This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    So true. This is also true in our spoken word to others. It probably takes 100 nice comments to offset the harm done by one negative one. Guess mom was right about that one...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Have you ever been in the grocery store and bougth something for the kids...a half gallon of ice cream, a pack of cookies...and felt extremely embarrassed if anyone sees it there? I do. That's not how I want to represent myself. (Then again I don't want to be the tyrant who doesn't allow cake and ice cream on the kids birthdays!)
    I'm embarassed when I go grocery shopping with the husband. My part of the cart is all produce, lean protein, and steel cut oats or gluten free stuff. His....Hot Pockets, Stauffer's frozen meals, candy...etc.
    SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• I dont give a flying fawk who is watching me, they can kiss my bootay

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
        Nice post! I just hope someone saw the look on my face when I was grinding out the last reps of my volume training this AM!
        Now that I have been average size so long, people who didn't know me when I weighed 256 think I'm just this size naturally...so I LOVE being caught working out like that. They know I EARNED this size!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
          So true. This is also true in our spoken word to others. It probably takes 100 nice comments to offset the harm done by one negative one. Guess mom was right about that one...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Have you ever been in the grocery store and bougth something for the kids...a half gallon of ice cream, a pack of cookies...and felt extremely embarrassed if anyone sees it there? I do. That's not how I want to represent myself. (Then again I don't want to be the tyrant who doesn't allow cake and ice cream on the kids birthdays!)
          Sure I have felt like that. Because of the whole TV thing, I have had complete strangers walk up and ask me about what I'm eating when I go out or what I put in my buggy.

I remember that Richard Simmons said if he wanted to have a candy bar he sent his housekeeper to get it.

It's just part of being us.

A small price to pay for being FABULOUS!

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
            I'm embarassed when I go grocery shopping with the husband. My part of the cart is all produce, lean protein, and steel cut oats or gluten free stuff. His....Hot Pockets, Stauffer's frozen meals, candy...etc.
            And there is NO way he feels as good as you do!

I figure people look at us and know we don't eat junk.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitnFirm View Post
              I dont give a flying fawk who is watching me, they can kiss my bootay
              But, now, Kathy. Maybe that's WHY they are watching you!

The DO want to kiss your bootay!!

Put down the Hot Pockets and get the Ezekiel Bread.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                But, now, Kathy. Maybe that's WHY they are watching you!

The DO want to kiss your bootay!!

Put down the Hot Pockets and get the Ezekiel Bread.

Kathy is too good for Ezekiel bread. She feeds it to her dogs.

p.s. Adina are you a subscriber to FitnessRx for Women?

Comment

• Originally posted by LilSho View Post

p.s. Adina are you a subscriber to FitnessRx for Women?
                  OHHH!! I did the happy clap when I saw the new picture! YEA! Look at you!!!

We knew Kathy was sick and twisted! Since the dogs eat the people food I wonder...does...she...eat... HMM?!

I get FitnessRX for Women at Books A Million eery month. I should subscribe, huh? I buy it every month! I just have a book store fetish! I'm a dork...when I go and the new one is out, I get all excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by LilSho View Post

thats cuz it tastes like CRAP !!!!!!!!!! My pups love it with their chicken and flax and rice too Cuz they are special

I dont eat hot pockets ADINA Unless that is another word for snapper ?

Comment

thats cuz it tastes like CRAP !!!!!!!!!! My pups love it with their chicken and flax and rice too Cuz they are special

I dont eat hot pockets ADINA Unless that is another word for snapper ?
                      APPARENTLY the other word for snapper is Kathy....because you are SNAPPING at me and Sho.

We don't deserve that. We are bread sisters. Stop hating!

Comment

APPARENTLY the other word for snapper is Kathy....because you are SNAPPING at me and Sho.

We don't deserve that. We are bread sisters. Stop hating!

I have compost in my yard that tastes better then Ezekiel bread

Comment

I have compost in my yard that tastes better then Ezekiel bread
                          You eat the compost?!

That totally explains it. Your buds are warped.

Comment

You eat the compost?!

That totally explains it. Your buds are warped.

that is as green as you can possibly get

Comment

• Kind Words from Friends

I have a group of people I send an E-mail too whenever I have good news. I’m a big believer in sharing good news. I get lots of messages from people telling me what’s wrong in their life, but never sharing the good.

So the most recent E-mail I sent out was telling my friends about my Blog on FitnessRX. I was excited and I knew they would be excited for me.

But I laughed when I realized two of my classmates had done a reply-all. Funny because Matt lives in Arizona and Chip lives in Houston. Neither of them know pretty much anyone else on my list!

So, one by one my other friends were seeking me out to say, “Who are these guys?”

Matt has been my friend since 8th grade and Chip since 4th grade. And aren’t those the best kind? The ones who’ve known you for years, yet they like you anyway?!?!

But what struck me was how the rest of my list found it so odd that my two life-long friends did a reply-all without knowing the rest of my list.

And you bet there’s a valuable lesson there! Matt and Chip noticed something they thought was good and said something about it.

How many times do you see someone working extra hard at the gym, really giving their all, yet you don’t tell them?

How many times do you see someone and notice a change in their physique, yet your inner compliments go unspoken?

Or what about seeing someone you know is struggling on a diet proudly walk in and eat from their cooler while everyone else is eating pizza?

You never know when your words of encouragement might be the very words that person needs to hear.

In my journey to lose weight. there were times along the way that while smiling on the outside, inside it felt like I was hanging by a thread. And many times over it was the words of encouragement from those around me that joined with that thread and turned it into a rope that I was able to use to climb out of the pit I was in.

When I got stuck at 206 pounds for three solid months, you bet I needed to hear words of encouragement. Those words sustained me when the scale denied me.

And when I wanted to cheat, I would think of the kind things and words of encouragement that had been said to me, and I held steadfast to my goals.

And the really good thing is, the more you say the things you think, the more you start noticing the good around you.

Take the time to not just notice the accomplishments of those around you today, but actually comment on them. I guarantee you’ll have a better day!

And a kind word yields more power than you will ever know.

Comment

• hey adina. i recently found this thread and must say it is trully amazing. your words and motivation are what many need to start their day or even come back to when they are down or in their "pit." no matter if that person is trying to lose or gain weight we all get frustrated and need to encouragement and support. thank you for helping everyone and congratulations on your weight loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X