Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FitAdina's Blog Spot

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by connstellation View Post
    Now the irony of this is that while you are in your comfort zone you may also be in the discomfort zone of a nasty training session that you're pushing through.
    Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
    My thoughts too!
    That's a good kind of discomfort! The kind that means changes are coming!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Steve G View Post
      I'm sorry, didn't mean to send you to bed without blogging.

      You write a different blog for each forum? ... copy... paste ... copy .... paste .... . J/k, your blogs rule! Keep them coming!
      Oh, yeah. They are WAY different. In my FitnessRX one I give a quiz every Friday and answers on Monday. Themes for the week...that kind of thing!

      I had let my bb.com one slide, but I got too many sad E-mails about it. So...I resurrected it too!

      Comment


      • Hey Steve....

        Here's my FitnessRX Blog o' the day, so you can see how different they are...


        The TIME it Takes
        I]January 06, 2009[/I].
        Before I won my battle with obesity, I saw things in a completely different light. Or was it darkness I was peering through?
        Whatever it was, I failed to grasp the concept of how little time it would take to lose weight in the grand scheme of my life.

        Yes, it surely did take me 2 years to lose the weight.

        But…I am 39 years old. That’s not even one percent of my life!

        It’s nothing. Not if you allow yourself to look at the big picture.

        I used to make charts and graphs of how long it should take me to lose weight. Thing is, I underestimated the time it would take by a long shot.

        I thought it would take one year. It took exactly double that. Two years. But y’all, I lost half my body weight. That’s a big deal. That’s certainly something worthy of my time, isn’t it?

        Of course, it is.

        Put those charts down. Stop calculating how long it’s going to take and just get after it.

        If I had it to do all over again, don’t you think I would still give that small percentage of my life to do it? It’s not like I wasn’t living during that time. I was!

        By the one year mark, I had it down! I was queen of my new lifestyle.

        And that small chunk of time you’re giving to fix your life? You may be surprised that one day you will view it as the best of times. The moment you rose to the occasion and made your whole life better.

        If no one ever told you, let me be the first. YOU are worth the time it’s going to take make this journey.

        Hang in there. I’m pulling for you…and will be the whole time!

        Until tomorrow!
        Adina

        Comment


        • You are a very brave young lady!
          Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
            You are a very brave young lady!
            I'm not brave!

            Comment


            • Brave.
              www.Breannemollman.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by figurebre View Post
                Brave.
                I look at more like too happy to be worried about the what if's!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                  Here's my FitnessRX Blog o' the day, so you can see how different they are...
                  You made some great points. That same principle could be applied to many different endeavors in life. Good stuff.
                  My journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=26461&page=64

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Steve G View Post
                    You made some great points. That same principle could be applied to many different endeavors in life. Good stuff.
                    Thanks! That one is all about weight loss, but I try to make everything have a double meaning. I'm trying to whittle away at the deeper issues that make people want to eat while giving them a you-can-do-it pep talk.

                    Comment


                    • Just wanted to check in. Hope you had a good weekend.
                      If you mess with me you mess with the whole trailer park.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by buckimscl View Post
                        Just wanted to check in. Hope you had a good weekend.
                        I did I did I did!!

                        What about you?!

                        Comment


                        • The weekend was pretty full up. Had some family in and that went like usual. Keeping the fun in dysfunctional around our house. Then I got to jump right into meetings all day yesterday from 7am until about 4:45pm. Today is back to normal and I am knida of back to work.
                          If you mess with me you mess with the whole trailer park.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by buckimscl View Post
                            The weekend was pretty full up. Had some family in and that went like usual. Keeping the fun in dysfunctional around our house. Then I got to jump right into meetings all day yesterday from 7am until about 4:45pm. Today is back to normal and I am knida of back to work.
                            I always think it's good to get back to my normal week after a weekend like that.

                            Comment


                            • We Are Brave

                              So… Bre and Teddy said I was brave yesterday, and that got me to thinking.

                              Am I brave? What does it mean even mean to be brave?

                              I looked it up in the kid-sized dictionary I had at hand. I always have a dictionary at hand. I love words. I love them so much that I keep a word of the day calendar on my desk. (The word for the day is cat’s paw.)

                              My little kid dictionary defined brave as ready to face pain.

                              Hmm…ready…to…face…pain.

                              Guys…

                              We’re all brave. Every single one of us.

                              We embrace pain as lifters. We relish it.

                              I don’t always have time to comment on the journals, but I read them daily. And I see bravery day after day after day.

                              How many of us post with excitement when DOMS set in?

                              How many of us train to failure? You bet that’s facing pain.

                              And what about cardio? Haven’t we all done that till we just couldn’t do it anymore?

                              What about making your first post on this site? What about starting a journal? What about facing the fear of the pain of rejection and making that first post?

                              Sharing the good workouts and days in a journal is easy. Sharing the bad is painful.

                              We are all brave. Every single one of us. Whether it’s in the gym or in our daily lives, we all face pain head-on every day.

                              And we are brave.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                                So… Bre and Teddy said I was brave yesterday, and that got me to thinking.

                                Am I brave? What does it mean even mean to be brave?

                                I looked it up in the kid-sized dictionary I had at hand. I always have a dictionary at hand. I love words. I love them so much that I keep a word of the day calendar on my desk. (The word for the day is cat’s paw.)

                                My little kid dictionary defined brave as ready to face pain.

                                Hmm…ready…to…face…pain.

                                Guys…

                                We’re all brave. Every single one of us.

                                We embrace pain as lifters. We relish it.

                                I don’t always have time to comment on the journals, but I read them daily. And I see bravery day after day after day.

                                How many of us post with excitement when DOMS set in?

                                How many of us train to failure? You bet that’s facing pain.

                                And what about cardio? Haven’t we all done that till we just couldn’t do it anymore?

                                What about making your first post on this site? What about starting a journal? What about facing the fear of the pain of rejection and making that first post?

                                Sharing the good workouts and days in a journal is easy. Sharing the bad is painful.

                                We are all brave. Every single one of us. Whether it’s in the gym or in our daily lives, we all face pain head-on every day.

                                And we are brave.
                                Very well written. I never really thought about bravery from this point of view.

                                Have a great day gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X