This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    It has been done a few times. They are somewhere in 'No Bull' At least one thread should still be on the server.
    I'm going to go find one and read it! Provided my electricity stays on. I'm in the middle of 50 mph winds. Should be 80mph in the next hour or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      I'm going to go find one and read it! Provided my electricity stays on. I'm in the middle of 50 mph winds. Should be 80mph in the next hour or so.

Stay safe down there.

Comment

• hi adina! hope all is going well for you down there today?? maybe you have posted this info before, but, i haven't seen it..................what kind of training program are you following now???? what are your current goals??
        I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
          I could just go to one? I SO did not know that! I would love that. In fact, I would be all about that! I must investigate.

And.....it's hard work being a goddess...but some of us just have to do it!
          anyone can go to an open meeting, we get nurses in training, psych students, wives and hubbys of members, friends too. It's only closed meetings that you can't go to and lots of meetings are open. If you get your hands on a directory it will usually state which are closed and which are open. You would probably enjoy any open participation meeting or speaker meeting. Book studies are very interesting as well-getting more into the meat of the program. Have fun and let me know what you think!
          The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

• My electricity just came back on after about 36 hours without. So...anyone looking for my daily post, I'll be back at it again tomorrow!

I did read MD and hand write Blog entries by the light of a kerosene lamp. It was kind of like Little House on the Prarie...only with a fit girl with no braids.

Now, I just have to get those thoughts typed!

I'll be back at it tomorrow!

Comment

Stay safe down there.
              I stayed safe, Gaxy! But let me tell you...I am happy that Ben Franklin put that key on that kite string! Thirty-six hours without electricity...I would kiss his corpse if they would dig him up!

Comment

• Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
                hi adina! hope all is going well for you down there today?? maybe you have posted this info before, but, i haven't seen it..................what kind of training program are you following now???? what are your current goals??
                My hot friend Kevin at ISS Research does my diet for me. We just changed it, and I haven't cleaned it up to where it's understandable. I will do that and post it this week. I'll post his picture for you here though, so you can see why I call him my hot friend!

Training...I do a five day split. It's time for me to change though. I've been doing the same thing for too long now. Hmmm...I'll work on that.

My current goals have more to do with my writing. I enjoy that more and more. I'm keeping a Blog on FitnessRX for women. I love that! I have a definite direction I am taking that.

My biggest goal though, is just to take as many people as I can on this journey I embarked on. My life is so much better after losing the weight...and I want to help people discover just how much better their life can be if they do it too!

Comment

• I forgot to attach the photo...here's my diet guy...hot friend Kevin!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
                    anyone can go to an open meeting, we get nurses in training, psych students, wives and hubbys of members, friends too. It's only closed meetings that you can't go to and lots of meetings are open. If you get your hands on a directory it will usually state which are closed and which are open. You would probably enjoy any open participation meeting or speaker meeting. Book studies are very interesting as well-getting more into the meat of the program. Have fun and let me know what you think!
                    You know...I have the guy I wrote the Blog about...but I also have this other guy. My classmate, Helper. He has been 12 years clean and sober. At my 20 year reunion he offered to help me and give me insight on my book.

So...I'm thinking...the friend I told you about, Helper, and now you...I must be DESTINED to go to a meeting.

I'm going to E-mail my classmate and get him to tell me about the ones in our area.

Comment

• Hunger

I started to title this Blog entry, ďNo one ever died from being hungry.Ē I decided against that as there are people in other countries who do. But thatís the thing. We donít even recognize true hunger. We recognize the feeling of an empty stomach, but that is just an inconvenience. Thatís not true hunger.

I like to think of that empty feeling as my body burning away fat. If Iím hungry and not immediately feeding that hunger, my mind tells me Iím dropping some more pounds. Just a little mental game I play with myself.

I have a good friend who needs to lose about 200 pounds. We have only talked about dieting once. In the course of our one conversation she said, ďI tried that diet, but I was hungry.Ē

And so I was thinking, maybe thatís the big secret everyone looks for to unlock the mystery of dieting. If no one has told you this secret, let me be the first one to tell you: THERE WILL BE DAYS YOU ARE GOING TO BE STARK-RAVING, GNAW YOUR ARM OFF HUNGRY.

Thatís the secret.

Some days you will be hungry.

It doesnít mean youíve done anything wrong. Think about a smoker giving up cigarettes. You donít think they want one the next day? Of course they do.

If you are eating over 5,000 calories a day and you cut it to 1,800 you will experience some hunger. Of course you will. Your stomach will shrink, but it wonít shrink over night.

But there is good news. If you push through it, it really and truly doesnít last very long. For me, and remember, I lost over 100 pounds; the intense hunger lasted only a few days. Moderate hunger lasted about two weeks. But at the end of two months, I was rarely ever hungry. There were even days I had trouble getting all my requirements in.

Learn to embrace that feeling of the empty stomach. Itís telling you youíre doing a good thing for your body.

So thatís the secret: some days you will be hungry, but it really wonít kill you. I promise!

Comment

• It is far too easy for people to give in to avoid being uncomfortable or inconvenienced. These are the people who lose their hunger for what they really want in life, and I would be much more concerned about losing the abstract hunger rather instead of my concrete phyiscal hunger.

Comment

It is far too easy for people to give in to avoid being uncomfortable or inconvenienced. These are the people who lose their hunger for what they really want in life, and I would be much more concerned about losing the abstract hunger rather instead of my concrete phyiscal hunger.
                          Well...Gaxy...you know I have to Blog on your reply now!

That was great. I love it!

Comment

• Yeah, I know when I'm being 100% on my diet when I am just slightly hungry at all times. If I ever feel "full" I know I've had too much and I'm off plan. I can feel it.

Still, I never thought about it as a positive before. This could be cool....

Comment

• i've heard some overweight people never had a "hunger pain" until they started eating 'real' food, and it SCARED them, at first.

i've also heard 'feeling hungry' is a good sign that your metabolism is well.

until i learned how & what foods to pack or have on hand, it was a SCARRY feeling to have a sudden low blood sugar attack with NOTHING to eat/drink.

I HATE when i have an unplanned "LO" while i am driving or training.
                              I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
                                Yeah, I know when I'm being 100% on my diet when I am just slightly hungry at all times. If I ever feel "full" I know I've had too much and I'm off plan. I can feel it.

Still, I never thought about it as a positive before. This could be cool....
                                Those inches that just came off your waist...thank that hungry feeling for that!

That feeling is not just a positive...it's your friend. Name it!

Mine is Valerie!

Comment

Working...
                                X