This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
    I'm here!!! Having a heck of a week so your stuff is definitely being read by me before I hit the road each morning. Yo have no idea how much it makes a difference. I am so glad you found us over here!!! My "real" family (i.e. my mom) is about to be relegated to non communication status. I don't need her insanity.
    Sometimes you gotta do that for your own sanity. I've actaully wanted to move back to PA for over ayear now but the thought of living with my Mom until I'm on my feet was too much for me to do. I love her to death but I can't have all the negativity in my life not to mention the crap food, smoking, whining, etc. I now have it planned that I will move directly into my own place...about 16 miles away. That way I can visit when I want and leave when I want. She won't bother visiting often so it's all cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ondrea View Post
      I love Adina's blog!! Just thought u should know! lol
      And I still love your Avi...you sexy beast, you!!! You look SO great!

Comment

• Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
        Oh I've already told Sergio he's hot. He's got a great build and smokin' arms. I got embarrassed when I told him he's looking hot but I could also tell he ate it up. His friend is hot too but doesn't speak English. I'm gonna have to give him something in sign language. LOL
        I am more proud of you every day!!

And...girl....you know there are many universal ways to tell someone they are hot!!!

Licking the side of his face might work?!

Let me know!

Comment

I'm here!!! Having a heck of a week so your stuff is definitely being read by me before I hit the road each morning. Yo have no idea how much it makes a difference. I am so glad you found us over here!!! My "real" family (i.e. my mom) is about to be relegated to non communication status. I don't need her insanity.
          You can never have too many sister friends....so....consider yourself part of my family!!!

I don't know if you read my gallery thread or not....but I will be 39 on Saturday. I have not seen my dad since I was nine. Bad familes happen to some very fabulous people.

And we, my dear, are FABULOUS!!!

Comment

• thanks sister!! I have a very full life with lots of great friends all over everywhere so it's not like I'll be lonely. It is just hard to give up the image of what my mom should be and face what she is. Especially when she won't do it herself.

I have about 10 surrogate moms in my AA family so I'm covered!
            The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

thanks sister!! I have a very full life with lots of great friends all over everywhere so it's not like I'll be lonely. It is just hard to give up the image of what my mom should be and face what she is. Especially when she won't do it herself.

I have about 10 surrogate moms in my AA family so I'm covered!
              I know what you mean. I waited a LONGGG time for my people to straighten up and just be people. They just never did! Some people just don't want to be well and whole.

I'm all about the AA meetings. My friend I told you about goes to Narc meetings about 4 times a week. I would love to go to one with him...just because it's done so much for him.

And...God bless your AA surrogate mothers! WOO HOO!

Comment

• Excuses

Its funny to watch someone squirm when they are trying to explain to you why they didnt eat right or go to the gym.

Sometimes, I just stand there in their uncomfortable silence for my own, personal enjoyment! Hey! Squirming burns calories, yall. If you think about it, Im helping them! There are numerous places I go that people feel compelled to tell me the second I walk in why they didnt exercise. Faces turn red. Junk food gets quickly stashed. Some days I swear Im the fitness police! And there are citations I could give daily!

But one thing rings true wherever I go. There are always excuses. ALWAYS. Theyre just never good ones!

Im eating this pie, because I didnt have breakfast this morning.

I didnt have time to go to the gym this morning, because I have to go to the dentist at lunch.

So, when offered up these excuses, I feel compelled to offer excuses as to why I DO eat healthy. Why I do exercise. I WANT to say.

Im eating this tuna and rice, because I like looking hot.

I did my cardio at 5:30AM this morning, because it was my only free hour of the entire day. And getting up that early was worth it to me.

I lift these weights, because I wanted to be a goddess at my 20 year reunion.

But who really does like excuses? Good or bad no one wants to hear them.

So listen!

If you feel compelled to offer excuses for your daily actions, you are not at where you need to be. If you get to the end of yet another day and feel the need to confess to someone about what you ate, or your lack of exercise, you are not at the right place.

I could go into a dissertation every time someone offers me their list of excuses. I could say, Look. I get up at 4:19 in the morning to do an hour of cardio. The last thing I do every night is pack my cooler for the next day. I schedule my cheats. The next one is next week. I use and enjoy every second of my day, because I have a body, mind, and soul that I worked hard to transform.

ButI dont.

I say nothing.

Because when you think about it, the reason they are offering excuses is because they know that I did what they chose not to do.

They chose to sleep while I was doing cardio. They chose to watch TV while I was packing my cooler. They visited with friends while I was lifting.
                The goal is this: live your life in such a way that you dont feel the need to offer an excuse for anything you did or did not do at the end of the day.

Life is just better this way.

Make it your mission today to have an excuse free day!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                  I know what you mean. I waited a LONGGG time for my people to straighten up and just be people. They just never did! Some people just don't want to be well and whole.

I'm all about the AA meetings. My friend I told you about goes to Narc meetings about 4 times a week. I would love to go to one with him...just because it's done so much for him.

And...God bless your AA surrogate mothers! WOO HOO!
                  you can go to an open meeting.......they would love you!!

Oh, and I was a goddess at my reunion too!!! It was AWESOME!
                  The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

you can go to an open meeting.......they would love you!!

Oh, and I was a goddess at my reunion too!!! It was AWESOME!
                    I could just go to one? I SO did not know that! I would love that. In fact, I would be all about that! I must investigate.

And.....it's hard work being a goddess...but some of us just have to do it!

Comment

• Hurricane Guidelines

Since I do live in an area that will be affected by the current hurricane, I put together a set of Hardcore Gym Hurricane Guidelines.

Adinas Hardcore Gym Hurricane Guidelines

Hurricane Category #1 No excuse for missing a workout. Leave earlier to allow extra time to avoid fallen trees and limbs.

Hurricane Category #2 Due to the horizontal rain, galoshes in lieu of squatting boots are totally acceptable and even recommended.

Hurricane Category #3 Whereas most of the area will be flooded, we suggest you avoid wearing flip flops to the gym. Again, galoshes are recommended. Canoes will be provided to get you from your car to the gym entrance safely without getting wet.

Hurricane Category #4 More than likely there will be no electricity. Given that, we will have candles burning at various places around the gym and would appreciate each member bringing their own flashlight. If you will need to eat tuna while you are here, please bring a manual can opener as well.

Hurricane Category #5 Velcro will be provided to keep you attached to your machines when the windows blow out. Dont be afraid to ask your spotter to hold you down as you do your bicep curls. If you are using a treadmill, please make sure you are walking against the wind, and hold firmly to the handrails. Walking with the wind will catapult you to the weight section of the gym before you are ready to lift, thereby shortening your cardio time.

And as always, exercise at your own risk.

Comment

• Nice

A storm would not keep me from the gym either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                          Nice

A storm would not keep me from the gym either.
                          Sadly...and this is true...I have been in the gym when the storm was so bad that the windows popped out and a section of the roof just blew right off.

Once I made sure there were no people hurt, I ran back over to finish my last set before I obeyed the, "Get out of building, NOW!" command that went out over the loud speaker.

But Gaxy...it was biceps for Pete's sake. I HAD to!

Comment

Sadly...and this is true...I have been in the gym when the storm was so bad that the windows popped out and a section of the roof just blew right off.

Once I made sure there were no people hurt, I ran back over to finish my last set before I obeyed the, "Get out of building, NOW!" command that went out over the loud speaker.

But Gaxy...it was biceps for Pete's sake. I HAD to!

I understand completely! I was in the gym a few years back in Michigan, and the power went out... we were told to go because it was unsafe since you could not see... but we could. The whole front of the gym was nothing but windows, and it was a bright sunny day outside. Sunlight poured in (there were a few areas where it was pitch black though.

They told us to leave... three of us did not go until we had finished our last set though. I was one of them And it was leg day, and there was no way that I was leaving on leg day, except hobbling out after beating them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                              I understand completely! I was in the gym a few years back in Michigan, and the power went out... we were told to go because it was unsafe since you could not see... but we could. The whole front of the gym was nothing but windows, and it was a bright sunny day outside. Sunlight poured in (there were a few areas where it was pitch black though.

They told us to leave... three of us did not go until we had finished our last set though. I was one of them And it was leg day, and there was no way that I was leaving on leg day, except hobbling out after beating them up.
                              Love the signature, Gaxy!

My gym is glass front too! Used to be a Luby's Cafeteria. I would say that it's poetic justice. But we're a hardcore gym, and that phrase would be frowned upon!

I'm smelling a thread idea in there....is there a thread where people share their own most hardcore moments? That would be fun to read!

Comment

Love the signature, Gaxy!

My gym is glass front too! Used to be a Luby's Cafeteria. I would say that it's poetic justice. But we're a hardcore gym, and that phrase would be frowned upon!

I'm smelling a thread idea in there....is there a thread where people share their own most hardcore moments? That would be fun to read!

It has been done a few times. They are somewhere in 'No Bull' At least one thread should still be on the server.

Comment

Working...
                                X