Clear All

• Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    WOO HOO!!! I FEEL THE LOVE............
    I love this site!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      I love this site!!!!
      great AVI.......

IT feels like LOVE IS CONTAGIOUS & it feels better to give LOVE rather than spread hate.

all the LOVE makes me think of the movie PAY IT FORWARD.
      Last edited by bndniron4evrgal; October 2nd, 2008, 07:32 PM. Reason: LOVE
      I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Comment

And your comment helped me today! Someone brought a cookie to my desk. My VERY favorite kind. A thin sugar cookie with the right kind of icing.

And I had JUST read your comment, and I thought there is NO WAY I'm having that when Miss Muscle just used MY words to turn down CANDY!

So...it's all good! We motivate each other on this site! WOO HOO!!!

Thats right we have to stick together!!!
        *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Comment

• Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
          great AVI.......

IT feels like LOVE IS CONTAGIOUS & it feels better to give LOVE rather than spread hate.

all the LOVE makes me think of the movie PAY IT FORWARD.
          That is absolutely one of my favorite movies! I use the phrase PAY IT FORWARD all the time!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
            Thats right we have to stick together!!!
            AND...we got keep the bad stuff from sticking to our thighs!!

Comment

• Everything's Better in a Pile!

How much love did you feel in this thread yesterday? I know I felt it!!

There are a few phrases I get made fun of for using all the time, and since we love each other I thought I’d share them with you!!!

This will show you the true depth of my perkiness!!!

If I’m really enjoying myself, I will say, “Ohhhh! I love this day!”

If I’m not having the best day at work, I’ll look at my coworker and say, “I hate your job!”

Or if I’m out with a group of my friends and we’re laughing and carrying on, I’ll say, “Everything’s better in a pile!”

And it is y’all!

And here is the good thing: to be part of the pile, all you have to do is walk over to it!

All you have to do is post in this thread.

Or walk in the gym with your head up, looking people in the eyes.

Say something nice to someone.

Or just choose to make yourself part of a pile! I did that yesterday. I read Miss Muscle’s reply to me. And that helped me bypass the cookie. Then later in the day, when confronted again, I thought about Girly Muscle not even having birthday cake. And Ondrea not even having carbs at all!

And by the end of the day, not cheating became a game for me as I thought of my MD Buddies!

Even if no one around you is doing what you’re doing, you don’t have to look very far to find a support group. Or as I like to put it, a pile!

And…everything really is better in a pile! Because when it all comes down to it, we’re all in this together!

Comment

• stopping by before I head out to Vegas....where a cookie will be the least of my temptations! Have a spectacular weekend everybody!!!
                The task in front of you is never greater than the Power behind you.

Comment

AND...we got keep the bad stuff from sticking to our thighs!!
                  Haha FOR SURE!

Comment

• FA,

your new avi is SLAMMIN.

OWW! (and whistles & cat-calls and such...)

Lookin hawt,
                    Anvie

Comment

• Originally posted by karenfromcali View Post
                      stopping by before I head out to Vegas....where a cookie will be the least of my temptations! Have a spectacular weekend everybody!!!
                      Miss Thing...I better see a report of this in your thread when you get back!

Comment

• Originally posted by HumanAnvil View Post
                        FA,

your new avi is SLAMMIN.

OWW! (and whistles & cat-calls and such...)

Lookin hawt,
                        Anvie
                        WOO HOO!!!

You made my day! And...of course, I was already having a FABULOUS day!

Now, it's EXTRA GOOD!

Comment

• I Do it for Myself

A gym buddy of mine was asking me about my training the other day. I was telling him that I was working extra hard, because I had some projects I was working on. He interrupts me to say, “Man, that would get old. Dieting for someone else.”

But that’s not how I view it.

I diet for me. I diet, lift, and train because I want to be the best me I can .

The hardest I have ever dieted was for The Today Show. I only had three weeks notice. The second I got off the phone with the producer, I called my hot friend Kevin to get diet guidance. As an added bonus, my twenty year reunion was two weeks after this.

My appearance on the show lasted all of seven minutes!

Two weeks later, the reunion had come and gone.

The grueling part of my diet was over, because those events were over.

And here’s why I say it’s for me…

I woke up the day after it was all over, and I was in the best shape of my life. And it hit me, I had not done the work for them. I did it for me. Because I wanted to find my all time best. I wanted to find my mark. The mark I shoot for when I am going for all that I am capable of being.

How many people go through life never knowing this? WE know it.

Twenty years from now, I want to pull out that DVD and those reunion pictures and show my grandkids that I had it going on!!!

Everyone has pictures of parties and family gatherings.

WE have pictures of….flexed biceps, tiny posing suits, magazine layouts, strong men competitions, chest presses and dead lifts, competition tan, and pictures with our favorite IFBB men!! WOO HOO!!! Go Victor!

And my ultimate? A set of before and after pictures that will forever remind me what it’s like to have a goal in sight and make it there.

Sure we diet for competitions and reunions, magazines and TV…

But as for me, at the end of the day, I do it for myself. Because I choose to, and because I am worth it.

And one day in the future my grandkids will giggle and say, “Grandma was hot!”

Comment

• Very, Very well said, ^^^^^^^^^^^!!

The reason you, myself and others succeed at this, is because we do it for OURSELVES....IMO this is one of your best post yet.

Those who fail..........Are usually doing it for someone else, or the wrong reason. When done this way, they will lack the determination, motivation and the discipline that this requires.

Thanks for writing. I may not always post, but I am always reading!!!!!

Comment

• I just got off the phone with my trainer... my show is 2 weeks away... And I was admitting that I am scared to death that I will be TOTALLY lost when my "pre-contest" diet/workouts are no longer a part of my EVERY thoughtand action.

He tell's me it will be okay... we will set new goals.

Then.... I stop in here, read your post and realize..... pshhh I do not need a pre-contest diet to keep me focused, I do this for ME! Not for the show.. I like how I look and feel when I leave the gym dripping with sweat.

Yes.. winning the show is the ultimate goal but in the long run knowing I am pushing myself to be the best I can be in the gym is what really counts becsue that is what is important to me!

You are ALWAYS RIGHT on with your post.. LOVE IT!

Comment

• Hey girl! Love the blog today! What your grandkids will be saying in the future needs some editing though. It'll be "Grandma IS hot! She was then and she is now!"
                                SnakeBite Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X