This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
    That would be the shortest show in history! Because Adina is NOT running away from God's second most beautiful man in the world!
    So you want to go one-on-one with the Great One do you?
    Training Log:

Comment

• LOL
      Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

• Trains,subways and trolleys are fun...
        JOIN my health transformation challenge
        www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick D View Post
          I'm sure Adina wants to go one on one with the Great One.

I saw a dog on the loose on the way to school, I wanted to go get him
          but he was on the opposite side of the street.
          He IS God's second most beautiful man!

I live out in the country. Sometimes I'm not sure if I have a house or a stray dog kennel!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
            So you want to go one-on-one with the Great One do you?
            My boys snuck an autographed picture of him next to my bed one time. Then they waited in my room just a giggling.

I took one look at it, then I looked at them and said, "Don't you be laughing. He's going to be your step-daddy one day!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
              Trains,subways and trolleys are fun...
              Oh...I want to ride a trolley too!

I'm so far behind. I live in such a small town that I just took a taxi for the first time in my life last year!

Comment

My boys snuck an autographed picture of him next to my bed one time. Then they waited in my room just a giggling.

I took one look at it, then I looked at them and said, "Don't you be laughing. He's going to be your step-daddy one day!"
                For Adina's Birthday I shall get you the Rock 3-disc dvd set.
                Training Log:

Comment

For Adina's Birthday I shall get you the Rock 3-disc dvd set.
                  That would be September 13th, please and thank you!

Comment

Oh...I want to ride a trolley too!

I'm so far behind. I live in such a small town that I just took a taxi for the first time in my life last year!
                    R u serious? OMG...

Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                    10 days b4 mine...SWEET!
                    JOIN my health transformation challenge
                    www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

• Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
                      R u serious? OMG...

10 days b4 mine...SWEET!
                      Oh, yes. I am!

We only have one taxi in my whole town, and we've only had it a few months.

Of course, it's just a crazy old man with a magnetic sign in the side of his car. It might as well say FREE CANDY TO CHILDREN!

I wouldn't ride in it!

Comment

I really will do this. Do not misunderstand me.
                        Training Log:

Comment

I really will do this. Do not misunderstand me.
                          Oh, no! Don't do that! If you want to do something for me on that day, do something totally kind, secret, and unexpected for someone on that day.

I love secret goodness!

Comment

• The End!

I had been reading MD for several months, when I heard there was going to be a bodybuilding show in my area.

Not a big show, but a show nonetheless.

I was beginning to learn the ropes by this time. Certainly, I knew who the big names of the sport were.

And this was Lee Haney’s show! Surely, I would get to see him?!

Three of my gym buddies decided to go with me.

The entire way to Shreveport, Louisiana, they kept reminding me, “Now, Adina. Don’t get your hopes up. You’re not going to meet anybody here. This is just a local show.”

They said Lee might not even be there.

Literally, I walked in expecting nothing…

...nothing but Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman, and Victor Martinez!

Yeah, they were all at my first show!

I still remember the look Vic gave me when I walked up to his table. I mean, I was smiling like an idiot! How could he not notice? He laughed at me right away, y’all!

I didn’t think much of it, because I wasn’t really expecting to see him again.

Until we ended up at the same restaurant after the show…

He asked me if I had enjoyed the show, and we chatted a few minutes. I thought it was charming that he remembered me from a sea of faces splashing over him all evening. I wasn’t going to go up to him, but he came over to me. (Probably to see if I was still smiling!)

Then a few weeks later, I’m at a contest in Dallas, Texas. The contest hotel had sold out, so I was in an overflow hotel. I walked into the lobby, and straight into Victor.

A few minutes later, I’m with my group at a restaurant and in walks Victor.

Then I’m sitting in the hot tub the next day, and around the corner comes….you guessed it…Victor.

By this point, I’m figuring I’m supposed to know him. So, we sit down to chat.

Three hours later, we’re still chatting.

We ended up exchanging numbers that day.

When my father died last summer, he was the first person to call. I sent a text, and in literally less than a minute, my phone was ringing. I could hear noise in the background and knew he had stopped dinner to call and check on me.

He listened to me cry and said some words to comfort me. Then he said, “I’ll call and check on your tomorrow.”

But the next day would be my day to check on him. When he didn’t call, I knew something wasn’t right.

And that was the day his sister went missing.

For the most part, we just check on each other here and there along the way. But if one of us were to need the other…

But he is what brought me here….to the website.

That day we were sitting in the hot tub…

I asked him if he posted on any of the websites. He told me only MD.

I told him how I like to write about weight loss and motivation, but I didn’t think I was suited for MD. He stopped me mid-sentence and said, “No. You should go there and write. People will read it. I know people will read it.”

And so, I did. Never letting on that he was what brought me here. Wanting my words to speak for me, and not his name.

Sometimes, the same things surface over and over again. When the thing is Victor, it’s easy to notice! How can you miss a 300 pound man?!

But sometimes you have to dig a little deeper and see why the same thing keeps surfacing….and take action on it.

I did, and that is why I’m here!

Comment

Oh, no! Don't do that! If you want to do something for me on that day, do something totally kind, secret, and unexpected for someone on that day.

I love secret goodness!
                              deal.
                              Training Log:

Comment

deal.
                                Very good!

Comment

Working...
                                X