This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChicagoGirl View Post
    I'm here, I'm here!!! OMG. How about I started reading it and the first line "Things broken come back stronger" made me tear up. Then I see you calling for me and tears started streaming out of my eyes!! YOU ARE SOOOO SWEET! Such a genuinely good person.

That is why I love this site. It is filled with such amazing women. Second to none.

You have truly helped me. You really have. When I come across quotes, thoughts, etc, that mean something to me I save them into a Word document to re read when I need it. What you wrote is soooooo going in there!

Sweet dreams baby girl!! And thank you from the very bottom of my heart!
    These forums really are the best!

And...girl...I just had you on my mind...and I guess you can tell that writing is the way I express myself!

And....I keep a list of quotes too!!!! YEA!!!

I love going back to them...especially when it's been long enough I've forgotten some of them!

Comment

• Guys at the Gym

I have to tell you about a group of guys from my gym…

There are these three guys who workout together. I suppose they would be in their very young 20’s, but I am not exactly sure.

But they always talk a big game. Well…they try to.

If I actually walk over to them, they giggle like little boys!

But from a distance, they are TOUGH! God love them!!

But not so long ago, one of them was feeling particularly brave…and he waved at me. Not a manly wave, mind you. More like a dainty little finger twiddle from across the room.

The kind of wave that makes you go, “I don’t THINK he’s gay.”

But it was the reaction of his two buddies that caught me off guard.

One of them yanks off his lifting gloves, slaps him on the shoulder with it, and says, “Man, what’d you go and do THAT for?”

Simultaneously, the other pushes him and says, “Man, you done gone and RUINED EVERYTHING.”

HMMMM

And, well…HMMMM?!?!?

I don’t know what “everything” was, but whatever it was, is now RUINED. Not ruined, but RUINED.

And I am not sure what their plans were, but they learned a valuable lesson: some things can’t be done in a group!

So many people tell me they can’t diet like I did, because their spouse won’t do it with them.

Some tell me they can’t go to the gym, because they can’t find a partner.

Can’t find a spotter.

No one at work is eating clean.

No one supports them.

Kind of makes me want to yank off my lifting glove and slap some sense into some people!

Only I can’t…because I don’t have a partner to hold the other glove while I do the slapping.

Anybody care to be my partner?

Comment

• Hand me that glove!

Here's one of my favorite excuses. People will say they couldn't stick to their nutrition plan (I like that word better than DIET) because of whatever....My Mom was in the hospital all week and I just couldn't. It was my kid's birthday and well, I had to have cake and ice cream. I moved last weekend and well...

That's when I want to take my glove off and slap them. I wanna say, Look, you're gonna have to eat right? Does it really take that much more effort to pick up an apple and bite into it as it does a candy bar? Or how hard is it to order your McChicken grilled with no sauce and skip the fries?

Healthy alternatives are everywhere these days. When I can walk into a gas station and find hard boiled eggs in the sandwich case and fresh fruit on the counter is it really that difficult to pick that up instead of the candy bar and slurpee? Hell, these days you can find ready to eat foods anywhere......everywhere.

So skip the excuses. You CHOOSE what goes in your mouth every single time you eat. When you go off plan the only excuse is you chose to do so. Own up.

Rant over. heehee

Comment

• When I mention diet to people, people think of eating salad and basically starving themselves, and then when I correct them, and give them the textbook dictionary definition of the word, and examples... you know, I used to wonder why people looked at me like I was crazy and out of touch with everything "normal".

Oh well... that is just me 20+ years of martial arts, hard at work. Discipline and dedication as far as the eye can see. It is not my fault that others do not have it!

Comment

• Morning Gorgeous!

I've loved the posts the last few days, just LOVED them! You're doing a wonderful service to all of us who read these and I just want to say thank you again!

Oh... and the word Diet? The Latin translation for Diet is Way Of Life.
            SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
              Morning Gorgeous!

I've loved the posts the last few days, just LOVED them! You're doing a wonderful service to all of us who read these and I just want to say thank you again!

Noted. I will work that into my little speeches, and further alienate people

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                I've done the same thing...I still love you though! A little kick in the butt never hurt anyone.
                SnakeBite Racing

Comment

My friend and I called her "diet" a liftstyle change.. and we thought we were original in calling it that...

looks like we are a few steps behind huh? lol

Love the post's as always!!
                  *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                    I have to tell you about a group of guys from my gym…

There are these three guys who workout together. I suppose they would be in their very young 20’s, but I am not exactly sure.

But they always talk a big game. Well…they try to.

If I actually walk over to them, they giggle like little boys!

But from a distance, they are TOUGH! God love them!!

But not so long ago, one of them was feeling particularly brave…and he waved at me. Not a manly wave, mind you. More like a dainty little finger twiddle from across the room.

The kind of wave that makes you go, “I don’t THINK he’s gay.”

But it was the reaction of his two buddies that caught me off guard.

One of them yanks off his lifting gloves, slaps him on the shoulder with it, and says, “Man, what’d you go and do THAT for?”

Simultaneously, the other pushes him and says, “Man, you done gone and RUINED EVERYTHING.”

HMMMM

And, well…HMMMM?!?!?

I don’t know what “everything” was, but whatever it was, is now RUINED. Not ruined, but RUINED.

And I am not sure what their plans were, but they learned a valuable lesson: some things can’t be done in a group!

So many people tell me they can’t diet like I did, because their spouse won’t do it with them.

Some tell me they can’t go to the gym, because they can’t find a partner.

Can’t find a spotter.

No one at work is eating clean.

No one supports them.

Kind of makes me want to yank off my lifting glove and slap some sense into some people!

Only I can’t…because I don’t have a partner to hold the other glove while I do the slapping.

Anybody care to be my partner?
                    Your observations are amazing AND true. In their own weakness it is easier for someone to blame others than be accountable to them themselves.
                    The problem is, most cannot be honest with themselves. So they find an outlet, and/or makeup excuses....

As for the guy(s) with the not so manly wave, well.............Clueless!!

Your post is awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
                      Hand me that glove!

Here's one of my favorite excuses. People will say they couldn't stick to their nutrition plan (I like that word better than DIET) because of whatever....My Mom was in the hospital all week and I just couldn't. It was my kid's birthday and well, I had to have cake and ice cream. I moved last weekend and well...

That's when I want to take my glove off and slap them. I wanna say, Look, you're gonna have to eat right? Does it really take that much more effort to pick up an apple and bite into it as it does a candy bar? Or how hard is it to order your McChicken grilled with no sauce and skip the fries?

Healthy alternatives are everywhere these days. When I can walk into a gas station and find hard boiled eggs in the sandwich case and fresh fruit on the counter is it really that difficult to pick that up instead of the candy bar and slurpee? Hell, these days you can find ready to eat foods anywhere......everywhere.

So skip the excuses. You CHOOSE what goes in your mouth every single time you eat. When you go off plan the only excuse is you chose to do so. Own up.

Rant over. heehee
                      Keep ranting, sister friend...because it's ALL true!!!

And all those excuses people use...they are just compounding bad eating on top of whatever else is going on.

Comment

Morning Gorgeous!

I couldn't read whatever else you wrote, because all I could see was that you called me GORGEOUS! And that made me do the happy clap and say WOO HOO!!!

And...you know...I feel like I get much more than I give from...well...this whole site!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
                          You don't want to be mixed in with the others anyway. You know you don't!!!

By the way...you must clear this up.

My younger son was watching me type last night.

I say is a boy hiney. He says it's a girl. Which is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
                            My friend and I called her "diet" a liftstyle change.. and we thought we were original in calling it that...

looks like we are a few steps behind huh? lol

Love the post's as always!!
                            If she views it as a diet...she thinks she gets to go back to her old ways once she reaches goal.

So...WOO HOO! Yea for lifestyle change...that is what it takes!

Comment

• Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                              Your observations are amazing AND true. In their own weakness it is easier for someone to blame others than be accountable to them themselves.
                              The problem is, most cannot be honest with themselves. So they find an outlet, and/or makeup excuses....

As for the guy(s) with the not so manly wave, well.............Clueless!!

Your post is awesome!
                              For more years than I care to admit, I blamed others. My dad leaving our family, my mom not having healthy food around.

But it had to click one day that I was sure looking like a woman who could not deal with life...and I had to stop it, fess up, and move on.

And...here I am! WOO HOO!

And...really...that guy...God love him. NO GAME. NO GAME AT ALL!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                                You don't want to be mixed in with the others anyway. You know you don't!!!

By the way...you must clear this up.

My younger son was watching me type last night.

I say is a boy hiney. He says it's a girl. Which is it?
                                Um... probably a male??

Comment

Working...
                                X