Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FitAdina's Blog Spot

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Water Glass

    Good morning, People!

    So here’s what I was thinking about today…

    I usually walk into my gym for my evening lifting session carrying a gallon jug of water.

    And yes, while at the gym, I will drink right out of the jug. And there are quite a few people at my gym who do the same thing.

    So I had a rather reserved man come up to me last week, point to my jug, and ask, “Why do you do that?”

    And I said, “Do what?


    He said, “Drink out of that. Why don’t you pour it in a cup?”

    “I drink a gallon a day. I like to gauge my progress, and this is how I do it.”

    This was the only answer he needed. He’s not into the lifestyle aspect of the gym. I knew he would have no concept of the fact that I drink a gallon a day.

    And I know he wanted to know about the container too, but he needed to digest the amount of water I consumed before he grasped the container! He’ll ask that later, I have no doubt.

    But here’s what he doesn’t know. When I get home, I drink my water from a champagne glass.

    Sometimes, we make this lifestyle a little more gruff than it has to be.

    I’m hardcore. I’ve eaten cold chicken and rice from gladware containers during breaks from business meetings.

    I’ve eaten cold, boiled egg whites driving down the road.

    I do what I have to do now, and I did what I had to do to make it to goal.

    But I forget that sometimes, I don’t have to rush. I don’t have to eat cold food. And I don’t have to eat standing up.

    It’s OK if I come home and realize I have time to cook hot, fresh chicken instead of eat from the already cooked supply in my fridge.

    It’s OK if I take my meals out of the Ziploc baggies and plate it.

    I don’t have to eat standing up or on the run either.

    I may be eating different stuff from everyone else, but I can eat it and enjoy it just the same.

    And that’s why that water gets poured glass by glass into a champagne flute when I get home.

    It’s hard to end your day on a bad note when you’re drinking out of one of those! You won’t guzzle it or rush it. You will be reminded to sit and enjoy it.

    If you packed a cooler today, I’m proud of you.

    But…don’t eat from it! Take it out and let how you use what’s inside add to the goodness of your day.

    Put that chicken on a china plate, because what it’s going into is worth it!

    Comment


    • thanks Adina!
      just stopping by for my "dose" of your medication.

      i have done ALL the things you are stating with such care & conviction in the past.............don't know what happened, but i am trying to get it back.

      one proud thing i can say is that i have not "relapsed" into smoking! that i am incredibly proud of..........now if i could just get back to my old "steady training" person.
      I'm workin on getting better K!!!

      Comment


      • Great point this morning. I have a girlfriend who eats her oatmeal right out of the pot she cooked it in. She says, Why make another pot dirty? I tell her because you wouldn't make your guest eat out of the pot...don't you think you deserve the same treatment? You're WORTH sitting down to hot oatmeal IN A BOWL at a table.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
          Great point this morning. I have a girlfriend who eats her oatmeal right out of the pot she cooked it in. She says, Why make another pot dirty? I tell her because you wouldn't make your guest eat out of the pot...don't you think you deserve the same treatment? You're WORTH sitting down to hot oatmeal IN A BOWL at a table.
          Says the lady who, like me, will drink the protein shake straight from the blender without pouring it into a shaker or cup

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
            Says the lady who, like me, will drink the protein shake straight from the blender without pouring it into a shaker or cup
            Hush!

            True if all the big cups are dirty.


            I used to have big fancy goblets and colored straws for my protein shakes.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
              Great point this morning. I have a girlfriend who eats her oatmeal right out of the pot she cooked it in. She says, Why make another pot dirty? I tell her because you wouldn't make your guest eat out of the pot...don't you think you deserve the same treatment? You're WORTH sitting down to hot oatmeal IN A BOWL at a table.

              Goooood point, I eat my eggs every morning out of the skillet while I am cutting up my grapefruit and packing my lunch bag for the day I just grab a bite every few min.

              It would be nice to sit down and actually enjoy them once in a while.
              *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
                thanks Adina!
                just stopping by for my "dose" of your medication.

                i have done ALL the things you are stating with such care & conviction in the past.............don't know what happened, but i am trying to get it back.

                one proud thing i can say is that i have not "relapsed" into smoking! that i am incredibly proud of..........now if i could just get back to my old "steady training" person.
                Girl! You CAN get it back. You can. You can!!!!

                But...I am WAY proud of your for giving up smoking. That makes a better life for sure!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                  Says the lady who, like me, will drink the protein shake straight from the blender without pouring it into a shaker or cup
                  Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
                  Hush!

                  True if all the big cups are dirty.


                  I used to have big fancy goblets and colored straws for my protein shakes.

                  Y'all made me laugh. Do I need to separate you two?!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
                    Goooood point, I eat my eggs every morning out of the skillet while I am cutting up my grapefruit and packing my lunch bag for the day I just grab a bite every few min.

                    It would be nice to sit down and actually enjoy them once in a while.
                    We're just all going to work on this together!

                    Comment


                    • i just want to say you are so wonderful. you are so inspirational and supportive to everyone. love ya!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ondrea View Post
                        i just want to say you are so wonderful. you are so inspirational and supportive to everyone. love ya!
                        YEA! Happy message! Love you too!

                        And you know...when I was losing...I had SO many people help me for absolutely nothing. And I didn't even have to ask. They just saw how hard I was working to make changes and got excited for me.

                        And, of course none of them need my help...so...all I can do is pay it forward!

                        Comment


                        • Things Broken Become Stronger

                          I was reminded of something yesterday…

                          When you take the time to heal and rebuild what is broken, it comes back stronger.

                          I was actually thinking about the way our muscles grow.

                          We tear them down every single time we lift.

                          But then we eat what we need to and rest and then come back stronger and better.

                          Broken bones are this way. That spot where the bone comes back together is just a strong as it was before, given proper healing time.

                          And just try to break something along the glue line. If you break something and glue it back together, that very spot it was at its weakest becomes the strongest point.

                          But if we stopped lifting the moment we felt pain, we would never grow.

                          And if we didn’t put a cast on a broken leg, it would become useless.

                          And what good would a broken vase be if the parts were not glued back together?

                          And somebody go find ChicagoGirl, because this one’s for her…

                          And how would a broken heart mend if we don’t treat it as good as we treat our healing muscles?

                          We may not lift with our hearts, but it bears the weight of our souls.

                          It just takes time to build those little bridges like the ones we build when we make our muscles stronger.

                          And rest.

                          And…OK…maybe one serving of comfort food!

                          But things broken come back stronger.

                          And that is a good thing. A blessing in disguise.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                            Y'all made me laugh. Do I need to separate you two?!
                            What?? What did we do?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                              What?? What did we do?
                              I was just rattling your cage, Gaxy!

                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                                I was reminded of something yesterday…

                                When you take the time to heal and rebuild what is broken, it comes back stronger.

                                I was actually thinking about the way our muscles grow.

                                We tear them down every single time we lift.

                                But then we eat what we need to and rest and then come back stronger and better.

                                Broken bones are this way. That spot where the bone comes back together is just a strong as it was before, given proper healing time.

                                And just try to break something along the glue line. If you break something and glue it back together, that very spot it was at its weakest becomes the strongest point.

                                But if we stopped lifting the moment we felt pain, we would never grow.

                                And if we didn’t put a cast on a broken leg, it would become useless.

                                And what good would a broken vase be if the parts were not glued back together?

                                And somebody go find ChicagoGirl, because this one’s for her…

                                And how would a broken heart mend if we don’t treat it as good as we treat our healing muscles?

                                We may not lift with our hearts, but it bears the weight of our souls.

                                It just takes time to build those little bridges like the ones we build when we make our muscles stronger.

                                And rest.

                                And…OK…maybe one serving of comfort food!

                                But things broken come back stronger.

                                And that is a good thing. A blessing in disguise.
                                I'm here, I'm here!!! OMG. How about I started reading it and the first line "Things broken come back stronger" made me tear up. Then I see you calling for me and tears started streaming out of my eyes!! YOU ARE SOOOO SWEET! Such a genuinely good person.

                                That is why I love this site. It is filled with such amazing women. Second to none.

                                You have truly helped me. You really have. When I come across quotes, thoughts, etc, that mean something to me I save them into a Word document to re read when I need it. What you wrote is soooooo going in there!

                                Sweet dreams baby girl!! And thank you from the very bottom of my heart!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X