Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

FitAdina's Blog Spot

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    By the way, have you seen Julie and Julia? It's about women struggling to express themselves but I think it applies to all artists.
    No. I'm sure I will, but I haven't.

This always tends to surprise people about me, but I like to watch scary movies. Things like Saw or The Ring. One time when I knew there was going to be storms all weekend, I rented the entire Children of the Corn series. Watched them all through the night.

Ohh...I loved that Bat Out of Hell thing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
      You know how I knew it was really good? I didn't want it to be over! I kept looking up to the minutes counter thinking, NO!!!

Love the phrase mecca of decadence!
      Yes and YES!!! Two scores!

I really enjoyed recording that line. Say it with me...mecca of decadence.
      Check out my redesigned video samples page!
      http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

No. I'm sure I will, but I haven't.

This always tends to surprise people about me, but I like to watch scary movies. Things like Saw or The Ring. One time when I knew there was going to be storms all weekend, I rented the entire Children of the Corn series. Watched them all through the night.

Ohh...I loved that Bat Out of Hell thing too.
        Really? I wouldn't have figured you for a horror movie fan. Don't know why not!

J&J is a light movie but surprisingly heartfelt. I think you would get something out of it. A lobster is boiled alive, if that helps!

Comment

Yes and YES!!! Two scores!

I really enjoyed recording that line. Say it with me...mecca of decadence.
          It describes that whole place! That's EXACTLY what it is....and sometimes that's good, and sometimes that's bad!

Great wording.

I may need to borrow it. I'm still in the midst of writing my MD Night Before Christmas!

Comment

It describes that whole place! That's EXACTLY what it is....and sometimes that's good, and sometimes that's bad!

Great wording.

I may need to borrow it. I'm still in the midst of writing my MD Night Before Christmas!
            It's yours! Merry Christmas!

Comment

Really? I wouldn't have figured you for a horror movie fan. Don't know why not!

J&J is a light movie but surprisingly heartfelt. I think you would get something out of it. A lobster is boiled alive, if that helps!
              No one ever figures that about me!

I can appreciate good relationship movies, but I can appreciate them more when Freddy or Jason is killing one of the two in the relationship!

The lobster helps though....just a little.

Comment

No one ever figures that about me!

I can appreciate good relationship movies, but I can appreciate them more when Freddy or Jason is killing one of the two in the relationship!

The lobster helps though....just a little.
                You got me! I LOL'd!!

Comment

• You know I'm going to have to blog about this for tomorrow!

Comment

You know I'm going to have to blog about this for tomorrow!
                    Looking forward to it!!

Comment

• Hello love, just got out of the shower after a freakin intense spin class. This is a new teacher to me, and i didnt know when i walked in, but she dosnt believe in rest..... just another way that i know spin instructers like pain! I think i almost passed out when i got off the bike, seriously, do you know how you feal sometimes when you stand up and take a deep breath at the same time and hold the breath??? then you kinda start to feel off balance and maybe "high" (never have been to know what its like) at the same time, and then you have to grab hold of the spin bike to your left so you dont fall flat on your ass, have you ever felt that way or was it just me??? Im trying to decide if maybe it was the "runners high" and not me about to pass out. Ill go back on wednesday night and decide!
                      The Suspence Will Make This Victory All The Better!

Comment

• Originally posted by yorkj2006 View Post
                        Hello love, just got out of the shower after a freakin intense spin class. This is a new teacher to me, and i didnt know when i walked in, but she dosnt believe in rest..... just another way that i know spin instructers like pain! I think i almost passed out when i got off the bike, seriously, do you know how you feal sometimes when you stand up and take a deep breath at the same time and hold the breath??? then you kinda start to feel off balance and maybe "high" (never have been to know what its like) at the same time, and then you have to grab hold of the spin bike to your left so you dont fall flat on your ass, have you ever felt that way or was it just me??? Im trying to decide if maybe it was the "runners high" and not me about to pass out. Ill go back on wednesday night and decide!
                        YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!

I love that you just described torture, yet you're going back!

That's how you make it to goal, Yorky!!!! That's how you make it to goal!

Comment

• Dog Blog

The dog ate my Blog last night.

A very sad, big dog.

When I came in for lunch yesterday, I noticed a big stray dog in my yard. It was hard not to notice.

It was a mix of German Shepherd and something even bigger than that.

And it was bleeding.

Profusely.

There was a trail of blood all through my yard and down the carport.

I thought it had been hit by a car, maybe, because it seemed to be limping. I wasnít sure though.

I was familiar with this dog, as it had started hanging out around a week ago.

Iím pretty sure it had been abused at some point, as it was too skittish to be so big. If I got near it, it cowered and hunkered down preparing to be hit.

And of course, it was never hit at my house.

Jonah tried his best to befriend it, but the best we could get was an occasional pat on the back. It was extra scared about being touched on the head.

But yesterday, it had progressed beyond the usual fear and into panic.

It would not let me touch it anywhere. Not even the back.

I assumed I would be coming home from work and digging a hole. It had lost so much blood. I just did not think it would make it.

I skipped the evening gym session to come home and dig the hole, but the dog was still walking around in distress.

As soon as I drove up, it promptly walked right up to my car and stuck its head under. When I finally coaxed the dog out, I noted a pile of blood too big to be ignored.

It was then I realized the dog had been shot. Right in the chest.

I made some quick calls and was directed to the Sheriffís department. One of the constables came to help me out.

It wasnít a pleasant experience for either one of us.

It turned in to an ordeal that lasted over an hour, as the dog who was on his last leg used that last leg to run and fight.

Iím not an animal person, but I did shed a tear for that dog.

He was big and scary looking, but he wasnít a bad dog.

But somewhere along the way, someone didnít realize what they had.

And they threw him away.

As for me, I spent my lunch hour yesterday feeding it a can of Spam sitting on my carport. Thatís all I had for it. I didnít really have any big dog food. He still didnít let me touch him, but he did let me feed him.

Sometimes thatís all you can do. Give them all you have for the one moment they cross your path.

And then wonder at the people who did not recognize what they had.

Comment

• Ahhh, this blog is making me miss my dog even more.

You did a good thing Adina.

I hope he recovers and gets used to being around humans.

I got an idea, Jonah gets another animal for christmas!!!

My dog in her old age.
                            Attached Files
                            Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
                              Ahhh, this blog is making me miss my dog even more.

You did a good thing Adina.

I hope he recovers and gets used to being around humans.

I got an idea, Jonah gets another animal for christmas!!!

My dog in her old age.
                              He did not make it, Nick. That's why I didn't feel like writing my Blog last night.

Well, it's written already...my scary move Blog...I just didn't feel right posting it today. I had just finished it when the constable arrived.

The dog in that picture is beautiful, Nick.

Comment

• poor dog
                                My dog was put down about 4 years ago.
                                When she was young, if you mention "Go for a walk?"
                                Her ears would pop up and start heading for the door.
                                Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

Working...
                                X