This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    The marriage trained me well part... that was just a joke, you know...

As for the other question...

She was cute when she wanted to be, though.
    I'm going to need you to approve all future female choices with me or one of the other ladies from the boards.

We may form a committee. I know Girly Muscle would be on it...

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      I'm going to need you to approve all future female choices with me or one of the other ladies from the boards.

We may form a committee. I know Girly Muscle would be on it...

That is fine. I can live with that.

Comment

• Party Time!

Good morning, People!!!

I’m going to a Halloween party this weekend, so while parties are on my mind, I thought we’d talk about them!

I went to a party about two weekends ago.

Sometimes when you go to parties, you see people that you think, “Whoa, what happened since the last time I saw you?” And you are reminded why you are not going to eat party food.

But this last time….

I walked in the door and someone said they had seen me on The Today Show. And she was just all beaming and happy about it. She even asked if I would help her make a plan. And of course, I told her I would be more than happy to.

But it was a few minutes later that I noticed people were watching me as I headed toward the buffet line.

You have to remember, I live in a very small town. Population 6,667!

See… Small. TINY!! Everyone is ALL up in my business!!!

It was a wedding reception, and the dinner was being served buffet-style. A Mexican food buffet.
        But I looked up as I was fixing my plate to see the woman who had approached me as I walked through the door. She tells me, “I’m just looking at what you’re getting. I’m going to have what you have.”

Now, she didn’t know I had done extra cardio and saved calories for this event, nor did she know I had not had a cheat meal in two weeks. All she knew was that I had lost weight, and she was willing to do what I did, even if just for that moment.

And so I put on my best diet face, and I fixed the plate of food I would want her to have. And she really did get EXACTLY what I got.

And a magical thing happened. Twenty minutes after I ate, which was not what I planned to eat that night, I was full. And I went on about my party, cheat-free.

I saved that cheat meal for another day, because it was more important to show somebody struggling what it takes. Certainly more important than me getting to eat a few chips.

And it was a good reminder for me that this IS a lifestyle, and people ARE watching me to see that.

I took one for the team…but that just means team fitness is up one!

I bet those chips were stale anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
          Good morning, People!!!

I’m going to a Halloween party this weekend, so while parties are on my mind, I thought we’d talk about them!

I went to a party about two weekends ago.

Sometimes when you go to parties, you see people that you think, “Whoa, what happened since the last time I saw you?” And you are reminded why you are not going to eat party food.

But this last time….

I walked in the door and someone said they had seen me on The Today Show. And she was just all beaming and happy about it. She even asked if I would help her make a plan. And of course, I told her I would be more than happy to.

But it was a few minutes later that I noticed people were watching me as I headed toward the buffet line.

You have to remember, I live in a very small town. Population 6,667!

See… Small. TINY!! Everyone is ALL up in my business!!!

It was a wedding reception, and the dinner was being served buffet-style. A Mexican food buffet.
          But I looked up as I was fixing my plate to see the woman who had approached me as I walked through the door. She tells me, “I’m just looking at what you’re getting. I’m going to have what you have.”

Now, she didn’t know I had done extra cardio and saved calories for this event, nor did she know I had not had a cheat meal in two weeks. All she knew was that I had lost weight, and she was willing to do what I did, even if just for that moment.

And so I put on my best diet face, and I fixed the plate of food I would want her to have. And she really did get EXACTLY what I got.

And a magical thing happened. Twenty minutes after I ate, which was not what I planned to eat that night, I was full. And I went on about my party, cheat-free.

I saved that cheat meal for another day, because it was more important to show somebody struggling what it takes. Certainly more important than me getting to eat a few chips.

And it was a good reminder for me that this IS a lifestyle, and people ARE watching me to see that.

I took one for the team…but that just means team fitness is up one!

I bet those chips were stale anyway.

When YOU know what you have done to be able to cheat once in a while ( the extra 30 min on the EFX, or cranking up the incline to 14 when you normally have it on 10) and everyone else just thinks you are letting your guard down for the day. I LOVE knowing inside... I'm already one step ahead lol

And Way to take one for the team girl!!!! I agree the chips were probably stale, party chips always are
          *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Comment

• Great post! People will do that to me on occasion at work. Great way to lead by example!!!

The chips had to be stale. MissMuscle is right.

PS. I am posting the Keep the Flame from Going Out post in the office. Maybe someone will read that and then turn their back on the donuts next time.
            SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Muscle View Post
              When YOU know what you have done to be able to cheat once in a while ( the extra 30 min on the EFX, or cranking up the incline to 14 when you normally have it on 10) and everyone else just thinks you are letting your guard down for the day. I LOVE knowing inside... I'm already one step ahead lol

And Way to take one for the team girl!!!! I agree the chips were probably stale, party chips always are
              And one of the most frequently asked questions I get is how to deal with people watching.

My WHOLE town is watching to see if I go back to 256 pounds! They can't help it. Most people do gain it back!

But all of us on here know they are really looking for a way to justify what THEY are eating. I know, because I used to do that!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
                Great post! People will do that to me on occasion at work. Great way to lead by example!!!

The chips had to be stale. MissMuscle is right.

PS. I am posting the Keep the Flame from Going Out post in the office. Maybe someone will read that and then turn their back on the donuts next time.
                And what is funny....yesterday I had just read your reply...walk in to the break room, and...you guessed it...DONUTS!!!

And there were three people in the break room watching to see if I would cave. I didn't cave. Adina doesn't cave! I may crave, but I don't cave!!!

Comment

• omg adina..i love that post from yesterday.

Comment

• That's a great story Adina. A friend of mine is an NGA pro bodybuilder and she was prepping for a show. She was in the Wendy's drive through getting food for her kids who were in the car with her. A lady from the gym recognized her and followed her to try and see if she was actually eating it. Then she told her about it at the gym the next day. Lol. Weird. People are always watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ondrea View Post
                      omg adina..i love that post from yesterday.
                      Because you live it! I know you do!

Comment

• Originally posted by LilRomano View Post
                        That's a great story Adina. A friend of mine is an NGA pro bodybuilder and she was prepping for a show. She was in the Wendy's drive through getting food for her kids who were in the car with her. A lady from the gym recognized her and followed her to try and see if she was actually eating it. Then she told her about it at the gym the next day. Lol. Weird. People are always watching.
                        I love it when they're blatant about it. I was getting a burger one time. Just a burger and diet coke. No cheese on it. No fries.

These two people I didn't even recognize came up to me and said, "We won't tell if you won't."

Of course, I look down to see Chili, cheese, bacon, fries, etc... But because we were in the same place, in their eyes we were all cheating.

Comment

• hey adina!

are you gonna give the scoop on your weekend party????

i just want to say THANK YOU!

i recently adjusted my diet to the specs you posted a few weeks ago......and "VOILA"

my eyes & my scale say the same thang.....................i am "shrinking" and i say FINALLY!!

whoot hooot..........is this the way you say it???
                          I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
                            hey adina!

are you gonna give the scoop on your weekend party????

i just want to say THANK YOU!

i recently adjusted my diet to the specs you posted a few weeks ago......and "VOILA"

my eyes & my scale say the same thang.....................i am "shrinking" and i say FINALLY!!

whoot hooot..........is this the way you say it???
                            Girl....there is no wrong way to express your excitement...but my way is WOO HOO!!!!

I may have encouraged you, but YOU did the work.

I am proud of you.

WOO HOO!!!! (I did the happy clap for you too!)

Comment

• Little Black Dress

Oh my goodness! Don’t we have a lot of neat stuff going on?

Ondrea is THIS close to her competition.

LilRomano started a journal.

And our own MissMuscle is Ms. Natural Ohio!!! Y’all know what I think that deserves!!! A big, giant:

WOO HOO!!!!

You go girl!!!

So…over in my FitnessRX Blog I am giving an assignment every Friday. This past Friday I told them to spend the weekend looking at their calendars. I wanted them to come up with every opportunity they had to cheat between now and New Years.

Every party. Every holiday. Every shopping trip.
                              What I was looking for was a list of every opportunity they had to go off plan between now and the end of the year.

The bare bones minimum I came up with for myself had over twenty things.

AND THAT IS WHY THIS IS A LIFESTYLE.

People sometimes look at us like we’re the weird ones, but we all know…you can’t eat off plan twenty times between now and New Years.

We can selectively choose a few of these things to indulge, but not every single one.

But it really helped me to look at my calendar like that. Because I think sometimes we forget how many opportunities to cheat there are around us all the time.

But those twenty some odd opportunities to cheat are also twenty some odd reason to stay the course and look smokin’ hot in a little black dress.

And I am choosing the little black dress.

(Fitiron – you don’t have to choose a dress. Unless you just want to.)

Comment

• And in terms of cheating...there are some times it's extremely convenient to have Celiac disease and be intolerant of pretty much everything except protein, veggies, and fruit. They don't know that I could choose to be a little sick and help myself to something. Hee hee! There's a bright side to EVERYTHING!
                                SnakeBite Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X