This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bracelet

I got an unexpected gift yesterday from a young man I have known for ten years.

Heís 13 years younger than me, but I treat him like a son.

I have no doubt that he loves me.

His friends even call me mom.

I gravitated toward him long ago, because I understand him. Both of us have fathers who left.

To compound matters, his mom was not in the picture either. He lived with his aunt and uncle.

I remember cooking Thanksgiving Dinner one year for, oh, about 30 people he had invited over. All the people he knew who had no place to go. We served that dinner on a stop sign he called a table. Yes, a literal stop sign! Theyíre bigger than you think and hold a lot of food.

But yesterday he gave me a bracelet. And even though Iíve known him for ten years, baked for him, listened to him, and tried to be family to him, he still felt alone.

And I know that feeling. Thatís why I found him in the first place.

But this year when I went to have dinner at his auntís house there was one small package with a tag that read: From E.

He had gotten me a bracelet.

He understands.

He finally gets it.

We are family.

Nothing has changed this year to make that happen. Nothing at all. Itís just that he finally accepts what was there all along.

What we need is there. Itís in us all.

Sometimes, we just have to make ourselves accept it.

And when I die, I donít care if I have on clean panties. But somebody better come make sure Iím wearing that bracelet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      For the first time ever, they both used their own money to shop and buy gifts. Micah gave me a $20 gift card to Subway! I don't know why, but that made me giggle!
      Awwwww!!!! I remember when I first started using my own money to buy gifts... nothing felt better. I was so proud of myself! Lol!

Enjoy your Subway!!! Yuuuum!!!

Comment

• What a wonderful story! I'm glad that he considers you to be family! This really made my morning.
        SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• awww great story

My only question is.. where did you get a stop sign ?
          *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
            What a wonderful story! I'm glad that he considers you to be family! This really made my morning.
            Well, you can imagine how it made me feel!

Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
            awww great story

My only question is.. where did you get a stop sign ?
            I did not ask...I figured I didn't want to know. He also had a yield sign and a few others. He grew out of that stage!!! I don't know what happened to those signs though! God love him!!

Comment

• I know you've all been waiting to hear the end of the Wal-Mart saga...it's important dadgumit!

I had logged in to the Wal-Mart website and sent an E-mail about what happened.

I did not go to the store this morning, because I was not to the point I could talk to them and keep my religion!

But while I was eating lunch the store manager called and asked what he could do to set it right. I told him I just wanted my stuff.

He apologized and said they should have let me come back and get it the day it happened, closed or not. He said he would call back when he had my stuff in his hands.

A few minutes later he did call back.

And I have my stuff.

And yeah, I logged back in on the Wal-Mart site and told them he made it right.

He wasn't the one who offered the poor customer service after all.

So...all is well!

Comment

• very heart warming story, it's obvious you have a lot of love in your heart to give out which is awesome!
                Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

I wear three layers and I STILL bounce! You should have seen me when I started jogging.

256 pounds...size 26....44DD

OH MY!!!

But I don't care...I did it anyway!

My, my, that is a lot of bounce!

Comment

• Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
                    very heart warming story, it's obvious you have a lot of love in your heart to give out which is awesome!
                    I think we all have lots of love to give...some of us are just more scared than others to share it. I am not scared, because I know I won't get to the end of my days and wish I had shown less love or less compassion.

And about that other....not enough duct tape in the world to hold down those puppies!

Comment

I think we all have lots of love to give...some of us are just more scared than others to share it. I am not scared, because I know I won't get to the end of my days and wish I had shown less love or less compassion.

And about that other....not enough duct tape in the world to hold down those puppies!

wow, I thought duct tape could fix anything

Comment

• Originally posted by rwidmarkjr View Post
                        I have tried to share it and well it didn't end up well. SO I am quite reserved about it now, haha. That was a great story!! You are truly blessed.
                        Oh...I have too. That's FOR SURE!

Think about what I told you in John's thread just last night. I haven't seen my dad since I was nine...that is certainly love that didn't end well. BUT...I can't let him ruin love for me. He doesn't get to take that from me. Poop on him!

And think about the bracelet story...it took ten years for him to get it.

Love...even the possibility of it...is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
                          wow, I thought duct tape could fix anything
                          Well...it would still be fun trying!

Comment

• Hello gorgeous!

I hope you enjoyed your holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                              Hello gorgeous!

I hope you enjoyed your holidays.

I did, Tony! I did! WOO HOO!

They were extra lovely this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by rwidmarkjr View Post
                                Oh, last night was a killer of love for me. Oh well, it is time for me to move on.........
                                You know what? You just need to love yourself right now. You just need to focus on YOU and getting the next chunk of weight off.

I know John was making you a program for the gym. Have you tried it yet?

I want to see you back on that ambulance so we can come see you! And while John is planning on ramming his car into a tree...I'm just going to smile and wave...and cheer, and hug, and do the happy clap!!!

Do it Richard...do it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X