Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FitAdina's Blog Spot

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
    they didn't ask cuz then they might have to do something.....and they have already decided they can't "do what you do". It makes me sad when people decide that not knowing how much what you "do" brings to you and how much of a blessing it really is.
    One of my best friends weighs right at 400 pounds and has yet to ask me what to do. And I'm the poster child for the good things that happen when you lose! But she just doesn't want to know.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by connstellation View Post
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ~ Aristotle

      He must have known you were going to be here when he wrote this....
      I bet he'd tell me to shup-up...cause he can't think with all that perkiness going on!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FUTURE View Post
        In Life’s Garden

        Count your garden by the flowers,
        never by the leaves that fall.

        Count your days by the golden hours,
        don't remember the clouds at all.

        Count your nights by the stars,
        not by shadows.

        Count your life with smiles not tears,
        and with joy through all your life.

        Count your age by friends not years.
        Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
        love it
        Me too!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
          awesome blog today. My motto is "if you aren't going to do anything about it, I don't want to hear you complain about it!" That drives me nuts, I'll have a friend say that he's putting on too much weight and i'll ask the simple question, well, have you ever written down what you eat for a week and then review it? Of course the answer is no, and why would I do that? . . . It will show you all the answers you are looking for. A month later. "I can't fit in any of my clothes" My reply - "You want to come up to the gym with me? I've got a guest pass." Nah, i'm too busy, i've got stuff to do.

          I don't want to hear those complaint, they bring me down and put me in a bad mood. It frustrates me when I try to help and get igored. So, I just don't help any more. But don't complain to me because you know exactly what i'll suggest and it's something you don't want to hear. By the way, I don't want that milk shake, you know I can't have the sugar, why do you even ask? How do I do what I do? One day at a time. I watch the numbers I write down each and every day. The numbers become my friend that I miss on one of the few days that I don't have my note book with me. Some days it's hard, so It's not day by day, but hour by hour. A written schedule becomes a lifestyle and not a chore. It's nice to see that there are a few people out there that know what i'm talking about.
          You should turn that into a 500 word essay! Those are really good thoughts!!!

          And...yeah. I know how you feel. I have learned not to approach anyone about weight loss. I mean, Lord knows my thoughts are out there for all to see, but I wait for them to approach me. Because...they're not really ready until they do that anyway.

          Comment


          • even when they approach you, over half of them don't like what you have to say. It's ashame.
            Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

            Comment


            • Adina I get that same thing all the time from all of my friends (even the ones who are "bodybuilders) and family. I don't even take the time to explain it to them anymore. They should know by now. Then my mom gets pissed at me when I don't go eat w/ the family, and I try to tell her I can't have that junk because I've already had my weekly cheat meal and she says "Can't you just do more cardio?" Oh sure, because 80-90 minutes a day is nothing and I really want to do more!

              Comment


              • that's an awesome way to look at it. Equate that cheese burger to the amount of time and energy it will take you to burn it off. Next time, ask them if they are willing to go do the extra cardio. It's about priorities and choices.
                Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
                  even when they approach you, over half of them don't like what you have to say. It's ashame.
                  What they are hoping is to hear that you found an easy way to do it. I can't tell you how many dejected faces I saw when I told them I lost through hard work.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                    What they are hoping is to hear that you found an easy way to do it. I can't tell you how many dejected faces I saw when I told them I lost through hard work.
                    lol TOO many to count I am sure!
                    *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by richwa View Post
                      Adina I get that same thing all the time from all of my friends (even the ones who are "bodybuilders) and family. I don't even take the time to explain it to them anymore. They should know by now. Then my mom gets pissed at me when I don't go eat w/ the family, and I try to tell her I can't have that junk because I've already had my weekly cheat meal and she says "Can't you just do more cardio?" Oh sure, because 80-90 minutes a day is nothing and I really want to do more!
                      I think you just have to grow into that way of thinking. I USED to explain and justify.

                      Now I just say NO or NO THANK YOU. I offer no excuses or justification.

                      They don't have to tell me why they eat junk and don't exercise. I don't have to tell them why I do what I do. Only...they know why. I live it. They see it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
                        lol TOO many to count I am sure!
                        Girl...I have even had to raise my shirt to show someone I had no scars.

                        That was the saddest thing to me...because that is an obese person who thinks it cannot be done.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
                          even when they approach you, over half of them don't like what you have to say. It's ashame.
                          PS~ Don't forget, there are some who DO listen...so...keep saying it!

                          Look over in John's thread...we've got a guy over there named Richard who is really trying!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                            I think you just have to grow into that way of thinking. I USED to explain and justify.

                            Now I just say NO or NO THANK YOU. I offer no excuses or justification.

                            They don't have to tell me why they eat junk and don't exercise. I don't have to tell them why I do what I do. Only...they know why. I live it. They see it.
                            Yeah, I am annoyed and also amused when people are like "Oh, you're not going to eat any (insert junk item)?" Then I say "No, I'm dieting." And they say "Oh, is (junk item) not on your diet?" Good times. It never ceases to amaze me how much the average person does not know about REAL dieting. I like to offer some insight if possible, but most of the time it's a waste of time.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by richwa View Post
                              Yeah, I am annoyed and also amused when people are like "Oh, you're not going to eat any (insert junk item)?" Then I say "No, I'm dieting." And they say "Oh, is (junk item) not on your diet?" Good times. It never ceases to amaze me how much the average person does not know about REAL dieting. I like to offer some insight if possible, but most of the time it's a waste of time.
                              Yeah...like this one friend asked me about bagels. She told me she had just had one and asked if it was a good breakfast.

                              I told her my theory on white breat vs. whole grain.

                              I felt good about my little fitness lecture until she said, "But I didn't have white bread. I had a bagel."

                              Comment


                              • I think what people don't get is it's not a "diet", it's a lifestyle. The word diet usually insinuates that there will be an end to it. I'm not saying I never over eat because I do slip on occaision and the influence of friends and family are often the trigger. But for the most part I try to treat food simply for what it is - fuel. I have worked hard and been somewhat successful at breaking the social and emotional bonds with eating. I look at my activity level for the day and try to plan the fuel appropriately.
                                Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X