wants naked pics?!?!?
                  C'mon now, let's keep our manly heated exchanges private

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
                    He's considering competing in MPD instead of bodybuilding because, (with his glutes), the posing trunks give him a wedgie.
                    His wife is sick of washing/scrubbing out the skid marks.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                    X